|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was taken from Redwing's apartment, citing her for child abuse?
2. Of all the original suspects, who is the ONLY one that is a rapist?
3. Who is in Mallory's apartment that describes who the killer was and why while parts of the board jump up?
4. Of all the original suspects, who is the ONLY one that Mallory inadvertently trusted?
5. What does Mallory consider is good enough to do by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 1
Both Mallory and Butler are important characters.
Part 1) Compare Mallory to Butler. How are these two characters similar and how are they different?
Part 2) What psychological purpose or insight does Mallory offer? Elaborate on this.
Part 3) Mallory offers to examine the past of the murder suspects. What is implied in this decision and how does it reveal that the murder motive is connected to the past of the murderer and not the present circumstances alone?
Essay Topic 2
Edith and Gaylor are two intriguing characters involved with seances.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events that Edith had a direct influence upon? What are some events that Gaylor had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the seance group? Which one is stronger and why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe some of the settings for the book. What is the overall setting? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did O'Connell choose to use these places in the book?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)