|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who emerges as a reluctant hero/ine by the end of the novel?
2. Who had not been called to testify by design in court?
3. Of all the original suspects, who is the ONLY one that is a medium?
4. In the cryptic conversation with the mystery caller contacted by Evenroe, who was cast out of town?
(a) An old man.
(b) An old woman.
(c) A young girl.
(d) A young boy.
5. Who has amnesia and is in the hospital recovering from a near-death experience?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets shot outside Edith's apartment in the struggle with the killer?
2. Who jumps to the conclusion that Coffey has given into a conspiracy theory regarding the old women, threatening letters, and demands for money?
3. Who goes to the New York Public Library to meet with Fanny Evenroe?
4. Who visits Edith's apartment and asks if Edith has Redwing's new address and phone number?
5. Who ultimately kills Gaynor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Redwing such a serious threat according to Edith and others?
2. When Mallory goes to visit Redwing, what does she notice about Redwing's apartment?
3. How does Mallory act in the investigation that raises alarms for her tendency of being a sociopath?
4. Why is there a cop outside Margot's window?
5. What is Redwing charged with when Mallory's associates round her up from her apartment?
6. In the end, how does Mallory act by Markowitz?
7. What is Butler told is the reason for his presence in the hospital?
8. What does Mallory believe will be over when she returns from her trip?
9. When Butler wakes up in the hospital, why is he confused?
10. What does Edith want from Mallory as she packs for her trip?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)