|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 - Danbala.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Philo is taken in by a generous woman named _______________.
(a) Madame Vichy.
(b) Madame Victoria.
(c) Madame Victor.
(d) Madame Valeria.
2. What happens to a person who catches a glimpse of her beneath the water that reaches out to touch her?
(a) He or she loses his or her mind.
(b) He or she is taken under the water and drowned.
(c) He or she is blinded.
(d) He or she goes deaf.
3. Alourdes ____________ the family spirits that inhabit the land.
4. ____________________ when she agrees to return to her family land in Jean Rabel to give a feast for the family spirits.
(a) Her sight is restored.
(b) Her hearing is restored.
(c) Her health is restored.
(d) Her voice is restored.
5. The first chapter of the book begins where?
(a) In the city of Port au Prince.
(b) In TriBeCa.
(c) In Brooklyn.
(d) In the rural mountains of Haiti.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Haiti, before she moved to America, Alourdes, like most other Haitian women, did whatever it took to feed herself and her family, including what?
2. Each of these women represents a generational link in a chain that, if broken, will cause what to happen to future generations?
3. Who is Leve Jipon Fanm-nan, meaning "Raise that Woman's Petticoat?"
4. In this chapter we learn about Alourdes' Grandmother, ______________.
5. Sina realizes that Macena will not leave the family compound, so she and her eldest daughter, Gloria, decide to do what?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)