|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the hotel detective's name?
2. What two us cities does the District attorney think the gangsters come from?
(a) Chicago and San Francisco
(b) Chicago and Seattle
(c) New York and Jersey
(d) St. Louis and Chicago
3. What cit does rhea say Brigid has been taken to?
(a) St. Louis
(b) New York
(d) Los Angeles
4. Whose three murders does spade want a fall guy for?
(a) Miles, thursby and Miss. Wonderly
(b) Miles, Jacobi and Thursby
(c) Miles, Irene and the young gunman
(d) Jacobi, Irene and Miles
5. Where does Spade rent a locker?
(a) The bank
(b) The airport terminal
(c) The bus terminal
(d) The train terminal
6. What information from the newspaper did Cairo tear out?
(a) An obituary
(b) Baseball results
(c) Listings of ships
(d) A picture of a woman
7. What does spade say he wants?
(a) A fall guy
(b) Another $10,000
(c) The young man in a body bag
(d) The falcon
8. Who does Spade find in the Alexandria hotel?
9. Where does leave for at the end of this chapter?
(a) The airport
(b) His apartment
(c) Gutman's hotel
(d) The dock
10. Who does Spade not want to be questioned by?
(a) People that know nothing
(b) Every crackpot on the payroll
(c) The unwise
(d) People who cannot help him solve the case
11. What was the falcon made from?
(a) Gold and jewels
12. Why does the District attorney think gangsters killed Thursby?
(a) He owed debts to them
(b) He killed their boss
(c) He was an informant
(d) He was a gun toting madman
13. What will happen to Cairo if he does not go along with the story?
(a) They will torture him
(b) He will not get his share
(c) He will be given to the police
(d) He will be killed
14. Where does Kemidov live?
(b) St. Petersburg
15. Who is the only one who is unsure about making the young man the fall guy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters as Spade is about to leave his office?
2. What does Spade drink to seal his deal with Gutman?
3. Who does Spade telephone in this chapter?
4. Where does Gutman want Spade to meet him?
5. What does Spade realize he has to do to prove himself innocent?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)