|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the cryptic conversation with the mystery caller contacted by Evenroe, who ran away?
(a) A police detective.
(b) A grocery owner.
(c) A couple of kids.
(d) A lawyer.
2. Who takes Riker to Redwing's where she taps into the apartment building's wiring?
3. Who arrives at Edith's apartment and confronts her with the information he had pieced together at Mallory's apartment?
4. Who finally tells Mallory that the reason Redwing has never been prosecuted is that one of the complainants vanished and the other died from a massive heart attack induced by fear?
5. What will be mostly done by the time Mallory returns from her trip?
(a) The will.
(b) The crime.
(c) The trial.
(d) The fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since Gaynor is dead, who will be most likely convicted of the murder and theft crimes?
2. Who stabs a rapist in the subway?
3. As the investigation continues, who becomes messy and less like a perfectionist surprising Riker?
4. What kind of illegal activity does Redwing do?
5. Who is waiting for a cab to go to a boat at the end of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mallory regret about Markowitz at the end of the novel?
2. How is Mallory's relationship with Butler different from that of other men?
3. Why is there a cop outside Margot's window?
4. How does Butler meet Fanny Evenroe and what do they discuss?
5. What is Butler told is the reason for his presence in the hospital?
6. When Mallory realizes she has been drugged, how does she get help?
7. When Mallory goes to visit Redwing, what does she notice about Redwing's apartment?
8. After Gaynor's death, where is the blame for the murders going?
9. What does Redwing insist that Mallory drink and why?
10. Why was Redwing never prosecuted prior to the Markowitz case?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)