|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 - Sojeme, Sojeme.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Haiti, before she moved to America, Alourdes, like most other Haitian women, did whatever it took to feed herself and her family, including what?
(a) Giving away her children.
(b) Cooking for wealthy families.
(c) Bartering with sex.
(d) Selling precious items.
2. Why must this be dislodged?
(a) It is growing larger.
(b) It is blocking a major artery.
(c) It is pressing on her brain stem.
(d) It has become imbedded.
3. Before long, Macena discovers her whereabouts and does what?
(a) Kicks her out of her new home.
(b) Robs her.
(c) Comes to live with her.
(d) Ignores her.
4. Macena shirks his responsibilities and spends all of his time where?
(a) In a bar.
(b) At the cockfights.
(c) With his friends.
(d) In front of the television.
5. Maggie is hospitalized with what?
(b) A mystery illness.
(c) A tumor.
Short Answer Questions
1. He comes to town alone, speaking of having done what?
2. The emphasis in this chapter is on what?
3. Alourdes ____________ the family spirits that inhabit the land.
4. Back to the present time in the hospital, Maggie is undergoing a procedure where what must be dislodged?
5. When she first meets Alphonse Macena, she is just a girl of __________.
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)