|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 - Dreams and Promises.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Macena believes that the spirits, like his wife, are there to do what?
(a) Hurt him.
(b) Scare him.
(c) Serve him.
(d) Kill him.
2. When "Sina," as Macena calls her, becomes pregnant, Mauvant and the men from the community do what?
(a) Build him a hut in the compound.
(b) Force him to marry Sina.
(c) Put him in jail.
(d) Kick him out.
3. Despite her power as a Vodou priestess and the protection that she enjoys at the hands of the spirits, ________________ is enough to upturn Alourdes' life.
(a) Bad luck.
(b) A Vodou spirit.
(c) Certain authority.
(d) The American police force.
4. The spirits will do what if should she neglect them?
(a) Help her.
(b) Ignore her.
(c) Not work for her.
(d) Kill her.
5. Sina is strong and has saved money from what?
(a) Saving her inheritance.
(b) Tutoring children.
(c) Selling her goods at the market.
Short Answer Questions
1. They are received with a mixture of ____________________ by the rural townsfolk.
2. What does Alourdes want to gather?
3. Philo catches the black fever plaguing Haiti. During her recovery, Ageou visits Philo in a dream and tells her what?
4. The journey into rural Haiti is ____________ one.
5. What is a "met tet?"
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)