|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who keeps Mallory company in the hospital?
2. Who tries to chase the suspect at the park after the dog violence, leaving Riker behind?
3. In the cryptic conversation with the mystery caller contacted by Evenroe, who died in childbirth?
(b) An heiress.
(c) A young girl.
4. From what inside her tea cup, will Mallory learn about her future according to the dangerous person she visits that has a puppy sitting next to him/her?
(a) The dregs.
(b) The fluid.
(c) The leaves.
(d) The drugs.
5. Who possesses some supernatural gift that cannot be fought with ordinary methods?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mallory realize about the tea she drank that gives her hallucinations?
2. Who does Butler blame for the death of the seance ladies?
3. Who does Mallory trust the most by the end of the novel?
4. Who stabs a rapist in the subway?
5. Who does not have a spectacular send off after death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mallory warned to stay away from Redwing?
2. Why does Riker say that he and Mallory cannot use any information they get illegally from Redwing's apartment?
3. Why is Riker alarmed by the change in Mallory as she pursues the investigation?
4. What did the director do with the information Redwing gave him?
5. When Butler wakes up in the hospital, why is he confused?
6. What is Butler told is the reason for his presence in the hospital?
7. After Gaynor's death, where is the blame for the murders going?
8. When Butler visits Edith, what does he discover about Mallory?
9. What is unusual about the puppy at Redwing's feet in the park?
10. In the end, how does Mallory act by Markowitz?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)