|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shoots Mallory in the chest?
2. In the cryptic conversation with the mystery caller contacted by Evenroe, who ran away?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A couple of kids.
(c) A grocery owner.
(d) A police detective.
3. Who is Riker's boss?
4. Who reveals a strong loyalty to Mallory throughout the novel?
5. In the cryptic conversation with the mystery caller contacted by Evenroe, who was blamed for the death of the child-bearing person?
(a) The boy.
(b) The mother.
(c) The sister.
(d) The father.
6. Who is waiting for a cab to go to a boat at the end of the book?
7. Who had not been called to testify by design in court?
8. How does Mallory treat Butler in comparison to Edith?
(a) She is considerate at first to Butler but then becomes cold and friendly only to Edith.
(b) She treats them equally.
(c) She is compassionate to him and cold to her.
(d) She is cold to him and compassionate to him.
9. Who visits Mallory in the hospital after she recovers from the tea?
(a) Coffey and Butler.
(b) Jan and James.
(c) Butler and Madison.
(d) Mark and Manon.
10. Who saw the second message from the automatic writing that is considered a little crazy by the medium?
11. How old is Mallory?
12. Who is still tortured by the video of Max dancing and dreams about it?
13. Who finally tells Mallory that the reason Redwing has never been prosecuted is that one of the complainants vanished and the other died from a massive heart attack induced by fear?
14. How old is Butler?
15. What kind of illegal activity does Redwing do?
(a) Racecar driving.
(b) Betting on dogs.
(c) Insider trading.
(d) Poker bets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does not want Mallory to attend Edith's seance?
2. What does Mallory consider is good enough to do by the end of the novel?
3. Who is Mallory doing surveillance on even though she is a rookie?
4. Who gets shot outside Edith's apartment in the struggle with the killer?
5. Who did Redwing supply information to?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)