|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what school does a man look at Mallory but change direction knowing that she will not give any money to the cause?
(a) New York School of Deceit.
(b) New York School of Begging.
(c) New Haven School of Arson.
(d) New Haven School of Theft.
2. Who has decided to raise Markowitz during the séance?
3. Who was Markowitz' dance partner?
4. How old is the second victim of the Gray Lady Killer?
5. Who gives Butler background on Margot's juvenile delinquency?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mallory follow to the campus theater?
2. Who pushes Butler into becoming a partner in a new business?
3. How many times a week did Markowitz go dancing prior to his death?
4. Where does Margot go with the hope of getting an advance on her inheritance?
5. Who recounts Max's death to Mallory?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Margot unable to prove that she is related to Siddon?
2. Why is Butler able to relate to Cathery?
3. Why does Margot stab a man in the subway?
4. What does Mallory notice or fail to notice as she wanders through Manhattan on her way to meet Gaynor?
5. How is Siddon described in Chapter 4?
6. Why does Margot go to the bank?
7. What are possible motives for Cathery to commit the murder?
8. Why is Butler's presence at poker important?
9. How does Mallory gain access into the theater where Gaynor is?
10. What does one of Butler's tenants tell him about the building and other tenants?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)