|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 - Danbala.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. He comes to town alone, speaking of having done what?
(a) Spoken to the spirits.
(b) Killed his family.
(c) Broken with his family.
(d) Left the military.
2. Alourdes and Maggie have the responsibility of keeping the women of this line, Sina, Philo and beyond, as well as the family spirits, alive with what?
(a) Their memories.
(c) Ritual feeding.
3. In the end, what happens in William's case?
(a) He is placed in a mental institution.
(b) He is given community service.
(c) All charges are dropped.
(d) He is put in prison.
4. All Vodou lwa are represented by what?
(b) A Catholic saint.
(c) Hindu gods.
(d) The Apostles.
5. The day arrives when a ________ (an evil spirit, in this case, a two legged horse which stands straight like a man) visits Madame Fouchard in the middle of the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what town does the story take place?
2. In this chapter we learn about Alourdes' Grandmother, ______________.
3. Philo discovers she is pregnant and does everything she can think of to miscarry, as another mouth to feed is the last thing she needs. The spirit __________________ comes to her in a dream and tells her to stop trying to kill her baby.
4. The prefix of the word Danbala is Da, meaning ___________.
5. Alourdes calls who to help her daughter?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)