|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Spade realize he has to do to prove himself innocent?
(a) Leave the city
(b) Give the falcon to the police
(c) Record a conversation with Guttman
(d) Produce the guilty parties himself
2. Where did Iva go after visiting Sam's apartment?
(b) Her mother's
(c) To kill Miles
(d) A late night movie
3. Who enters as Spade is about to leave his office?
4. Where does leave for at the end of this chapter?
(a) The airport
(b) The dock
(c) Gutman's hotel
(d) His apartment
5. What characters are already in custody?
(a) Cairo and the gunman
(b) Irene and Cairo
(c) Gutman and the gunman
(d) Gutman and Irene
6. What does Spade do when he cannot find Gutman and Cairo?
(a) Goes home
(b) Goes to Brigid's apartment
(c) Goes to his office
(d) Breaks into Gutman's room
7. What country is the ship coming from?
(d) Hong Kong
8. Who is the only person in the room who knows where the falcon is hidden?
9. What information from the newspaper did Cairo tear out?
(a) An obituary
(b) Listings of ships
(c) Baseball results
(d) A picture of a woman
10. What is the name of the ship carrying the falcon?
(a) Mary's Lover
(b) La Paloma
(c) The Spanish Bird
(d) La Angeles
11. Where does Sam look to try and find out about Brigid's activities?
(a) The newspaper
(b) The hotel notice board
(c) Her diary
(d) The television
12. What alerted Gutman to Brigid and Thursby's location?
(a) Thursby's murder
(b) Security cameras
(c) His own private detective
(d) His instincts
13. Who does Spade want as the fall guy?
(c) The young gunman
14. What will happen to Cairo if he does not go along with the story?
(a) He will be killed
(b) He will not get his share
(c) They will torture him
(d) He will be given to the police
15. Why did Brigid kill Miles?
(a) He tried to touch her
(b) He tried to steal the falcon
(c) He scared her
(d) So she could pin the murder on Thursby
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Brigid give for Spade not to hand her over to the police?
2. what does the client in Spade's office want to dicuss?
3. What does spade say he wants?
4. What is the hotel detective's name?
5. Who does the tall man in Spade's office ask for?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)