|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is able to read Mallory and tell her personal history like a medium?
2. Who has a famous reputation that allows her/him entry into the seance?
3. Who is Siddon terrified of in New York?
(c) Business owners.
4. Who carried the board for Mallory to her car?
5. What is the name of the play at the theater?
(a) The Wicked.
(b) The Prelate.
(c) The Shadow.
(d) The Oz.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Butler background on Margot's juvenile delinquency?
2. Who recognizes that the watch and a wedding ring belong to Louis Markowitz?
3. How does Mallory appear at the crime scene in her demeanor?
4. Who is urinating against a wall in Manhattan that Mallory fails to notice?
5. Who is attracted to Mallory but finds it hard to say so?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the photographer think Siddon committed suicide?
2. How is Mallory described in the book?
3. How is Siddon described in Chapter 4?
4. Why is Butler upset with Mallory in her new office in his building?
5. What does Edith reveal about showmanship and fraud?
6. How was Mallory adopted by the Markowitz family?
7. When Mallory tells Butler about the seance, what conclusions does he draw about people and information?
8. Why does Margot go to the bank?
9. What does one of Butler's tenants tell him about the building and other tenants?
10. What does Mallory notice or fail to notice as she wanders through Manhattan on her way to meet Gaynor?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)