|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who recognizes that the watch and a wedding ring belong to Louis Markowitz?
(a) The young boy.
(b) The old woman.
(c) The pawnbroker.
(d) The young girl.
2. Who is Siddon terrified of in New York?
(b) Business owners.
3. Who does Mallory examine that is mutilated?
(a) The old man.
(b) The old woman.
(c) The young girl.
(d) The young boy.
4. Who suffers from the after effects of an accident during which she broke a hip?
5. Who recounts Max's death to Mallory?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to the gate of the Gramercy Park entrance and is ignored by Cathery?
2. What is Mallory allowed to keep even though she is on compassionate leave?
3. How does Mallory appear at the crime scene in her demeanor?
4. Who does Kaplan tell that it is not necessary to sit with the dead?
5. Who goes into a pawnshop with the intent of pawning off a watch and a wedding ring?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Margot unable to prove that she is related to Siddon?
2. What does Mallory notice or fail to notice as she wanders through Manhattan on her way to meet Gaynor?
3. Why is Butler upset with Mallory in her new office in his building?
4. Why does the pawnbroker call Mallory?
5. How does Butler handle Mrs. Pickering request for help and her doubts about her mother's pet medium?
6. Why is Sloop unable to tell the exact time of death of Markowitz?
7. What does Butler do at Markowitz' funeral that shocks everyone?
8. What are possible motives for Cathery to commit the murder?
9. What is of significance to the pawnbroker about the jewelry brought in by the junkie?
10. Why is Butler able to relate to Cathery?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)