|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Cathery when he turned 21 and received his trust fund?
(a) The prison.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The school.
(d) The detention center.
2. Who makes a trip to the Brooklyn Dance Academy to ask about Markowitz?
3. Who often work from predictions and observation?
(c) Fortune tellers.
4. What is an example of equipment used in Maximillian's Traveling Magic Show?
(a) A French parrot.
(b) A blue blazer.
(c) A gold guillotine.
(d) A jewel-encrusted knife.
5. Who is Siddon terrified of in New York?
(b) Business owners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Butler a birthday present?
2. Who is Samantha's heir?
3. Where does Samantha's heir meet Coffey and Riker?
4. Who does Kaplan tell that it is not necessary to sit with the dead?
5. Who puts his arm around Mallory at the funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Sloop unable to tell the exact time of death of Markowitz?
2. Why is Mallory disconcerted when she meets Edith?
3. What does Butler do at Markowitz' funeral that shocks everyone?
4. What does one of Butler's tenants tell him about the building and other tenants?
5. How does Mallory gain access into the theater where Gaynor is?
6. Why does the photographer think Siddon committed suicide?
7. What does Edith reveal about showmanship and fraud?
8. How was Mallory adopted by the Markowitz family?
9. What is shocking about Mallory's discovery about her father dancing?
10. Despite what limitations does Butler like Cathery?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)