Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was taken from Redwing's apartment, citing her for child abuse?
2. Of all the original suspects, who is the ONLY one that is a rapist?
3. Who is in Mallory's apartment that describes who the killer was and why while parts of the board jump up?
4. Of all the original suspects, who is the ONLY one that Mallory inadvertently trusted?
5. What does Mallory consider is good enough to do by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 1
Mallory's Oracle is a detective fiction novel. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the novel's title. Why do you think the author named the book Mallory's Oracle? Now that you have read the book, how does that alter your understanding of the title? Are you intrigued to find a sequel or more mysteries with Mallory? Why or why not? Cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
O'Connell uses more than one iteration on the motif of life-death-life. Identify at least two motifs about life-death-life in the book. Then cite an example to support each answer.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)