|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 - Dreams and Promises.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Azaka offers the rest of his altar food to his guests, doles out messages to the individual guests and instructs them how to do what?
(a) Pay for his services.
(b) Live their lives
(c) Worship him.
(d) Dismantle his altar.
2. Ogou Badagri, the shy, handsome, brave and loyal, is Alourdes' _____________ from the spirit world.
(b) Chief counselor.
3. What does Alourdes want to gather?
(a) Her family and friends.
(b) Essential ingredients needed for ceremonies.
(c) Her thoughts.
(d) Those who want to become Vodou healers.
4. In Haiti, before she moved to America, Alourdes, like most other Haitian women, did whatever it took to feed herself and her family, including what?
(a) Cooking for wealthy families.
(b) Selling precious items.
(c) Giving away her children.
(d) Bartering with sex.
5. What should Karen take?
(a) The initiation rite.
(b) A course in Vodou.
(c) First Communion.
(d) A walk through a cemetery.
Short Answer Questions
1. He is a "grimo," or _____________ man.
2. In ______________, Alourdes' son William, who is mentally retarded, is arrested for a purse snatching.
3. The capital earned by this career gives her leverage over what?
4. Where is this ritual feeding held?
5. What does Philo not want to do?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)