|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes to Gramercy Park and lets him/herself with Mallory's stolen key?
2. What profile is most likely inaccurate because every case in New York is different?
3. Where does Margot go with the hope of getting an advance on her inheritance?
(a) The foundry.
(b) The mission.
(c) The alchemist.
(d) The bank.
4. When the lights in the theater go out, who barks orders at everybody?
5. If Markowitz's possessions are being pawned off, what does it reveal about him?
(a) He is poor.
(b) He is being blackmailed.
(c) He is in prison.
(d) He is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who exerted a strong influence over Mallory before her death?
2. Who is upset because Mallory asked the business accountant for information so that she could run a separate audit?
3. Who consulted a medium about stocks before her/his death?
4. Who discuss computer scans and Edith Candle's fortune?
5. Where does Samantha's heir meet Coffey and Riker?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is of significance to the pawnbroker about the jewelry brought in by the junkie?
2. What does one of Butler's tenants tell him about the building and other tenants?
3. When Mallory tells Butler about the seance, what conclusions does he draw about people and information?
4. What does Butler do at Markowitz' funeral that shocks everyone?
5. What does Mallory notice or fail to notice as she wanders through Manhattan on her way to meet Gaynor?
6. Why does Mallory run out screaming from the seance?
7. Why does a dog jump out the window in the prologue?
8. What does Edith reveal about showmanship and fraud?
9. What are possible motives for Cathery to commit the murder?
10. How is Margot described in Chapter 5?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)