|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Ogou.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mama Lola discover information through her sister-in-law?
(a) An e-mail.
(b) A phone call.
(c) A letter.
(d) Her dream.
2. The relationship between Sina and Alphonse Macena does not last long. Why?
(a) He does not carry his weight in the household.
(b) He dies.
(c) He is abusive.
(d) She tires of him.
3. This is done around ____________.
(a) 8:00 p.m.
(b) 4:00 a.m.
(c) 4:00 p.m.
(d) 8:00 a.m.
4. The chapter ends with a quick anecdote about whom?
(a) Mama Lola.
5. What is a "met tet?"
(a) A beaded rattle.
(b) Master of her head.
(c) A Mets fan.
(d) A grocery store.
Short Answer Questions
1. When "Sina," as Macena calls her, becomes pregnant, Mauvant and the men from the community do what?
2. Despite her power as a Vodou priestess and the protection that she enjoys at the hands of the spirits, ________________ is enough to upturn Alourdes' life.
3. In ______________, Alourdes' son William, who is mentally retarded, is arrested for a purse snatching.
4. What is agreed upon between Mama Lola and Karen?
5. All morning Mauvant is muttering that he is ________________ but no one pays him much attention.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)