|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Markowitz ultimately die of?
(b) A heart coronary.
(c) Hay fever.
2. Who is Samantha's heir?
3. What was Markowitz's office's back wall covered in before his death?
4. How is Kathleen Mallory related to Louis Markowitz?
(a) She is his wife.
(b) She is his cousin.
(c) She is his sister.
(d) She is his adopted daughter.
5. Who gives Butler background on Margot's juvenile delinquency?
Short Answer Questions
1. What profile is most likely inaccurate because every case in New York is different?
2. How many times a week did Markowitz go dancing prior to his death?
3. Who asks Edith to go to a seance?
4. Who goes to Gramercy Park and lets him/herself with Mallory's stolen key?
5. Who is the police chief that arrives to talk to Coffey about Louis Markowitz?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is shocking about Mallory's discovery about her father dancing?
2. How is Margot described in Chapter 5?
3. What does Edith reveal about showmanship and fraud?
4. Why does a dog jump out the window in the prologue?
5. Why is Mallory disconcerted when she meets Edith?
6. Despite what limitations does Butler like Cathery?
7. What does one of Butler's tenants tell him about the building and other tenants?
8. How is Mallory described in the book?
9. Why is Butler upset with Mallory in her new office in his building?
10. Why does Margot go to the bank?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)