|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 - Danbala.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The capital earned by this career gives her leverage over what?
(a) The wealthy.
(b) Other women.
(c) Those who are not a part of the culture.
(d) An otherwise male-dominated culture.
2. What does the spirit do to Philo?
(a) He makes her deaf.
(b) He makes her go blind.
(c) He makes her ill.
(d) He makes her mute.
3. The incident shows that McCarthy Brown is what?
(a) A good lawyer.
(b) A devoted friend to Alourdes and her family.
(c) Very intelligent.
(d) A liar.
4. He represents the idea that Haitians must connect to what, while shedding their skin and recreating themselves as needed?
(a) Their lost culture.
(b) Their lost spiritual guides.
(c) Their lost family members.
(d) Their lost African roots.
5. In ______________, Alourdes' son William, who is mentally retarded, is arrested for a purse snatching.
(a) March of 1981.
(b) April of 1981.
(c) November of 1981.
(d) January of 1981.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Haiti, before she moved to America, Alourdes, like most other Haitian women, did whatever it took to feed herself and her family, including what?
2. This spirit is the '______________ woman' of the female spirits.
3. What does this spirit tell her?
4. Marie Noelsine is befriended by Madame Fouchard, the local _____________ in Port-de-Paix.
5. Sina is strong and has saved money from what?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)