|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suffers from the after effects of an accident during which she broke a hip?
2. Who does Mallory follow to the campus theater?
3. Who recognizes that the watch and a wedding ring belong to Louis Markowitz?
(a) The old woman.
(b) The young girl.
(c) The pawnbroker.
(d) The young boy.
4. When the dog hears his mistress's call, what does it do when it realizes that the woman is dying?
(a) Runs in circles.
(b) Pees on the carpet.
(c) Panics and jumps through a window.
(d) Pants and barks.
5. Who can Mallory beat to the campus if she takes the subway?
Short Answer Questions
1. What movie does O'Connell make references to by Alfred Hitchcock in Chapter 4?
2. Where does Margot go with the hope of getting an advance on her inheritance?
3. Who is the second victim of the Gray Lady Killer?
4. Who calls Mallory and informs her that two of the suspects had alibis for some of the murders but not all of the murders?
5. Who discuss computer scans and Edith Candle's fortune?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are possible motives for Cathery to commit the murder?
2. Why is Butler's presence at poker important?
3. Why does Margot stab a man in the subway?
4. When Margot cannot get into her apartment, how does she reveal her desperation in her subsequent acts?
5. How does Butler handle Mrs. Pickering request for help and her doubts about her mother's pet medium?
6. Why is Butler able to relate to Cathery?
7. Despite what limitations does Butler like Cathery?
8. How is Mallory described in the book?
9. How is Margot described in Chapter 5?
10. How does Mallory act at the crime scene of her father?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)