|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the lights in the theater go out, who barks orders at everybody?
2. Who comes to the gate of the Gramercy Park entrance and is ignored by Cathery?
3. What was Markowitz's office's back wall covered in before his death?
4. Where does Margot go with the hope of getting an advance on her inheritance?
(a) The foundry.
(b) The alchemist.
(c) The bank.
(d) The mission.
5. Who goes to Mallory's apartment to tell her that she is on compassionate leave?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Samantha's heir?
2. Whose house does Mallory visit to play poker at night?
3. What movie does O'Connell make references to by Alfred Hitchcock in Chapter 4?
4. Who demands to know what Mallory was doing in Gramercy Park?
5. Who decides to put Coffey on the investigation by starting an office pool?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mallory disconcerted when she meets Edith?
2. How was Mallory adopted by the Markowitz family?
3. Why does the pawnbroker call Mallory?
4. How is Mallory described in the book?
5. Why does Mallory run out screaming from the seance?
6. Why is Butler's presence at poker important?
7. What is of significance to the pawnbroker about the jewelry brought in by the junkie?
8. Why is Margot unable to prove that she is related to Siddon?
9. When Margot cannot get into her apartment, how does she reveal her desperation in her subsequent acts?
10. Why does the photographer think Siddon committed suicide?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)