|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 - Sojeme, Sojeme.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alourdes calls who to help her daughter?
(b) Her ancestors.
(c) The spirits.
(d) Her family.
2. What is the reasoning for the answer to number 96?
(a) Her children are her life.
(b) Vodou spirits are ideal lovers.
(c) She loses all self-esteem.
(d) She gives away part of herself.
3. Alourdes ____________ the family spirits that inhabit the land.
4. We learn in this chapter that Maggie is almost more like a ______________ to Alourdes, someone upon who she relies heavily in her work as a manbo.
5. She was born by cesarean section weighing a record ______ pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alourdes want to gather?
2. Before long, Macena discovers her whereabouts and does what?
3. Maggie tells the story of losing a ___________ (an important item in Vodou initiation rituals.) while in Haiti.
4. For Karen, the trip is largely in the name of ____________.
5. This chapter we learn more about Kouzinn, the spirit who is what?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)