|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Iva send the police to his apartment?
(a) She was worried about him
(b) She wanted to frame him
(c) She was jealous
(d) She thought he was guilty of murder
2. What year was the Falcon made?
(d) 2000 BC
3. What is the hotel detective's name?
4. How much money does Gutman's envelope have inside?
5. Where did Brigid and Thursby go once they were in possession of the falcon?
6. Who does Spade ask to let him into to Cairio's room?
(a) The hotel cleaner
(c) The hotel receptionist
(d) The hotel detective
7. What two us cities does the District attorney think the gangsters come from?
(a) Chicago and Seattle
(b) St. Louis and Chicago
(c) New York and Jersey
(d) Chicago and San Francisco
8. What has Iva come to apologize for?
(a) Loving him
(b) Sleeping with Spade
(c) Accusing him of murder
(d) Calling the police
9. Why does the District attorney think gangsters killed Thursby?
(a) He was a gun toting madman
(b) He owed debts to them
(c) He killed their boss
(d) He was an informant
10. What does Spade do when he cannot find Gutman and Cairo?
(a) Goes home
(b) Goes to Brigid's apartment
(c) Breaks into Gutman's room
(d) Goes to his office
11. Where does Kemidov live?
(c) St. Petersburg
12. Where does Spade rent a locker?
(a) The bus terminal
(b) The airport terminal
(c) The bank
(d) The train terminal
13. Whose three murders does spade want a fall guy for?
(a) Miles, thursby and Miss. Wonderly
(b) Miles, Irene and the young gunman
(c) Jacobi, Irene and Miles
(d) Miles, Jacobi and Thursby
14. Why did Brigid kill Miles?
(a) He tried to steal the falcon
(b) He tried to touch her
(c) So she could pin the murder on Thursby
(d) He scared her
15. How many time did Iva go to Sam's apartment the night Miles was killed?
(b) Five times
(c) Three times
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the tall man in Spade's office ask for?
2. What will happen to Cairo if he does not go along with the story?
3. What was the falcon made from?
4. Where did Kemidov purchase the falcon?
5. Who does Spade find in the Alexandria hotel?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)