|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 - Sojeme, Sojeme.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a ritual feeding of the poor?
(a) Ponji mav.
(b) A Manje pov.
(c) Monji pav.
(d) Panje mov.
2. Maggie tells the story of losing a ___________ (an important item in Vodou initiation rituals.) while in Haiti.
3. We learn in this chapter that Maggie is almost more like a ______________ to Alourdes, someone upon who she relies heavily in her work as a manbo.
4. Before long, Macena discovers her whereabouts and does what?
(a) Robs her.
(b) Ignores her.
(c) Comes to live with her.
(d) Kicks her out of her new home.
5. Sina realizes that Macena will not leave the family compound, so she and her eldest daughter, Gloria, decide to do what?
(a) Move to a neighboring town.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Remove him from the compound.
(d) Convince him to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alourdes calls who to help her daughter?
2. Kouzinn is _____________, a trade that is key to the survival for the poor women of Haiti.
3. During this procedure, she dreams of ____________ that makes her swear she will take the ason. She does swear it, and the medical procedure is a success.
4. The capital earned by this career gives her leverage over what?
5. This chapter we learn more about Kouzinn, the spirit who is what?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)