|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times a week did Markowitz go dancing prior to his death?
2. Who calls Henry Cathery for a loan?
3. Who decides to put Coffey on the investigation by starting an office pool?
4. What is the name of the play at the theater?
(a) The Prelate.
(b) The Oz.
(c) The Shadow.
(d) The Wicked.
5. Who is at a family barbecue when he is called to the scene when Mallory is putting Markowitz's wedding ring back on his finger?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Margot go with the hope of getting an advance on her inheritance?
2. Who comes to the gate of the Gramercy Park entrance and is ignored by Cathery?
3. Who is the police chief that arrives to talk to Coffey about Louis Markowitz?
4. Who had Markowitz on videotape, saying that he was a natural and a wonderful dancer?
5. Where does Mallory go to the séance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Sloop unable to tell the exact time of death of Markowitz?
2. Why does a dog jump out the window in the prologue?
3. Why does the pawnbroker call Mallory?
4. When Margot cannot get into her apartment, how does she reveal her desperation in her subsequent acts?
5. How does Butler handle Mrs. Pickering request for help and her doubts about her mother's pet medium?
6. When Mallory tells Butler about the seance, what conclusions does he draw about people and information?
7. Why is Butler able to relate to Cathery?
8. Why does Margot go to the bank?
9. What does Mallory notice or fail to notice as she wanders through Manhattan on her way to meet Gaynor?
10. How was Mallory adopted by the Markowitz family?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)