|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who panhandles and calls Henry for money?
2. Who takes Riker to Redwing's where she taps into the apartment building's wiring?
3. Who steals the information from Edith's Rolodex about Redwing's address?
4. Who has amnesia and is in the hospital recovering from a near-death experience?
5. Who shoots Gaynor while being protected by a vest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mallory believe will be over when she returns from her trip?
2. Why is Riker alarmed by the change in Mallory as she pursues the investigation?
3. Why was Redwing never prosecuted prior to the Markowitz case?
4. What did the director do with the information Redwing gave him?
5. Why is there a cop outside Margot's window?
6. Why does Riker say that he and Mallory cannot use any information they get illegally from Redwing's apartment?
7. Why is Mallory warned to stay away from Redwing?
8. Why does Mallory shed fake tears for Coffey and the DA?
9. In the end, how does Mallory act by Markowitz?
10. What is the epiphany that Butler has in Mallory's apartment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Appearances can be deceiving. Make a time line that shows the progression of your knowledge as a reader into the characters of the murder suspects. Which characters reveal the theme of appearances can be deceiving most?
Essay Topic 2
How is sexuality portrayed in Mallory's Oracle? Which characters appear overtly sexual? Which characters are sexually appealing to others and why? What sexual taboos are broken and what issues are raised in relation to sex?
Essay Topic 3
O'Connell uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the book. Then cite an example to support your answer.
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)