|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Ogou.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What should Karen take?
(a) First Communion.
(b) The initiation rite.
(c) A walk through a cemetery.
(d) A course in Vodou.
2. What is agreed upon between Mama Lola and Karen?
(a) Karen should stay away from Vodou.
(b) Karen should call Papa Ogou.
(c) Karen should move to Haiti.
(d) Karen should marry Mama Lola's brother.
3. What warrior lesson does Karen learn?
(a) Fight those who fight you.
(b) Know what you want and fight for it.
(c) Learn how to wield a sword.
(d) Strike first and strike hard.
4. When she first meets Alphonse Macena, she is just a girl of __________.
5. When "Sina," as Macena calls her, becomes pregnant, Mauvant and the men from the community do what?
(a) Put him in jail.
(b) Force him to marry Sina.
(c) Kick him out.
(d) Build him a hut in the compound.
Short Answer Questions
1. Macena shirks his responsibilities and spends all of his time where?
2. She buys land in _____________, building her house with her own hands.
3. How do Alourdes and Maggie feel about the idea of having to deal with the American police?
4. Does Joseph Binbin Mauvant like Macena?
5. Sina is strong and has saved money from what?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)