Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What movie does O'Connell make references to by Alfred Hitchcock in Chapter 4?
(a) The Birds.
(c) Rear Window.
(d) Strangers on A Train.
2. Who is becoming delirious from a lack of food and sleep and sees her/his rapist on the subway?
3. Who discuss computer scans and Edith Candle's fortune?
(a) Kaplan and O'Connell.
(b) Ortega and Pickering.
(c) Markowitz and McCoy.
(d) Butler and Mallory.
4. Who comes to the gate of the Gramercy Park entrance and is ignored by Cathery?
5. Who turns out to be very willing to discuss the murder cases with the cops surprisingly even though one of them will be the next target?
(c) Seance ladies.
(d) Seance men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who realizes that she lost her keys and cannot get into her apartment in her stress about the inheritance?
2. Whose house does Mallory visit to play poker at night?
3. Who has a famous reputation that allows her/him entry into the seance?
4. What is Mallory allowed to keep even though she is on compassionate leave?
5. Whose house does Mallory visit to learn more about her father's dancing?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the end, how does Mallory act by Markowitz?
2. Why does the pawnbroker call Mallory?
3. Despite what limitations does Butler like Cathery?
4. When Butler goes to Edith's house, how does he determine changes that help him as clues to the investigation?
5. How is Mallory described in the book?
6. Why is Sloop unable to tell the exact time of death of Markowitz?
7. How does Butler handle Mrs. Pickering request for help and her doubts about her mother's pet medium?
8. What does Edith reveal about showmanship and fraud?
9. Why was Redwing never prosecuted prior to the Markowitz case?
10. What is Redwing charged with when Mallory's associates round her up from her apartment?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)