|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the District attorney think gangsters killed Thursby?
(a) He was a gun toting madman
(b) He killed their boss
(c) He was an informant
(d) He owed debts to them
2. what does the client in Spade's office want to dicuss?
(a) Jewerly theft
(b) Illegal business practises
(d) Employee theft
3. Who does the tall man in Spade's office ask for?
4. What does Spade do when he cannot find Gutman and Cairo?
(a) Breaks into Gutman's room
(b) Goes to his office
(c) Goes to Brigid's apartment
(d) Goes home
5. Where does Spade tell Effie to send the package?
(a) His apartment
(b) Brigid's apartment
(c) Gutman's hotel
(d) His office
6. What will happen to Cairo if he does not go along with the story?
(a) He will not get his share
(b) He will be killed
(c) He will be given to the police
(d) They will torture him
7. How is Rhea related to Gutman?
(a) His daughter
(b) His cousin
(c) His niece
(d) His mother
8. Who made the falcon?
(a) Sioux Indians
(b) The Knights of the the Round Table
(c) Apache Indians
(d) The Knights of Templar
9. What is the hotel detective's name?
10. Who does the District Attorney think killed Thursby?
11. Whose three murders does spade want a fall guy for?
(a) Miles, thursby and Miss. Wonderly
(b) Jacobi, Irene and Miles
(c) Miles, Jacobi and Thursby
(d) Miles, Irene and the young gunman
12. Who does Spade find in the Alexandria hotel?
13. Who is the only person in the room who knows where the falcon is hidden?
14. Who was the falcon a gift for?
(b) The King of Spain
(c) The King of England
(d) The Prince of Denmark
15. What country is the ship coming from?
(c) Hong Kong
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Iva come to apologize for?
2. What two us cities does the District attorney think the gangsters come from?
3. Where does Spade mail the locker key?
4. Where did Iva go after visiting Sam's apartment?
5. Where does leave for at the end of this chapter?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)