|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was unable to give Riker's boss the training he/she needed?
2. Who did Redwing supply information to?
3. Who is in Mallory's apartment that describes who the killer was and why while parts of the board jump up?
4. What kind of puppy sits at Redwing's feet?
5. What does Mallory consider is good enough to do by the end of the novel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Mallory's motivation and reasons for paying close attention to the seances. What do they reveal about the murderer?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Coffey's character, comparing and contrasting him with Butler and Riker.
Essay Topic 3
Foreshadowing is the use of hints or clues to suggest what will happen later in the novel. The objective of this lesson is to discuss the use of foreshadowing in the book. Why does O'Connell insert foreshadowing into the novel? is it effective? Why or why not?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)