|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mallory not want to help the medium?
(a) Because of Butler.
(b) Because of Markowitz.
(c) Because of Banning.
(d) Because of Coffey.
2. Who saw the second message from the automatic writing that is considered a little crazy by the medium?
3. Who was taken from Redwing's apartment, citing her for child abuse?
(a) A mother.
(b) A young girl.
(c) A babysitter.
(d) A young boy.
4. Who does Butler want to find in the photograph on Edith's mantel?
(a) 2nd person.
(b) 3rd person.
(c) 4th person.
(d) 1st person.
5. Who does Mallory trust the most by the end of the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is waiting for a cab to go to a boat at the end of the book?
2. What had the puppy that sat at Redwing's feet been subjected to?
3. How does Mallory get a lot of her information about the case?
4. Who possesses some supernatural gift that cannot be fought with ordinary methods?
5. What does Mallory realize about the tea she drank that gives her hallucinations?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unusual about the puppy at Redwing's feet in the park?
2. What does Redwing insist that Mallory drink and why?
3. What is Redwing charged with when Mallory's associates round her up from her apartment?
4. How is Mallory's relationship with Butler different from that of other men?
5. What did the director do with the information Redwing gave him?
6. After Gaynor's death, where is the blame for the murders going?
7. Why is Riker alarmed by the change in Mallory as she pursues the investigation?
8. When Mallory realizes she has been drugged, how does she get help?
9. When Mallory goes to visit Redwing, what does she notice about Redwing's apartment?
10. Why does Mallory shed fake tears for Coffey and the DA?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)