|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Spade not want to be questioned by?
(a) Every crackpot on the payroll
(b) People that know nothing
(c) The unwise
(d) People who cannot help him solve the case
2. What is the name of the ship carrying the falcon?
(a) La Paloma
(b) La Angeles
(c) Mary's Lover
(d) The Spanish Bird
3. What hotel does Spade drive to in this chapter?
(a) The Alexandria Hotel
(b) The Trump Hotel
(c) The Fourseason's
(d) The Grand Hotel
4. Who does Spade ask to let him into to Cairio's room?
(a) The hotel detective
(b) The hotel receptionist
(d) The hotel cleaner
5. Why did Iva send the police to his apartment?
(a) She was jealous
(b) She thought he was guilty of murder
(c) She wanted to frame him
(d) She was worried about him
6. Who does Sam send Iva to see?
(d) Sid Wise
7. Who made the falcon?
(a) Sioux Indians
(b) Apache Indians
(c) The Knights of Templar
(d) The Knights of the the Round Table
8. what does the client in Spade's office want to dicuss?
(a) Illegal business practises
(b) Jewerly theft
(d) Employee theft
9. What has Iva come to apologize for?
(a) Accusing him of murder
(b) Sleeping with Spade
(c) Calling the police
(d) Loving him
10. What does Spade drink to seal his deal with Gutman?
11. Where did Iva go after visiting Sam's apartment?
(a) Her mother's
(c) A late night movie
(d) To kill Miles
12. What is G's real name?
13. Where does Sam look to try and find out about Brigid's activities?
(a) The television
(b) Her diary
(c) The hotel notice board
(d) The newspaper
14. Where does leave for at the end of this chapter?
(a) Gutman's hotel
(b) The dock
(c) The airport
(d) His apartment
15. Who frisks spade?
(b) The gunman
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Gutman want Spade to meet him?
2. Where does Kemidov live?
3. Which character does Spade turn over to the police?
4. Where does Spade rent a locker?
5. What will happen to Cairo if he does not go along with the story?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)