|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 - Dreams and Promises.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Haiti, before she moved to America, Alourdes, like most other Haitian women, did whatever it took to feed herself and her family, including what?
(a) Giving away her children.
(b) Cooking for wealthy families.
(c) Bartering with sex.
(d) Selling precious items.
2. Ogou teaches that in order to live, one must do what?
3. Who should Karen marry?
(a) Mama Lola's brother.
(b) Mama Lola's son.
(c) Papa Gedes.
(d) Papa Ogou.
4. Clement Rapelle, a Haitian man, dreams about a woman named Philomise who lives in a compound called _____________________.
(a) Seven Deadly Sins.
(b) Seventh Heaven.
(c) Seven Stabs of the Knife.
(d) Seven Pennies from Heaven.
5. What warrior lesson does Karen learn?
(a) Fight those who fight you.
(b) Know what you want and fight for it.
(c) Learn how to wield a sword.
(d) Strike first and strike hard.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the end, what happens in William's case?
2. Macena believes that the spirits, like his wife, are there to do what?
3. Why does Alourdes do this for Karen?
4. Philo catches the black fever plaguing Haiti. During her recovery, Ageou visits Philo in a dream and tells her what?
5. The journey into rural Haiti is ____________ one.
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)