|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mallory consider is good enough to do by the end of the novel?
(a) Do right by Max.
(b) Do right by Riker.
(c) Do right by Butler.
(d) Do right by Coffey.
2. What was Edith's scam meant to achieve for her?
(a) Give her youth.
(b) Give her fame.
(c) Give her lots of money.
(d) Give her control.
3. Who does the mystery caller contacted by Evenroe have a cryptic conversation with?
4. What skill does Butler have that enables him to quickly notice any changes in the house in Gramercy Park?
(a) His intuition.
(b) His intelligence.
(c) His photographic memory.
(d) His emotions.
5. Who is Riker's boss?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of all the original suspects, who is the ONLY one that is a medium?
2. Who does Mallory visit against everyone's warnings that has a puppy sitting next to him/her?
3. In the cryptic conversation with the mystery caller contacted by Evenroe, who was blamed for the death of the child-bearing person?
4. What had the puppy that sat at Redwing's feet been subjected to?
5. Who was taken from Redwing's apartment, citing her for child abuse?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the end, how does Mallory act by Markowitz?
2. When Butler realizes how powerful Edith is, what does he blame her for?
3. Why is Redwing such a serious threat according to Edith and others?
4. How does Butler meet Fanny Evenroe and what do they discuss?
5. When Mallory goes to visit Redwing, what does she notice about Redwing's apartment?
6. What does Redwing insist that Mallory drink and why?
7. When Mallory realizes she has been drugged, how does she get help?
8. Why is there a cop outside Margot's window?
9. What is Redwing charged with when Mallory's associates round her up from her apartment?
10. What does Edith want from Mallory as she packs for her trip?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)