|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who discuss computer scans and Edith Candle's fortune?
(a) Kaplan and O'Connell.
(b) Ortega and Pickering.
(c) Butler and Mallory.
(d) Markowitz and McCoy.
2. Who asks Edith to go to a seance?
3. Who is walking through the East Village and just happens to look up when a concrete clock falls right beside her?
4. Who gives Butler a birthday present?
5. Who does Kaplan tell that it is not necessary to sit with the dead?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the police chief that arrives to talk to Coffey about Louis Markowitz?
2. What was Whitman most afraid of before her death?
3. Who puts his arm around Mallory at the funeral?
4. What is an example of equipment used in Maximillian's Traveling Magic Show?
5. On whose wall are there mysterious messages and automatic writing in lipstick?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mallory act at the crime scene of her father?
2. What is shocking about Mallory's discovery about her father dancing?
3. What does Butler do at Markowitz' funeral that shocks everyone?
4. Why is Butler able to relate to Cathery?
5. What does Mallory notice or fail to notice as she wanders through Manhattan on her way to meet Gaynor?
6. When Margot cannot get into her apartment, how does she reveal her desperation in her subsequent acts?
7. Why does the photographer think Siddon committed suicide?
8. Why is Butler upset with Mallory in her new office in his building?
9. Why is Butler's presence at poker important?
10. Why is Margot unable to prove that she is related to Siddon?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)