|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Edith to go to a seance?
2. Who often work from predictions and observation?
(c) Fortune tellers.
3. Who does Kaplan tell that it is not necessary to sit with the dead?
4. How does Mallory appear at the crime scene in her demeanor?
5. How many times a week did Markowitz go dancing prior to his death?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is urinating against a wall in Manhattan that Mallory fails to notice?
2. Who suffers from the after effects of an accident during which she broke a hip?
3. If Markowitz's possessions are being pawned off, what does it reveal about him?
4. Who is walking through the East Village and just happens to look up when a concrete clock falls right beside her?
5. Who pushes Butler into becoming a partner in a new business?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is of significance to the pawnbroker about the jewelry brought in by the junkie?
2. How is Mallory described in the book?
3. How do Kaplan and Mallory interact at the crime scene?
4. What does Edith reveal about showmanship and fraud?
5. How is Margot described in Chapter 5?
6. Why does the photographer think Siddon committed suicide?
7. Why does Mallory run out screaming from the seance?
8. How does Mallory act at the crime scene of her father?
9. What does Butler do at Markowitz' funeral that shocks everyone?
10. Why is Butler upset with Mallory in her new office in his building?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)