|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who turns out to be very willing to discuss the murder cases with the cops surprisingly even though one of them will be the next target?
(a) Seance men.
(d) Seance ladies.
2. Who confronts Herbert in the elevator about owning a gun?
3. Who goes to Gramercy Park and lets him/herself with Mallory's stolen key?
4. Who had Markowitz on videotape, saying that he was a natural and a wonderful dancer?
(a) The police officer.
(b) The instructor.
(c) The choreographer.
(d) The priest.
5. Who did Markowitz' dance partner resemble?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who can Mallory beat to the campus if she takes the subway?
2. Who does Kaplan tell that it is not necessary to sit with the dead?
3. Who consulted a medium about stocks before her/his death?
4. Who are possible suspects of Markowitz's murder by Chapter 7?
5. Who says that the séance may be a case of mass psychosis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Edith reveal about showmanship and fraud?
2. How is Mallory described in the book?
3. Why does the photographer think Siddon committed suicide?
4. Despite what limitations does Butler like Cathery?
5. Why does Margot stab a man in the subway?
6. When Mallory tells Butler about the seance, what conclusions does he draw about people and information?
7. What are possible motives for Cathery to commit the murder?
8. Why is Margot unable to prove that she is related to Siddon?
9. What does Mallory notice or fail to notice as she wanders through Manhattan on her way to meet Gaynor?
10. What is shocking about Mallory's discovery about her father dancing?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)