|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 - Sojeme, Sojeme.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. He comes to town alone, speaking of having done what?
(a) Killed his family.
(b) Spoken to the spirits.
(c) Broken with his family.
(d) Left the military.
2. She was born by cesarean section weighing a record ______ pounds.
3. In Haiti, before she moved to America, Alourdes, like most other Haitian women, did whatever it took to feed herself and her family, including what?
(a) Bartering with sex.
(b) Giving away her children.
(c) Cooking for wealthy families.
(d) Selling precious items.
4. Why does Macena mourn bitterly?
(a) Unexpectedly, Macena's servant quits.
(b) Unexpectedly, Macena's dog dies while out hunting.
(c) Unexpectedly, this prize fighting cock of Macena's dies in the ring.
(d) Unexpectedly, Macena's best friend dies.
5. The emphasis in this chapter is on what?
(a) The economics of women's lives.
(b) The relationships between men and women.
(c) The history of Haitian politics.
(d) The economic status of all Haitians.
Short Answer Questions
1. In this chapter we learn about Alourdes' Grandmother, ______________.
2. Where is this ritual feeding held?
3. Macena believes that the spirits, like his wife, are there to do what?
4. Why must this be dislodged?
5. Macena shirks his responsibilities and spends all of his time where?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)