|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will happen to Cairo if he does not go along with the story?
(a) He will be killed
(b) He will be given to the police
(c) He will not get his share
(d) They will torture him
2. What reason does Brigid give for Spade not to hand her over to the police?
(a) She will sleep with him
(b) She can give him money
(c) She loves him
(d) She is claustrophobic
3. Who does Spade call at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) The police
(b) Sid Wise
4. How is Rhea related to Gutman?
(a) His mother
(b) His niece
(c) His daughter
(d) His cousin
5. Who does Spade not want to be questioned by?
(a) People who cannot help him solve the case
(b) People that know nothing
(c) Every crackpot on the payroll
(d) The unwise
6. What has Iva come to apologize for?
(a) Sleeping with Spade
(b) Accusing him of murder
(c) Loving him
(d) Calling the police
7. What does Spade drink to seal his deal with Gutman?
8. What country is the ship coming from?
(d) Hong Kong
9. Who enters as Spade is about to leave his office?
10. What is the hotel detective's name?
11. What was the falcon made from?
(b) Gold and jewels
12. what does the client in Spade's office want to dicuss?
(a) Jewerly theft
(b) Employee theft
(c) Illegal business practises
13. Which character does Spade turn over to the police?
14. Where did Iva go after visiting Sam's apartment?
(b) A late night movie
(c) To kill Miles
(d) Her mother's
15. What is the name of the chapter?
(a) The Merry-Go-Round
(b) The Fat Man
(c) The Emperor's Gift
(d) Horse Feathers
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kemidov live?
2. What does Spade realize he has to do to prove himself innocent?
3. Who frisks spade?
4. Why is Effie upset?
5. Why did Brigid kill Miles?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)