|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 - Sojeme, Sojeme.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Maggie tells the story of losing a ___________ (an important item in Vodou initiation rituals.) while in Haiti.
2. For Alourdes, it is a journey long overdue to do what?
(a) Pay homage to the spirits.
(b) Relax and enjoy life.
(c) Learn the history of Haiti.
(d) Teach others about Vodou.
3. He comes to town alone, speaking of having done what?
(a) Spoken to the spirits.
(b) Left the military.
(c) Killed his family.
(d) Broken with his family.
4. Who is Leve Jipon Fanm-nan, meaning "Raise that Woman's Petticoat?"
(a) Macena's dog.
(b) Macena's servant.
(c) Macena's favorite cock.
(d) Macena's best friend.
5. Why must this be dislodged?
(a) It is growing larger.
(b) It is blocking a major artery.
(c) It has become imbedded.
(d) It is pressing on her brain stem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reasoning for the answer to number 96?
2. This chapter we learn more about Kouzinn, the spirit who is what?
3. What is a ritual feeding of the poor?
4. For Karen, the trip is largely in the name of ____________.
5. The emphasis in this chapter is on what?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)