|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kemidov live?
(b) St. Petersburg
2. What is the name of the ship carrying the falcon?
(a) The Spanish Bird
(b) La Paloma
(c) Mary's Lover
(d) La Angeles
3. Where does Sam look to try and find out about Brigid's activities?
(a) Her diary
(b) The television
(c) The newspaper
(d) The hotel notice board
4. What reason does Brigid give for Spade not to hand her over to the police?
(a) She is claustrophobic
(b) She loves him
(c) She will sleep with him
(d) She can give him money
5. Where does Spade rent a locker?
(a) The bus terminal
(b) The bank
(c) The airport terminal
(d) The train terminal
6. What cit does rhea say Brigid has been taken to?
(a) St. Louis
(c) Los Angeles
(d) New York
7. Who does Spade telephone in this chapter?
(b) The police
(d) The District Attourney
8. What is the hotel detective's name?
9. what does the client in Spade's office want to dicuss?
(a) Jewerly theft
(b) Employee theft
(d) Illegal business practises
10. How is Rhea related to Gutman?
(a) His niece
(b) His daughter
(c) His mother
(d) His cousin
11. Why did Iva send the police to his apartment?
(a) She was jealous
(b) She wanted to frame him
(c) She thought he was guilty of murder
(d) She was worried about him
12. Where did Iva go after visiting Sam's apartment?
(a) Her mother's
(c) To kill Miles
(d) A late night movie
13. Where does Spade mail the locker key?
(a) Effie's apartment
(b) His apartment
(c) His office
(d) Gutman's hotel
14. Who enters as Spade is about to leave his office?
15. Who does Spade ask to let him into to Cairio's room?
(a) The hotel detective
(b) The hotel cleaner
(d) The hotel receptionist
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Brigid and Thursby go once they were in possession of the falcon?
2. Who is the only person in the room who knows where the falcon is hidden?
3. What hotel does Spade drive to in this chapter?
4. Who does Sam send Iva to see?
5. What country is the ship coming from?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)