|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 - Sojeme, Sojeme.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. McCarthy Brown recounts in this chapter a trip she and Alourdes make together in ________ to Haiti.
2. Maggie tells the story of losing a ___________ (an important item in Vodou initiation rituals.) while in Haiti.
3. Often this way of thinking can lead a Haitian woman into what?
(a) Service of the spirits.
(c) High-risk situations.
(d) A great depression.
4. Why does Macena mourn bitterly?
(a) Unexpectedly, this prize fighting cock of Macena's dies in the ring.
(b) Unexpectedly, Macena's best friend dies.
(c) Unexpectedly, Macena's dog dies while out hunting.
(d) Unexpectedly, Macena's servant quits.
5. Macena is the father of her children so she must do what?
(a) Take him in.
(b) Trust him.
(c) Forgive him.
(d) Stay away from him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Leve Jipon Fanm-nan, meaning "Raise that Woman's Petticoat?"
2. It is noted that what was removed at the same time?
3. Alourdes calls who to help her daughter?
4. He is a "grimo," or _____________ man.
5. After losing this, she subsequently had a dream of what?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)