|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 - Danbala.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The emphasis in this chapter is on what?
(a) The economics of women's lives.
(b) The relationships between men and women.
(c) The economic status of all Haitians.
(d) The history of Haitian politics.
2. What does Mauvant vomit up?
(a) A diamond.
(b) A spirit.
(c) His lunch.
(d) A small, smooth stone.
3. What is the setting?
(a) The town market.
(b) The town hall.
(c) The Mauvant family store.
(d) The Mauvant family compound.
4. What happens to a person who catches a glimpse of her beneath the water that reaches out to touch her?
(a) He or she is blinded.
(b) He or she goes deaf.
(c) He or she is taken under the water and drowned.
(d) He or she loses his or her mind.
5. Each of these spirits exists in close relation to one another and, when considered as a group, are able to quite accurately paint a portrait of whom?
(a) The Haitian woman and the circumstances in which they exist.
(b) All Haitian people and the circumstances in which they exist.
(c) All women and the circumstances in which they exist.
(d) All people and the circumstances in which they exist.
Short Answer Questions
1. The litany of spirits and the litany of ancestral rite would be impossible to maintain in the realm of _________________ where the human and the divine are forbidden to mix.
2. This spirit goes absolutely wildly out of control at the sight of ______________.
3. When Alourdes is possessed by Ogou, the __________ is always wielded.
4. Alourdes and Maggie have the responsibility of keeping the women of this line, Sina, Philo and beyond, as well as the family spirits, alive with what?
5. This spirit is the '______________ woman' of the female spirits.
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)