|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Ogou.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ogou Badagri, the shy, handsome, brave and loyal, is Alourdes' _____________ from the spirit world.
(c) Chief counselor.
2. Macena believes that the spirits, like his wife, are there to do what?
(a) Serve him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Scare him.
(d) Hurt him.
3. The incident shows that McCarthy Brown is what?
(a) Very intelligent.
(b) A devoted friend to Alourdes and her family.
(c) A liar.
(d) A good lawyer.
4. The relationship between Sina and Alphonse Macena does not last long. Why?
(a) He is abusive.
(b) He does not carry his weight in the household.
(c) She tires of him.
(d) He dies.
5. Despite her power as a Vodou priestess and the protection that she enjoys at the hands of the spirits, ________________ is enough to upturn Alourdes' life.
(a) A Vodou spirit.
(b) Bad luck.
(c) Certain authority.
(d) The American police force.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mauvant is what they call a _____________________ or a true African who has the spirits "on him" always.
2. He is a "grimo," or _____________ man.
3. The spirits will do what if should she neglect them?
4. Does Joseph Binbin Mauvant like Macena?
5. Macena shirks his responsibilities and spends all of his time where?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)