|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 - Danbala.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Often this way of thinking can lead a Haitian woman into what?
(a) Service of the spirits.
(b) A great depression.
(d) High-risk situations.
2. This mothering spirit is tough and strict and sometimes very ____________.
3. Most of the compound's women have made the long journey down the mountain to what?
(a) The town hall.
(b) The mall.
(c) The school.
(d) The market.
4. What does Mauvant regularly do?
(a) He sleeps.
(b) He sits sipping his special rum mixture and doling out medicine and advice.
(c) He talks to the spirits.
(d) He tells stories.
5. She is taken back to _______________.
(a) Gros Bassin.
(b) Gros Cabrit.
(c) Gros Cheval.
(d) Gros Morne.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Haiti, before she moved to America, Alourdes, like most other Haitian women, did whatever it took to feed herself and her family, including what?
2. Who is Leve Jipon Fanm-nan, meaning "Raise that Woman's Petticoat?"
3. How does Mama Lola discover information through her sister-in-law?
4. When Alourdes is possessed by Ogou, the __________ is always wielded.
5. When he finds her, she repeatedly refuses service to him. Why?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)