|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What movie does O'Connell make references to by Alfred Hitchcock in Chapter 4?
(b) The Birds.
(c) Rear Window.
(d) Strangers on A Train.
2. How does Mallory appear at the crime scene in her demeanor?
3. Who is Siddon terrified of in New York?
(d) Business owners.
4. When the dog hears his mistress's call, what does it do when it realizes that the woman is dying?
(a) Runs in circles.
(b) Panics and jumps through a window.
(c) Pees on the carpet.
(d) Pants and barks.
5. What is the name of the play at the theater?
(a) The Shadow.
(b) The Oz.
(c) The Prelate.
(d) The Wicked.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Markowitz ultimately die of?
2. Who forces the junkie to talk about the watch and the wedding ring?
3. Where does Mallory have a house in New York after Markowitz dies?
4. Who realizes that she lost her keys and cannot get into her apartment in her stress about the inheritance?
5. Who is the owner of the building in which Mallory has a new office?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is shocking about Mallory's discovery about her father dancing?
2. Why is Butler's presence at poker important?
3. What does Butler do at Markowitz' funeral that shocks everyone?
4. Despite what limitations does Butler like Cathery?
5. How does Mallory gain access into the theater where Gaynor is?
6. What are possible motives for Cathery to commit the murder?
7. When Margot cannot get into her apartment, how does she reveal her desperation in her subsequent acts?
8. How does Mallory act at the crime scene of her father?
9. Why does Margot go to the bank?
10. Why does the photographer think Siddon committed suicide?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)