|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sees a cop outside her window and realizes that the bank incident is responsible for the cop's presence?
2. Who leaves Edith in charge of Gaynor?
3. What will be mostly done by the time Mallory returns from her trip?
4. Of all the original suspects, who is the ONLY one that receives punishment legally?
5. Of all the original suspects, who is the ONLY one that Mallory inadvertently trusted?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Mallory cold when dealing with Edith before her trip?
2. When Butler realizes how powerful Edith is, what does he blame her for?
3. What is unusual about the puppy at Redwing's feet in the park?
4. What is Redwing charged with when Mallory's associates round her up from her apartment?
5. When Butler wakes up in the hospital, why is he confused?
6. Why is there a cop outside Margot's window?
7. Why does Riker say that he and Mallory cannot use any information they get illegally from Redwing's apartment?
8. Why is Redwing such a serious threat according to Edith and others?
9. After Gaynor's death, where is the blame for the murders going?
10. Why does Mallory shed fake tears for Coffey and the DA?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Edith and Gaylor are two intriguing characters involved with seances.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events that Edith had a direct influence upon? What are some events that Gaylor had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the seance group? Which one is stronger and why?
Essay Topic 2
Mallory's Oracle is a detective fiction novel. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Coffey's character, comparing and contrasting him with Butler and Riker.
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)