|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who keeps Mallory company in the hospital?
2. How old is Butler?
3. What does Edith have to watch over Gaynor?
(a) A knife.
(b) A whistle.
(c) A grenade.
(d) A gun.
4. Since Gaynor is dead, who will be most likely convicted of the murder and theft crimes?
5. Who possesses some supernatural gift that cannot be fought with ordinary methods?
6. Who saw the second message from the automatic writing that is considered a little crazy by the medium?
7. In the cryptic conversation with the mystery caller contacted by Evenroe, who was cast out of town?
(a) An old man.
(b) An old woman.
(c) A young boy.
(d) A young girl.
8. Who stabs a rapist in the subway?
9. Who jumps to the conclusion that Coffey has given into a conspiracy theory regarding the old women, threatening letters, and demands for money?
10. What kind of illegal activity does Redwing do?
(a) Betting on dogs.
(b) Racecar driving.
(c) Poker bets.
(d) Insider trading.
11. In the cryptic conversation with the mystery caller contacted by Evenroe, who ran away?
(a) A grocery owner.
(b) A couple of kids.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A police detective.
12. Who tells Butler about the automatic writing and how Herbert was afraid of these messages?
13. Who arrives at Edith's apartment and confronts her with the information he had pieced together at Mallory's apartment?
14. Who leaves Edith in charge of Gaynor?
15. Who will be going on a long cruise according to Mallory?
(a) Ortega and Kaplan.
(b) Coffey and Butler.
(c) Ortega and Butler.
(d) Coffey and Kaplan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was taken from Redwing's apartment, citing her for child abuse?
2. Who emerges as a reluctant hero/ine by the end of the novel?
3. Who is in Mallory's apartment that describes who the killer was and why while parts of the board jump up?
4. In the cryptic conversation with the mystery caller contacted by Evenroe, who died in childbirth?
5. Who sheds fake tears for Coffey and the District Attorney?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)