|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 - Sojeme, Sojeme.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is this ritual feeding held?
(a) In the town hall in Port-au-Prince.
(b) In someone's home in Port-au-Prince.
(c) In the cemetery of Port-au-Prince.
(d) In church in Port-au-Prince.
2. Sina realizes that Macena will not leave the family compound, so she and her eldest daughter, Gloria, decide to do what?
(a) Move to a neighboring town.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Remove him from the compound.
(d) Convince him to leave.
3. Kouzinn is _____________, a trade that is key to the survival for the poor women of Haiti.
(a) A healer.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A market woman.
(d) A doctor.
4. Maggie tells the story of losing a ___________ (an important item in Vodou initiation rituals.) while in Haiti.
5. Sina is strong and has saved money from what?
(a) Tutoring children.
(b) Saving her inheritance.
(c) Selling her goods at the market.
Short Answer Questions
1. Macena shirks his responsibilities and spends all of his time where?
2. Why must this be dislodged?
3. Alourdes remembers whose birth?
4. What is the reasoning for the answer to number 96?
5. Alourdes ____________ the family spirits that inhabit the land.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)