|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is at a family barbecue when he is called to the scene when Mallory is putting Markowitz's wedding ring back on his finger?
2. Where does Margot go with the hope of getting an advance on her inheritance?
(a) The foundry.
(b) The mission.
(c) The alchemist.
(d) The bank.
3. Who comes to the gate of the Gramercy Park entrance and is ignored by Cathery?
4. Who often work from predictions and observation?
(b) Fortune tellers.
5. Who was Markowitz' dance partner?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Samantha's heir?
2. What was Whitman most afraid of before her death?
3. Who is Siddon terrified of in New York?
4. How does Mallory appear at the crime scene in her demeanor?
5. How old was Cathery when he was institutionalized?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mallory notice or fail to notice as she wanders through Manhattan on her way to meet Gaynor?
2. How do Kaplan and Mallory interact at the crime scene?
3. Despite what limitations does Butler like Cathery?
4. What does Butler do at Markowitz' funeral that shocks everyone?
5. What is of significance to the pawnbroker about the jewelry brought in by the junkie?
6. How is Margot described in Chapter 5?
7. How is Mallory described in the book?
8. Why is Butler able to relate to Cathery?
9. When Margot cannot get into her apartment, how does she reveal her desperation in her subsequent acts?
10. How does Mallory act at the crime scene of her father?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)