|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Ogou.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is agreed upon between Mama Lola and Karen?
(a) Karen should stay away from Vodou.
(b) Karen should call Papa Ogou.
(c) Karen should marry Mama Lola's brother.
(d) Karen should move to Haiti.
2. Sina is strong and has saved money from what?
(b) Tutoring children.
(c) Selling her goods at the market.
(d) Saving her inheritance.
3. How do Alourdes and Maggie feel about the idea of having to deal with the American police?
(a) They are excited.
(b) They are terrified.
(c) They are angry.
(d) They are annoyed.
4. Mama Lola is throwing Azaka _______________ party, as she must every year.
(a) A birthday.
(b) An anniversary.
(c) A surprise.
(d) A pizza.
5. Who is Manman Marasa?
(a) The daughter of Mauvant.
(b) The wife of Mauvant.
(c) Mama Lola's cousin.
(d) The sister of Mauvant.
Short Answer Questions
1. The chapter about the spirit Azaka, or "Kouzen Zaka" begins with Karen telling the story of her journey to Mama Lola's home in ______________.
2. What warrior lesson does Karen learn?
3. She develops a good reputation within the Haitian community because of what?
4. In what town does the story take place?
5. While power liberates, it also can do what to those who wield it?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)