|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What alerted Gutman to Brigid and Thursby's location?
(a) His instincts
(b) Thursby's murder
(c) Security cameras
(d) His own private detective
2. Why did Brigid kill Miles?
(a) He tried to touch her
(b) He tried to steal the falcon
(c) He scared her
(d) So she could pin the murder on Thursby
3. Who does Spade call at the beginning of this chapter?
(b) The police
(d) Sid Wise
4. Whose three murders does spade want a fall guy for?
(a) Miles, Irene and the young gunman
(b) Miles, Jacobi and Thursby
(c) Miles, thursby and Miss. Wonderly
(d) Jacobi, Irene and Miles
5. Where did Iva go after visiting Sam's apartment?
(a) A late night movie
(c) Her mother's
(d) To kill Miles
6. Where did Brigid and Thursby go once they were in possession of the falcon?
7. Who does Spade want as the fall guy?
(d) The young gunman
8. Who accosts Spade outside Gutman's hotel?
(d) The young man
9. How many time did Iva go to Sam's apartment the night Miles was killed?
(b) Three times
(d) Five times
10. Where did Kemidov purchase the falcon?
11. What does Spade realize he has to do to prove himself innocent?
(a) Leave the city
(b) Produce the guilty parties himself
(c) Record a conversation with Guttman
(d) Give the falcon to the police
12. Who was the falcon a gift for?
(a) The King of England
(b) The Prince of Denmark
(d) The King of Spain
13. Where does Spade mail the locker key?
(a) His apartment
(b) His office
(c) Gutman's hotel
(d) Effie's apartment
14. How much money does Gutman's envelope have inside?
15. Where does Spade rent a locker?
(a) The bank
(b) The bus terminal
(c) The train terminal
(d) The airport terminal
Short Answer Questions
1. what does the client in Spade's office want to dicuss?
2. What cit does rhea say Brigid has been taken to?
3. Who does Gutman say he hired to steal the falcon from the Russian?
4. What does Spade drink to seal his deal with Gutman?
5. Who does the District Attorney think killed Thursby?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)