|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Spade do when he cannot find Gutman and Cairo?
(a) Goes to Brigid's apartment
(b) Breaks into Gutman's room
(c) Goes to his office
(d) Goes home
2. What does Spade drink to seal his deal with Gutman?
3. What is G's real name?
4. Who does Spade call at the beginning of this chapter?
(b) Sid Wise
(d) The police
5. What is the name of the ship carrying the falcon?
(a) Mary's Lover
(b) La Angeles
(c) The Spanish Bird
(d) La Paloma
6. What information from the newspaper did Cairo tear out?
(a) Baseball results
(b) Listings of ships
(c) A picture of a woman
(d) An obituary
7. Who does Sam send Iva to see?
(c) Sid Wise
8. What two us cities does the District attorney think the gangsters come from?
(a) Chicago and San Francisco
(b) Chicago and Seattle
(c) New York and Jersey
(d) St. Louis and Chicago
9. Who enters as Spade is about to leave his office?
10. What is the hotel detective's name?
11. Who was the falcon a gift for?
(b) The Prince of Denmark
(c) The King of England
(d) The King of Spain
12. Where does Spade mail the locker key?
(a) His office
(b) Gutman's hotel
(c) His apartment
(d) Effie's apartment
13. Who accosts Spade outside Gutman's hotel?
(c) The young man
14. Who does Spade want as the fall guy?
(c) The young gunman
15. Who frisks spade?
(d) The gunman
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Spade rent a locker?
2. Why did Iva send the police to his apartment?
3. Which character does Spade turn over to the police?
4. Who does Spade have to keep an appointment with in this chapter?
5. Who does Spade ask to let him into to Cairio's room?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)