|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of dog suddenly turns on its owner and attacks the owner's child, showing the first sign of violence ever in its life?
2. How does Mallory treat Butler in comparison to Edith?
(a) She is considerate at first to Butler but then becomes cold and friendly only to Edith.
(b) She is compassionate to him and cold to her.
(c) She treats them equally.
(d) She is cold to him and compassionate to him.
3. Who will surely go to jail for a long time?
4. Of all the original suspects, who is the ONLY one that is dead?
5. What was Edith's scam meant to achieve for her?
(a) Give her control.
(b) Give her fame.
(c) Give her lots of money.
(d) Give her youth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Butler want to find in the photograph on Edith's mantel?
2. What does Mallory consider is good enough to do by the end of the novel?
3. Who finally tells Mallory that the reason Redwing has never been prosecuted is that one of the complainants vanished and the other died from a massive heart attack induced by fear?
4. In the cryptic conversation with the mystery caller contacted by Evenroe, who died in childbirth?
5. In the cryptic conversation with the mystery caller contacted by Evenroe, who was cast out of town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Edith want from Mallory as she packs for her trip?
2. How is Mallory cold when dealing with Edith before her trip?
3. Why is there a cop outside Margot's window?
4. What is Butler told is the reason for his presence in the hospital?
5. What did the director do with the information Redwing gave him?
6. What does Redwing insist that Mallory drink and why?
7. When Butler wakes up in the hospital, why is he confused?
8. Why is Mallory warned to stay away from Redwing?
9. What is unusual about the puppy at Redwing's feet in the park?
10. When Butler realizes how powerful Edith is, what does he blame her for?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)