|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who steals the information from Edith's Rolodex about Redwing's address?
2. Who takes Riker to Redwing's where she taps into the apartment building's wiring?
3. Why does Mallory not want to help the medium?
4. Who possesses some supernatural gift that cannot be fought with ordinary methods?
5. Of all the original suspects, who is the ONLY one that is a rapist?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is there a cop outside Margot's window?
2. How does Butler meet Fanny Evenroe and what do they discuss?
3. Why is Riker alarmed by the change in Mallory as she pursues the investigation?
4. In the end, how does Mallory act by Markowitz?
5. Why is Mallory warned to stay away from Redwing?
6. What is Redwing charged with when Mallory's associates round her up from her apartment?
7. Why is Redwing such a serious threat according to Edith and others?
8. When Butler visits Edith, what does he discover about Mallory?
9. What does Redwing insist that Mallory drink and why?
10. Why does Riker say that he and Mallory cannot use any information they get illegally from Redwing's apartment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Mallory's motivation and reasons for paying close attention to the seances. What do they reveal about the murderer?
Essay Topic 2
Mallory's personality invokes strong attraction for multiple characters ranging from Butler to Coffey. Why is this so? Whom is she attracted to if anyone? What is it about Mallory's personality that evokes protective instincts in men? What are some of her negative characteristics?
Essay Topic 3
Mallory's Oracle is a detective fiction novel. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)