Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was taken from Redwing's apartment, citing her for child abuse?
2. Of all the original suspects, who is the ONLY one that is a rapist?
3. Who is in Mallory's apartment that describes who the killer was and why while parts of the board jump up?
4. Of all the original suspects, who is the ONLY one that Mallory inadvertently trusted?
5. What does Mallory consider is good enough to do by the end of the novel?
Both Mallory and Butler are important characters.
Part 1) Compare Mallory to Butler. How are these two characters similar and how are they different?
Part 2) What psychological purpose or insight does Mallory offer? Elaborate on this.
Part 3) Mallory offers to examine the past of the murder suspects. What is implied in this decision and how does it reveal that the murder motive is connected to the past of the murderer and not the present circumstances alone?
Edith and Gaylor are two intriguing characters involved with seances.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events that Edith had a direct influence upon? What are some events that Gaylor had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the seance group? Which one is stronger and why?
O'Connell uses more than one iteration on the theme of betrayal. Identify at least two themes about betrayal in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)