|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Spade do when he cannot find Gutman and Cairo?
(a) Goes home
(b) Goes to Brigid's apartment
(c) Breaks into Gutman's room
(d) Goes to his office
2. Why does the District attorney think gangsters killed Thursby?
(a) He was an informant
(b) He was a gun toting madman
(c) He killed their boss
(d) He owed debts to them
3. What reason does Brigid give for Spade not to hand her over to the police?
(a) She will sleep with him
(b) She can give him money
(c) She is claustrophobic
(d) She loves him
4. Who does Spade ask to let him into to Cairio's room?
(a) The hotel cleaner
(b) The hotel detective
(c) The hotel receptionist
5. Who accosts Spade outside Gutman's hotel?
(c) The young man
6. What country is the ship coming from?
(b) Hong Kong
7. Who does the tall man in Spade's office ask for?
8. Where does leave for at the end of this chapter?
(a) The dock
(b) The airport
(c) His apartment
(d) Gutman's hotel
9. Why is Effie upset?
(a) Brigid did not come home
(b) Her dog is dead
(c) Spade shouted at her
(d) She is getting strange phone calls
10. Who does Spade find in the Alexandria hotel?
11. What cit does rhea say Brigid has been taken to?
(a) St. Louis
(c) Los Angeles
(d) New York
12. Who is the only one who is unsure about making the young man the fall guy?
13. Where does Spade think Brigid has gone?
(a) Gutman's hotel
(b) The airport
(c) The dock
(d) His apartment
14. Who made the falcon?
(a) The Knights of the the Round Table
(b) Apache Indians
(c) Sioux Indians
(d) The Knights of Templar
15. Who does Gutman say he hired to steal the falcon from the Russian?
(a) The young gunman
(b) Brigid and Thursby
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sam send Iva to see?
2. What is G's real name?
3. Who does Spade not want to be questioned by?
4. What two us cities does the District attorney think the gangsters come from?
5. Who does Spade call at the beginning of this chapter?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)