|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who frisks spade?
(b) The gunman
2. Who enters as Spade is about to leave his office?
3. What is G's real name?
4. What does Spade realize he has to do to prove himself innocent?
(a) Record a conversation with Guttman
(b) Give the falcon to the police
(c) Produce the guilty parties himself
(d) Leave the city
5. What is the name of the chapter?
(a) Horse Feathers
(b) The Merry-Go-Round
(c) The Emperor's Gift
(d) The Fat Man
6. What does Spade drink to seal his deal with Gutman?
7. Where does Spade think Brigid has gone?
(a) The airport
(b) His apartment
(c) The dock
(d) Gutman's hotel
8. What will happen to Cairo if he does not go along with the story?
(a) He will be killed
(b) He will not get his share
(c) They will torture him
(d) He will be given to the police
9. What has Iva come to apologize for?
(a) Accusing him of murder
(b) Loving him
(c) Calling the police
(d) Sleeping with Spade
10. Where does Kemidov live?
(d) St. Petersburg
11. Where does Gutman want Spade to meet him?
(a) In a park
(b) His hotel
(c) His office
(d) In a restaurant
12. What does Spade do when he cannot find Gutman and Cairo?
(a) Breaks into Gutman's room
(b) Goes to Brigid's apartment
(c) Goes home
(d) Goes to his office
13. Who made the falcon?
(a) The Knights of Templar
(b) Sioux Indians
(c) The Knights of the the Round Table
(d) Apache Indians
14. Where does Spade rent a locker?
(a) The train terminal
(b) The bus terminal
(c) The bank
(d) The airport terminal
15. What two us cities does the District attorney think the gangsters come from?
(a) Chicago and San Francisco
(b) Chicago and Seattle
(c) New York and Jersey
(d) St. Louis and Chicago
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the tall man in Spade's office ask for?
2. Who does Spade find in the Alexandria hotel?
3. How much money does Gutman's envelope have inside?
4. Who is the only person in the room who knows where the falcon is hidden?
5. Who does the District Attorney think killed Thursby?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)