|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the dog hears his mistress's call, what does it do when it realizes that the woman is dying?
(a) Pees on the carpet.
(b) Runs in circles.
(c) Panics and jumps through a window.
(d) Pants and barks.
2. From what school does a man look at Mallory but change direction knowing that she will not give any money to the cause?
(a) New York School of Deceit.
(b) New York School of Begging.
(c) New Haven School of Theft.
(d) New Haven School of Arson.
3. Who often work from predictions and observation?
(a) Fortune tellers.
4. Who is the owner of the building in which Mallory has a new office?
5. What is Mallory allowed to keep even though she is on compassionate leave?
(a) Her clothes.
(b) Her badge and gun.
(c) Her hat.
(d) Her boots.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has a rap sheet with the SEC?
2. How does Mallory appear at the crime scene in her demeanor?
3. Who does Mallory examine that is mutilated?
4. Who gives Butler background on Margot's juvenile delinquency?
5. On whose wall are there mysterious messages and automatic writing in lipstick?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Sloop unable to tell the exact time of death of Markowitz?
2. What does one of Butler's tenants tell him about the building and other tenants?
3. When Margot cannot get into her apartment, how does she reveal her desperation in her subsequent acts?
4. Despite what limitations does Butler like Cathery?
5. Why does a dog jump out the window in the prologue?
6. What are possible motives for Cathery to commit the murder?
7. Why does the pawnbroker call Mallory?
8. How does Mallory act at the crime scene of her father?
9. Why does Margot stab a man in the subway?
10. Why is Butler's presence at poker important?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)