|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 - Dreams and Promises.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kouzinn is _____________, a trade that is key to the survival for the poor women of Haiti.
(a) A healer.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A market woman.
(d) A teacher.
2. Rapelle is told in the dream that she will be able to do what?
(a) Help to cure his ailing son.
(b) Help him find his son.
(c) Give him a son.
(d) Protect his son.
3. Ogou Badagri, the shy, handsome, brave and loyal, is Alourdes' _____________ from the spirit world.
(c) Chief counselor.
4. How does Mama Lola discover information through her sister-in-law?
(a) A phone call.
(b) A letter.
(c) Her dream.
(d) An e-mail.
5. For Alourdes, it is a journey long overdue to do what?
(a) Teach others about Vodou.
(b) Pay homage to the spirits.
(c) Learn the history of Haiti.
(d) Relax and enjoy life.
Short Answer Questions
1. The incident shows that McCarthy Brown is what?
2. The chapter ends with a quick anecdote about whom?
3. This chapter we learn more about Kouzinn, the spirit who is what?
4. Often this way of thinking can lead a Haitian woman into what?
5. Azaka goes about his business first, settling outstanding loans from what, and then selling the goods from his altar to the guests?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)