|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 - Danbala.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does she learn from her sister-in-law?
(a) She is to move back to Haiti.
(b) She is to train as a manbo in Brooklyn.
(c) She is to become a spirit.
(d) She is to return to Haiti to train as a manbo.
2. The chapter about the spirit Azaka, or "Kouzen Zaka" begins with Karen telling the story of her journey to Mama Lola's home in ______________.
(a) May of 1981.
(b) May of 1982.
(c) May of 1983.
(d) May of 1984.
3. Mauvant dresses and assumes his usual post where?
(a) On his porch.
(b) Outside the general store.
(c) Beneath the cottonsilk tree.
(d) In the center square.
4. What does this spirit love?
(a) Teaching others.
(c) Fine clothes and jewelry and French perfume.
(d) All men.
5. Alourdes' mother, Philomise, is the _________ child born to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long do the ceremonies go on?
2. Azaka offers the rest of his altar food to his guests, doles out messages to the individual guests and instructs them how to do what?
3. What does McCarthy Brown do for Alourdes and Maggie?
4. They are received with a mixture of ____________________ by the rural townsfolk.
5. Where is this ritual feeding held?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)