|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 - Sojeme, Sojeme.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The emphasis in this chapter is on what?
(a) The history of Haitian politics.
(b) The economic status of all Haitians.
(c) The relationships between men and women.
(d) The economics of women's lives.
2. Alourdes' mother, Philomise, is the _________ child born to them.
3. Sina realizes that Macena will not leave the family compound, so she and her eldest daughter, Gloria, decide to do what?
(a) Convince him to leave.
(b) Remove him from the compound.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Move to a neighboring town.
4. What is a ritual feeding of the poor?
(a) A Manje pov.
(b) Ponji mav.
(c) Monji pav.
(d) Panje mov.
5. Why does Macena mourn bitterly?
(a) Unexpectedly, Macena's best friend dies.
(b) Unexpectedly, Macena's servant quits.
(c) Unexpectedly, Macena's dog dies while out hunting.
(d) Unexpectedly, this prize fighting cock of Macena's dies in the ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to legend, she is so ______________ that he almost faints the first time he sees her.
2. Who is Leve Jipon Fanm-nan, meaning "Raise that Woman's Petticoat?"
3. Macena shirks his responsibilities and spends all of his time where?
4. Macena believes that the spirits, like his wife, are there to do what?
5. Often this way of thinking can lead a Haitian woman into what?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)