|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Butler to go to Gramercy Park to pay chess with Henry Cathery?
2. Who calls Mallory and informs her that two of the suspects had alibis for some of the murders but not all of the murders?
3. What in the building make it difficult to determine the exact time of death?
4. Who is able to read Mallory and tell her personal history like a medium?
5. How is Kathleen Mallory related to Louis Markowitz?
(a) She is his sister.
(b) She is his wife.
(c) She is his cousin.
(d) She is his adopted daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to the gate of the Gramercy Park entrance and is ignored by Cathery?
2. Whose house does Mallory visit to learn more about her father's dancing?
3. Who is Butler's cleaning lady?
4. Who confronts Herbert in the elevator about owning a gun?
5. Who asks Edith to go to a seance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Butler able to relate to Cathery?
2. Why is Mallory disconcerted when she meets Edith?
3. What does Edith reveal about showmanship and fraud?
4. Why does the photographer think Siddon committed suicide?
5. What does Butler do at Markowitz' funeral that shocks everyone?
6. When Mallory tells Butler about the seance, what conclusions does he draw about people and information?
7. What is of significance to the pawnbroker about the jewelry brought in by the junkie?
8. How does Mallory act at the crime scene of her father?
9. What does one of Butler's tenants tell him about the building and other tenants?
10. When Margot cannot get into her apartment, how does she reveal her desperation in her subsequent acts?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)