|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 - Sojeme, Sojeme.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The capital earned by this career gives her leverage over what?
(a) Those who are not a part of the culture.
(b) The wealthy.
(c) An otherwise male-dominated culture.
(d) Other women.
2. What does Alourdes want to gather?
(a) Her family and friends.
(b) Essential ingredients needed for ceremonies.
(c) Her thoughts.
(d) Those who want to become Vodou healers.
3. The journey into rural Haiti is ____________ one.
(a) A strange.
(b) A grueling.
(c) An easy.
(d) An exciting.
4. It is noted that what was removed at the same time?
(a) Her uterus.
(b) Her ovaries.
(c) The fetus of a partially formed twin brother.
(d) The fetus of a partially formed twin sister.
5. ____________ is finally reacted by Karen, Alourdes and their traveling companions.
(a) Gros Morne.
(b) Gros Cajou.
(c) Gros Balance.
(d) Gros Vignon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Leve Jipon Fanm-nan, meaning "Raise that Woman's Petticoat?"
2. In this chapter we learn about Alourdes' Grandmother, ______________.
3. Why does Macena mourn bitterly?
4. For Alourdes, it is a journey long overdue to do what?
5. Maggie tells the story of losing a ___________ (an important item in Vodou initiation rituals.) while in Haiti.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)