|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character does Spade turn over to the police?
2. What will happen to Cairo if he does not go along with the story?
(a) They will torture him
(b) He will not get his share
(c) He will be killed
(d) He will be given to the police
3. What hotel does Spade drive to in this chapter?
(a) The Alexandria Hotel
(b) The Grand Hotel
(c) The Trump Hotel
(d) The Fourseason's
4. Where did Brigid and Thursby go once they were in possession of the falcon?
5. What does spade say he wants?
(a) The young man in a body bag
(b) A fall guy
(c) The falcon
(d) Another $10,000
6. Who does the tall man in Spade's office ask for?
7. How is Rhea related to Gutman?
(a) His niece
(b) His daughter
(c) His cousin
(d) His mother
8. What two us cities does the District attorney think the gangsters come from?
(a) Chicago and San Francisco
(b) St. Louis and Chicago
(c) New York and Jersey
(d) Chicago and Seattle
9. Who does Spade find in the Alexandria hotel?
10. Where does Sam look to try and find out about Brigid's activities?
(a) The hotel notice board
(b) The newspaper
(c) Her diary
(d) The television
11. What year was the Falcon made?
(b) 2000 BC
12. Where did Iva go after visiting Sam's apartment?
(a) To kill Miles
(c) A late night movie
(d) Her mother's
13. What does Spade drink to seal his deal with Gutman?
14. What information from the newspaper did Cairo tear out?
(a) A picture of a woman
(b) An obituary
(c) Baseball results
(d) Listings of ships
15. Who does the District Attorney think killed Thursby?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gutman say he hired to steal the falcon from the Russian?
2. Who does Sam send Iva to see?
3. Who does Spade call at the beginning of this chapter?
4. Who does Spade not want to be questioned by?
5. Who does Spade have to keep an appointment with in this chapter?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)