Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Raise That Woman's Petticoat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The compound is a grouping of huts for whom?
(a) The Mauvant family's grown children and their children as well.
(b) The children of the community.
(c) All the families in town.
(d) The leaders of the community.
2. He comes to town alone, speaking of having done what?
(a) Spoken to the spirits.
(b) Broken with his family.
(c) Killed his family.
(d) Left the military.
3. In what town does the story take place?
(a) Port au Prince.
(b) Jean Rabel.
4. Where is this town located?
(a) In the southeast corner of Haiti.
(b) In the northwest corner of Haiti.
(c) In the southwest corner of Haiti.
(d) In the northeast corner of Haiti.
5. The story begins on __________ early morning.
(a) A typical.
(b) A stormy.
(c) A cold.
(d) A strange.
Short Answer Questions
1. Macena believes that the spirits, like his wife, are there to do what?
2. When do the preparations for the party begin?
3. Macena is the father of her children so she must do what?
4. Mauvant dresses and assumes his usual post where?
5. Sina realizes that Macena will not leave the family compound, so she and her eldest daughter, Gloria, decide to do what?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)