|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 - Dreams and Promises.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alourdes ____________ the family spirits that inhabit the land.
2. Macena believes that the spirits, like his wife, are there to do what?
(a) Scare him.
(b) Hurt him.
(c) Serve him.
(d) Kill him.
3. The emphasis in this chapter is on what?
(a) The economics of women's lives.
(b) The history of Haitian politics.
(c) The economic status of all Haitians.
(d) The relationships between men and women.
4. What is agreed upon between Mama Lola and Karen?
(a) Karen should stay away from Vodou.
(b) Karen should marry Mama Lola's brother.
(c) Karen should call Papa Ogou.
(d) Karen should move to Haiti.
5. What should Karen take?
(a) The initiation rite.
(b) First Communion.
(c) A walk through a cemetery.
(d) A course in Vodou.
Short Answer Questions
1. ____________ is finally reacted by Karen, Alourdes and their traveling companions.
2. Often this way of thinking can lead a Haitian woman into what?
3. What does this spirit tell her?
4. She buys land in _____________, building her house with her own hands.
5. Macena is the father of her children so she must do what?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)