|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is able to read Mallory and tell her personal history like a medium?
2. What did Louis Markowitz do for work?
(a) He was a cop.
(b) He was a social worker.
(c) He was a pawnbroker.
(d) He was a thief.
3. Who is the owner of the building in which Mallory has a new office?
4. Who has a rap sheet with the SEC?
5. What movie does O'Connell make references to by Alfred Hitchcock in Chapter 4?
(b) Strangers on A Train.
(c) Rear Window.
(d) The Birds.
Short Answer Questions
1. On whose wall are there mysterious messages and automatic writing in lipstick?
2. Who says that the séance may be a case of mass psychosis?
3. What in the building make it difficult to determine the exact time of death?
4. Who is Samantha's heir?
5. Who goes to Mallory's apartment to tell her that she is on compassionate leave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mallory notice or fail to notice as she wanders through Manhattan on her way to meet Gaynor?
2. When Margot cannot get into her apartment, how does she reveal her desperation in her subsequent acts?
3. Despite what limitations does Butler like Cathery?
4. Why is Butler able to relate to Cathery?
5. What are possible motives for Cathery to commit the murder?
6. How do Kaplan and Mallory interact at the crime scene?
7. How was Mallory adopted by the Markowitz family?
8. Why does the photographer think Siddon committed suicide?
9. Why is Margot unable to prove that she is related to Siddon?
10. Why does Mallory run out screaming from the seance?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)