|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 - Sojeme, Sojeme.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Haiti, before she moved to America, Alourdes, like most other Haitian women, did whatever it took to feed herself and her family, including what?
(a) Bartering with sex.
(b) Cooking for wealthy families.
(c) Giving away her children.
(d) Selling precious items.
2. Maggie tells the story of losing a ___________ (an important item in Vodou initiation rituals.) while in Haiti.
3. ____________ is finally reacted by Karen, Alourdes and their traveling companions.
(a) Gros Morne.
(b) Gros Cajou.
(c) Gros Balance.
(d) Gros Vignon.
4. How do they know this illness is a sure sign of illness caused by the spirits?
(a) It continues to get worse with medical care.
(b) It is something the doctors are unable to properly diagnose or cure.
(c) It has come upon her suddenly.
(d) It is a rare illness.
5. Where is this ritual feeding held?
(a) In the cemetery of Port-au-Prince.
(b) In someone's home in Port-au-Prince.
(c) In church in Port-au-Prince.
(d) In the town hall in Port-au-Prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. He comes to town alone, speaking of having done what?
2. What is the reasoning for the answer to number 96?
3. Alourdes calls who to help her daughter?
4. The capital earned by this career gives her leverage over what?
5. Back to the present time in the hospital, Maggie is undergoing a procedure where what must be dislodged?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)