|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 - Danbala.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is this town located?
(a) In the southwest corner of Haiti.
(b) In the northwest corner of Haiti.
(c) In the southeast corner of Haiti.
(d) In the northeast corner of Haiti.
2. What is the beaded rattle used to leverage the spirit world?
(a) An afon.
(b) An ason.
(c) An acon.
(d) An axon.
3. Fouchard feeds Sina and gives her a place to rest whenever she comes to town to sell her goods at the market. Why does Fouchard do this?
(a) She is Sina's aunt.
(b) She cares for Sina.
(c) She is a kind woman.
(d) She knows that these favors will oblige Sina to her.
4. When "Sina," as Macena calls her, becomes pregnant, Mauvant and the men from the community do what?
(a) Force him to marry Sina.
(b) Kick him out.
(c) Put him in jail.
(d) Build him a hut in the compound.
5. In Haiti, before she moved to America, Alourdes, like most other Haitian women, did whatever it took to feed herself and her family, including what?
(a) Selling precious items.
(b) Giving away her children.
(c) Cooking for wealthy families.
(d) Bartering with sex.
Short Answer Questions
1. This spirit goes absolutely wildly out of control at the sight of ______________.
2. The compound is a grouping of huts for whom?
3. Why must this be dislodged?
4. The incident shows that McCarthy Brown is what?
5. Rapelle is told in the dream that she will be able to do what?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)