|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 - Sojeme, Sojeme.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. He comes to town alone, speaking of having done what?
(a) Spoken to the spirits.
(b) Broken with his family.
(c) Killed his family.
(d) Left the military.
2. Where is this ritual feeding held?
(a) In someone's home in Port-au-Prince.
(b) In the cemetery of Port-au-Prince.
(c) In church in Port-au-Prince.
(d) In the town hall in Port-au-Prince.
3. Before long, Macena discovers her whereabouts and does what?
(a) Robs her.
(b) Kicks her out of her new home.
(c) Ignores her.
(d) Comes to live with her.
4. How do they know this illness is a sure sign of illness caused by the spirits?
(a) It has come upon her suddenly.
(b) It is a rare illness.
(c) It continues to get worse with medical care.
(d) It is something the doctors are unable to properly diagnose or cure.
5. ____________ is finally reacted by Karen, Alourdes and their traveling companions.
(a) Gros Balance.
(b) Gros Morne.
(c) Gros Vignon.
(d) Gros Cajou.
Short Answer Questions
1. The journey into rural Haiti is ____________ one.
2. Alourdes' mother, Philomise, is the _________ child born to them.
3. For Alourdes, it is a journey long overdue to do what?
4. In Haiti, before she moved to America, Alourdes, like most other Haitian women, did whatever it took to feed herself and her family, including what?
5. Why does Macena mourn bitterly?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)