|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 - Sojeme, Sojeme.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do they know this illness is a sure sign of illness caused by the spirits?
(a) It is a rare illness.
(b) It continues to get worse with medical care.
(c) It has come upon her suddenly.
(d) It is something the doctors are unable to properly diagnose or cure.
2. Macena is the father of her children so she must do what?
(a) Stay away from him.
(b) Trust him.
(c) Forgive him.
(d) Take him in.
3. Why must this be dislodged?
(a) It is blocking a major artery.
(b) It has become imbedded.
(c) It is pressing on her brain stem.
(d) It is growing larger.
4. What does Alourdes want to gather?
(a) Those who want to become Vodou healers.
(b) Her thoughts.
(c) Essential ingredients needed for ceremonies.
(d) Her family and friends.
5. According to legend, she is so ______________ that he almost faints the first time he sees her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Macena shirks his responsibilities and spends all of his time where?
2. Sina is strong and has saved money from what?
3. When she first meets Alphonse Macena, she is just a girl of __________.
4. Alourdes calls who to help her daughter?
5. The relationship between Sina and Alphonse Macena does not last long. Why?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)