|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On whose wall are there mysterious messages and automatic writing in lipstick?
2. Who demands to know what Mallory was doing in Gramercy Park?
(a) Mrs. McCoy.
(b) Mrs. Kaplan.
(c) Mrs. Ortega.
(d) Mrs. Pickering.
3. What did Louis Markowitz do for work?
(a) He was a thief.
(b) He was a pawnbroker.
(c) He was a social worker.
(d) He was a cop.
4. How many times a week did Markowitz go dancing prior to his death?
5. What area of New York City does O'Connell describe along with victims in the first two chapters?
(a) Midtown Manhattan.
(c) Gramercy Park.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Henry Cathery for a loan?
2. Who recounts Max's death to Mallory?
3. What detail about Samantha does Margot fail to know the answer to when questioned by attorneys?
4. Who is the owner of the building in which Mallory has a new office?
5. Who gives Butler background on Margot's juvenile delinquency?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is of significance to the pawnbroker about the jewelry brought in by the junkie?
2. Why does the pawnbroker call Mallory?
3. Why is Sloop unable to tell the exact time of death of Markowitz?
4. When Margot cannot get into her apartment, how does she reveal her desperation in her subsequent acts?
5. How is Mallory described in the book?
6. What does Edith reveal about showmanship and fraud?
7. Why does the photographer think Siddon committed suicide?
8. What is shocking about Mallory's discovery about her father dancing?
9. What does Butler do at Markowitz' funeral that shocks everyone?
10. How is Siddon described in Chapter 4?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)