|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Spade rent a locker?
(a) The bank
(b) The airport terminal
(c) The train terminal
(d) The bus terminal
2. Where does Spade tell Effie to send the package?
(a) His office
(b) Brigid's apartment
(c) His apartment
(d) Gutman's hotel
3. What has Iva come to apologize for?
(a) Sleeping with Spade
(b) Accusing him of murder
(c) Calling the police
(d) Loving him
4. Where did Iva go after visiting Sam's apartment?
(b) To kill Miles
(c) Her mother's
(d) A late night movie
5. Why does the District attorney think gangsters killed Thursby?
(a) He killed their boss
(b) He was an informant
(c) He was a gun toting madman
(d) He owed debts to them
6. What is G's real name?
7. How much money does Gutman's envelope have inside?
8. What does Spade drink to seal his deal with Gutman?
9. What does Spade do when he cannot find Gutman and Cairo?
(a) Goes to Brigid's apartment
(b) Breaks into Gutman's room
(c) Goes to his office
(d) Goes home
10. Who was the falcon a gift for?
(a) The King of Spain
(c) The King of England
(d) The Prince of Denmark
11. Where does Kemidov live?
(b) St. Petersburg
12. What alerted Gutman to Brigid and Thursby's location?
(a) Thursby's murder
(b) His instincts
(c) His own private detective
(d) Security cameras
13. Who does Spade not want to be questioned by?
(a) Every crackpot on the payroll
(b) People who cannot help him solve the case
(c) People that know nothing
(d) The unwise
14. Where did Kemidov purchase the falcon?
15. Who does Spade have to keep an appointment with in this chapter?
(b) The District Attourney
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Spade ask to let him into to Cairio's room?
2. Who does Effie say still has not surfaced?
3. Who does Gutman say he hired to steal the falcon from the Russian?
4. What two us cities does the District attorney think the gangsters come from?
5. Who made the falcon?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)