|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 - Danbala.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Macena mourn bitterly?
(a) Unexpectedly, Macena's servant quits.
(b) Unexpectedly, this prize fighting cock of Macena's dies in the ring.
(c) Unexpectedly, Macena's dog dies while out hunting.
(d) Unexpectedly, Macena's best friend dies.
2. After losing this, she subsequently had a dream of what?
(a) Looking for the spirits.
(b) Losing her daughter.
(d) Being pursued by the spirits and meeting them with resistance.
3. The day arrives when a ________ (an evil spirit, in this case, a two legged horse which stands straight like a man) visits Madame Fouchard in the middle of the night.
4. She is taken back to _______________.
(a) Gros Bassin.
(b) Gros Cabrit.
(c) Gros Cheval.
(d) Gros Morne.
5. In Haiti, before she moved to America, Alourdes, like most other Haitian women, did whatever it took to feed herself and her family, including what?
(a) Giving away her children.
(b) Selling precious items.
(c) Bartering with sex.
(d) Cooking for wealthy families.
Short Answer Questions
1. Clement Rapelle, a Haitian man, dreams about a woman named Philomise who lives in a compound called _____________________.
2. Alourdes' mother, Philomise, is the _________ child born to them.
3. Luc is a wealthy man, and he funds a trip for Philo and her son to do what?
4. Who is Manman Marasa?
5. When she first meets Alphonse Macena, she is just a girl of __________.
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)