|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Edith's scam meant to achieve for her?
(a) Give her fame.
(b) Give her youth.
(c) Give her control.
(d) Give her lots of money.
2. Who stabs a rapist in the subway?
3. Who is the killer that arrives at Edith's apartment?
4. Who was taken from Redwing's apartment, citing her for child abuse?
(a) A young girl.
(b) A babysitter.
(c) A mother.
(d) A young boy.
5. Who emerges as a reluctant hero/ine by the end of the novel?
6. Who sees a cop outside her window and realizes that the bank incident is responsible for the cop's presence?
7. As Mallory gathers up items to take on the trip, who follows her around the apartment begging for help?
8. Whose obituary is in the newspaper?
9. Who shoots Mallory in the chest?
10. Why does Mallory not want to help the medium?
(a) Because of Banning.
(b) Because of Coffey.
(c) Because of Markowitz.
(d) Because of Butler.
11. Who does Mallory trust the most by the end of the novel?
12. Who will surely go to jail for a long time?
13. Who visits Mallory in the hospital after she recovers from the tea?
(a) Coffey and Butler.
(b) Butler and Madison.
(c) Jan and James.
(d) Mark and Manon.
14. Who reveals a strong loyalty to Mallory throughout the novel?
15. Of all the original suspects, who is the ONLY one that is a medium?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to visit the patient in the hospital suffering from amnesia?
2. Who does not want Mallory to attend Edith's seance?
3. Who does Butler want to find in the photograph on Edith's mantel?
4. Who is waiting for a cab to go to a boat at the end of the book?
5. In the cryptic conversation with the mystery caller contacted by Evenroe, who was blamed for the death of the child-bearing person?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)