|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What in the building make it difficult to determine the exact time of death?
2. Who had Markowitz on videotape, saying that he was a natural and a wonderful dancer?
3. How many times a week did Markowitz go dancing prior to his death?
4. Where was Cathery when he turned 21 and received his trust fund?
5. Who breaks into Edith Candle's computer to watch her activities?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Edith reveal about showmanship and fraud?
2. What is the epiphany that Butler has in Mallory's apartment?
3. How does Mallory act in the investigation that raises alarms for her tendency of being a sociopath?
4. Why is Riker alarmed by the change in Mallory as she pursues the investigation?
5. Despite what limitations does Butler like Cathery?
6. Why is Butler's presence at poker important?
7. Why is Butler upset with Mallory in her new office in his building?
8. What does Redwing insist that Mallory drink and why?
9. What does Edith want from Mallory as she packs for her trip?
10. Why is there a cop outside Margot's window?
Essay Topic 1
Appearances can be deceiving. Make a time line that shows the progression of your knowledge as a reader into the characters of the murder suspects. Which characters reveal the theme of appearances can be deceiving most?
Essay Topic 2
Describe some of the settings for the book. What is the overall setting? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did O'Connell choose to use these places in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
This section contains 1,407 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)