|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 - Dreams and Promises.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rapelle is told in the dream that she will be able to do what?
(a) Help him find his son.
(b) Help to cure his ailing son.
(c) Give him a son.
(d) Protect his son.
2. McCarthy Brown recounts in this chapter a trip she and Alourdes make together in ________ to Haiti.
3. The journey into rural Haiti is ____________ one.
(a) A grueling.
(b) An exciting.
(c) A strange.
(d) An easy.
4. What does the spirit do to Philo?
(a) He makes her mute.
(b) He makes her go blind.
(c) He makes her deaf.
(d) He makes her ill.
5. Macena believes that the spirits, like his wife, are there to do what?
(a) Scare him.
(b) Hurt him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Serve him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In this chapter we learn about Alourdes' Grandmother, ______________.
2. Many guests arrive for the ritual, and after ______________ to persuade the spirits to attend, Mama Lola becomes possessed by the spirit of Azaka.
3. ____________ is finally reacted by Karen, Alourdes and their traveling companions.
4. Macena is the father of her children so she must do what?
5. The relationship between Sina and Alphonse Macena does not last long. Why?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)