|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Effie upset?
(a) Her dog is dead
(b) Spade shouted at her
(c) Brigid did not come home
(d) She is getting strange phone calls
2. Who does Gutman say he hired to steal the falcon from the Russian?
(a) The young gunman
(c) Brigid and Thursby
3. What has Iva come to apologize for?
(a) Loving him
(b) Calling the police
(c) Sleeping with Spade
(d) Accusing him of murder
4. Who does Spade not want to be questioned by?
(a) People that know nothing
(b) The unwise
(c) Every crackpot on the payroll
(d) People who cannot help him solve the case
5. How much money does Gutman's envelope have inside?
6. Who frisks spade?
(b) The gunman
7. What reason does Brigid give for Spade not to hand her over to the police?
(a) She loves him
(b) She is claustrophobic
(c) She will sleep with him
(d) She can give him money
8. What does Spade drink to seal his deal with Gutman?
9. Where does Spade think Brigid has gone?
(a) His apartment
(b) The airport
(c) Gutman's hotel
(d) The dock
10. Who does Spade ask to let him into to Cairio's room?
(a) The hotel cleaner
(b) The hotel detective
(c) The hotel receptionist
11. Who does the tall man in Spade's office ask for?
12. Who accosts Spade outside Gutman's hotel?
(d) The young man
13. What is the name of the chapter?
(a) Horse Feathers
(b) The Fat Man
(c) The Merry-Go-Round
(d) The Emperor's Gift
14. What hotel does Spade drive to in this chapter?
(a) The Alexandria Hotel
(b) The Grand Hotel
(c) The Trump Hotel
(d) The Fourseason's
15. Who does Spade have to keep an appointment with in this chapter?
(c) The District Attourney
Short Answer Questions
1. What is G's real name?
2. What is the hotel detective's name?
3. What two us cities does the District attorney think the gangsters come from?
4. What will happen to Cairo if he does not go along with the story?
5. How is Rhea related to Gutman?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)