|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Spade realize he has to do to prove himself innocent?
(a) Produce the guilty parties himself
(b) Leave the city
(c) Record a conversation with Guttman
(d) Give the falcon to the police
2. Who does the District Attorney think killed Thursby?
3. Who does Gutman say he hired to steal the falcon from the Russian?
(b) Brigid and Thursby
(c) The young gunman
4. Where does Spade tell Effie to send the package?
(a) His office
(b) His apartment
(c) Gutman's hotel
(d) Brigid's apartment
5. Why did Brigid kill Miles?
(a) He scared her
(b) He tried to touch her
(c) So she could pin the murder on Thursby
(d) He tried to steal the falcon
6. What alerted Gutman to Brigid and Thursby's location?
(a) Thursby's murder
(b) Security cameras
(c) His own private detective
(d) His instincts
7. What does Spade do when he cannot find Gutman and Cairo?
(a) Goes home
(b) Goes to his office
(c) Breaks into Gutman's room
(d) Goes to Brigid's apartment
8. what does the client in Spade's office want to dicuss?
(a) Illegal business practises
(b) Employee theft
(d) Jewerly theft
9. Who does Spade find in the Alexandria hotel?
10. Who is the only one who is unsure about making the young man the fall guy?
11. Who accosts Spade outside Gutman's hotel?
(a) The young man
12. Where did Brigid and Thursby go once they were in possession of the falcon?
13. Who frisks spade?
(a) The gunman
14. Where does Spade think Brigid has gone?
(a) Gutman's hotel
(b) His apartment
(c) The airport
(d) The dock
15. Where does Sam look to try and find out about Brigid's activities?
(a) The hotel notice board
(b) The newspaper
(c) The television
(d) Her diary
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Spade drink to seal his deal with Gutman?
2. Where does Spade rent a locker?
3. What is the name of the chapter?
4. What has Iva come to apologize for?
5. Who does the tall man in Spade's office ask for?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)