|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cit does rhea say Brigid has been taken to?
(a) Los Angeles
(b) St. Louis
(c) New York
2. Who is the only person in the room who knows where the falcon is hidden?
3. Who does Sam send Iva to see?
(b) Sid Wise
4. Why did Iva send the police to his apartment?
(a) She was jealous
(b) She thought he was guilty of murder
(c) She was worried about him
(d) She wanted to frame him
5. What does Spade do when he cannot find Gutman and Cairo?
(a) Goes to Brigid's apartment
(b) Goes to his office
(c) Goes home
(d) Breaks into Gutman's room
6. What hotel does Spade drive to in this chapter?
(a) The Fourseason's
(b) The Grand Hotel
(c) The Alexandria Hotel
(d) The Trump Hotel
7. Where does Spade mail the locker key?
(a) Effie's apartment
(b) His apartment
(c) His office
(d) Gutman's hotel
8. Why is Effie upset?
(a) Spade shouted at her
(b) Brigid did not come home
(c) Her dog is dead
(d) She is getting strange phone calls
9. What is the hotel detective's name?
10. What does spade say he wants?
(a) The falcon
(b) The young man in a body bag
(c) A fall guy
(d) Another $10,000
11. What year was the Falcon made?
(c) 2000 BC
12. Where does Spade think Brigid has gone?
(a) His apartment
(b) The dock
(c) Gutman's hotel
(d) The airport
13. Who does Spade ask to let him into to Cairio's room?
(a) The hotel detective
(b) The hotel cleaner
(d) The hotel receptionist
14. Who does Spade not want to be questioned by?
(a) Every crackpot on the payroll
(b) People who cannot help him solve the case
(c) People that know nothing
(d) The unwise
15. Where does Spade tell Effie to send the package?
(a) Brigid's apartment
(b) Gutman's hotel
(c) His office
(d) His apartment
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Brigid kill Miles?
2. What is the name of the chapter?
3. Who does Effie say still has not surfaced?
4. How is Rhea related to Gutman?
5. Who does Gutman say he hired to steal the falcon from the Russian?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)