|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 - Sojeme, Sojeme.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After losing this, she subsequently had a dream of what?
(a) Being pursued by the spirits and meeting them with resistance.
(b) Looking for the spirits.
(c) Losing her daughter.
2. The capital earned by this career gives her leverage over what?
(a) The wealthy.
(b) Those who are not a part of the culture.
(c) An otherwise male-dominated culture.
(d) Other women.
3. What does Alourdes want to gather?
(a) Her family and friends.
(b) Essential ingredients needed for ceremonies.
(c) Her thoughts.
(d) Those who want to become Vodou healers.
4. He is a "grimo," or _____________ man.
5. Maggie tells the story of losing a ___________ (an important item in Vodou initiation rituals.) while in Haiti.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alourdes calls who to help her daughter?
2. In this chapter we learn about Alourdes' Grandmother, ______________.
3. Alourdes' mother, Philomise, is the _________ child born to them.
4. For Alourdes, it is a journey long overdue to do what?
5. How do they know this illness is a sure sign of illness caused by the spirits?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)