|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who discuss computer scans and Edith Candle's fortune?
2. What in the building make it difficult to determine the exact time of death?
3. In a message Edith gets on her wall after attending the seance, who might die?
4. Who turns out to be very willing to discuss the murder cases with the cops surprisingly even though one of them will be the next target?
5. Whose house does Mallory visit to learn more about her father's dancing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is shocking about Mallory's discovery about her father dancing?
2. When Margot cannot get into her apartment, how does she reveal her desperation in her subsequent acts?
3. Why is Margot unable to prove that she is related to Siddon?
4. What does one of Butler's tenants tell him about the building and other tenants?
5. Why does Mallory run out screaming from the seance?
6. Despite what limitations does Butler like Cathery?
7. Why is Sloop unable to tell the exact time of death of Markowitz?
8. How is Siddon described in Chapter 4?
9. What does Butler do at Markowitz' funeral that shocks everyone?
10. How does Mallory act at the crime scene of her father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Coffey's character, comparing and contrasting him with Butler and Riker.
Essay Topic 2
O'Connell uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the book. Then cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How is sexuality portrayed in Mallory's Oracle? Which characters appear overtly sexual? Which characters are sexually appealing to others and why? What sexual taboos are broken and what issues are raised in relation to sex?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)