|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 - Danbala.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alourdes remembers whose birth?
(a) The spirits'.
(d) Her own.
2. In this chapter we learn about Alourdes' Grandmother, ______________.
(a) Marie Noelle.
(b) Marie Antoinette.
(c) Marie Louise.
(d) Marie Noelsine.
3. How do they know this illness is a sure sign of illness caused by the spirits?
(a) It continues to get worse with medical care.
(b) It has come upon her suddenly.
(c) It is something the doctors are unable to properly diagnose or cure.
(d) It is a rare illness.
4. Before long, Macena discovers her whereabouts and does what?
(a) Robs her.
(b) Comes to live with her.
(c) Kicks her out of her new home.
(d) Ignores her.
5. Philo catches the black fever plaguing Haiti. During her recovery, Ageou visits Philo in a dream and tells her what?
(a) How to cure Clement Rapelle's son.
(b) How to find Clement Rapelle's son.
(c) How to give Clement Rapelle a son.
(d) How to protect Clement Rapelle's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Manman Marasa?
2. The chapter about the spirit Azaka, or "Kouzen Zaka" begins with Karen telling the story of her journey to Mama Lola's home in ______________.
3. All Vodou lwa are represented by what?
4. Unfortunately, Fouchard's plan all along is to do what?
5. What does McCarthy Brown do for Alourdes and Maggie?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)