|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 - Dreams and Promises.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alourdes' mother, Philomise, is the _________ child born to them.
2. When he finds her, she repeatedly refuses service to him. Why?
(a) She does not believe she is capable of helping him.
(b) She does not trust him.
(c) The spirits have not come to her to explain how to treat the boy.
(d) She does not want to help him.
3. ____________ is finally reacted by Karen, Alourdes and their traveling companions.
(a) Gros Vignon.
(b) Gros Balance.
(c) Gros Cajou.
(d) Gros Morne.
4. For how long do the ceremonies go on?
(a) Until early in the morning the next day.
(b) For the next week.
(c) Until early in the evening.
(d) Until late at night.
5. The spirit, __________, comes to her in a dream.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a ritual feeding of the poor?
2. Many guests arrive for the ritual, and after ______________ to persuade the spirits to attend, Mama Lola becomes possessed by the spirit of Azaka.
3. She buys land in _____________, building her house with her own hands.
4. Often this way of thinking can lead a Haitian woman into what?
5. The incident shows that McCarthy Brown is what?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)