|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 - Dreams and Promises.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The capital earned by this career gives her leverage over what?
(a) An otherwise male-dominated culture.
(b) The wealthy.
(c) Other women.
(d) Those who are not a part of the culture.
2. This chapter is a story about the life of Alourdes' ______________, Philomise.
3. Alourdes' mother, Philomise, is the _________ child born to them.
4. Mama Lola is throwing Azaka _______________ party, as she must every year.
(a) A pizza.
(b) A surprise.
(c) A birthday.
(d) An anniversary.
5. What did Maggie explain to Karen?
(a) Azaka is speaking to her.
(b) Azaka is ignoring her.
(c) Azaka is punishing her.
(d) Azaka is praising her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is this ritual feeding held?
2. The emphasis in this chapter is on what?
3. The spirits will do what if should she neglect them?
4. The journey into rural Haiti is ____________ one.
5. The relationship between Sina and Alphonse Macena does not last long. Why?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)