|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Iva go after visiting Sam's apartment?
(a) To kill Miles
(b) A late night movie
(c) Her mother's
2. What is the name of the ship carrying the falcon?
(a) La Angeles
(b) The Spanish Bird
(c) Mary's Lover
(d) La Paloma
3. What is the name of the chapter?
(a) The Merry-Go-Round
(b) The Fat Man
(c) The Emperor's Gift
(d) Horse Feathers
4. Who does Spade call at the beginning of this chapter?
(c) The police
(d) Sid Wise
5. What characters are already in custody?
(a) Gutman and the gunman
(b) Gutman and Irene
(c) Irene and Cairo
(d) Cairo and the gunman
6. What does spade say he wants?
(a) The young man in a body bag
(b) Another $10,000
(c) A fall guy
(d) The falcon
7. How much money does Gutman's envelope have inside?
8. What is the hotel detective's name?
9. Who does Spade find in the Alexandria hotel?
10. what does the client in Spade's office want to dicuss?
(a) Illegal business practises
(c) Employee theft
(d) Jewerly theft
11. Where did Kemidov purchase the falcon?
12. What two us cities does the District attorney think the gangsters come from?
(a) Chicago and San Francisco
(b) New York and Jersey
(c) Chicago and Seattle
(d) St. Louis and Chicago
13. Who does the District Attorney think killed Thursby?
14. What hotel does Spade drive to in this chapter?
(a) The Fourseason's
(b) The Trump Hotel
(c) The Grand Hotel
(d) The Alexandria Hotel
15. How many time did Iva go to Sam's apartment the night Miles was killed?
(b) Three times
(d) Five times
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Spade not want to be questioned by?
2. Where does Spade mail the locker key?
3. Who does Effie say still has not surfaced?
4. What does Spade do when he cannot find Gutman and Cairo?
5. What country is the ship coming from?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)