|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Ogou.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ogou teaches that in order to live, one must do what?
2. The relationship between Sina and Alphonse Macena does not last long. Why?
(a) She tires of him.
(b) He does not carry his weight in the household.
(c) He is abusive.
(d) He dies.
3. Despite her power as a Vodou priestess and the protection that she enjoys at the hands of the spirits, ________________ is enough to upturn Alourdes' life.
(a) Certain authority.
(b) A Vodou spirit.
(c) Bad luck.
(d) The American police force.
4. When Alourdes is possessed by Ogou, the __________ is always wielded.
5. Sina is strong and has saved money from what?
(a) Tutoring children.
(b) Selling her goods at the market.
(c) Saving her inheritance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Macena shirks his responsibilities and spends all of his time where?
2. Azaka offers the rest of his altar food to his guests, doles out messages to the individual guests and instructs them how to do what?
3. She develops a good reputation within the Haitian community because of what?
4. Azaka goes about his business first, settling outstanding loans from what, and then selling the goods from his altar to the guests?
5. He is a "grimo," or _____________ man.
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)