|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 - Danbala.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sina decide to "give" Philo, her baby, to Madame Fouchard?
(a) Sina does not like Philo.
(b) Sina needs the money Madame Fouchard gives her for taking in Philo.
(c) Sina knows that Madame Fouchard has control over her.
(d) Sina knows that a single mother raising three children will not be able to provide a very good life for them.
2. In ______________, Alourdes' son William, who is mentally retarded, is arrested for a purse snatching.
(a) January of 1981.
(b) November of 1981.
(c) April of 1981.
(d) March of 1981.
3. ______________ is an elusive creature of the deep sea, a siren.
4. The first chapter of the book begins where?
(a) In TriBeCa.
(b) In the city of Port au Prince.
(c) In the rural mountains of Haiti.
(d) In Brooklyn.
5. Alourdes calls who to help her daughter?
(a) Her ancestors.
(b) Her family.
(c) The spirits.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do they know this illness is a sure sign of illness caused by the spirits?
2. In the end, what happens in William's case?
3. The journey into rural Haiti is ____________ one.
4. What does Philo realize?
5. ______________ is the mother, the one who bears the children.
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)