|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the investigation continues, who becomes messy and less like a perfectionist surprising Riker?
2. Who shoots Gaynor while being protected by a vest?
3. Who panhandles and calls Henry for money?
4. Who keeps Mallory company in the hospital?
5. Who possesses some supernatural gift that cannot be fought with ordinary methods?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Butler wakes up in the hospital, why is he confused?
2. Why is Redwing such a serious threat according to Edith and others?
3. When Mallory realizes she has been drugged, how does she get help?
4. When Butler goes to Edith's house, how does he determine changes that help him as clues to the investigation?
5. Why is there a cop outside Margot's window?
6. Why does Margot alarm a customer at a thrift store?
7. When Mallory goes to visit Redwing, what does she notice about Redwing's apartment?
8. What is Butler told is the reason for his presence in the hospital?
9. What does Edith want from Mallory as she packs for her trip?
10. What does Mallory believe will be over when she returns from her trip?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is sexuality portrayed in Mallory's Oracle? Which characters appear overtly sexual? Which characters are sexually appealing to others and why? What sexual taboos are broken and what issues are raised in relation to sex?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Coffey's character, comparing and contrasting him with Butler and Riker.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the detecting techniques of the four sleuths of Mallory, Coffey, Riker, and Butler; cover how they each approach the murder and whether their intuitions were correct. Who actually solves the murders and how?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)