|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who emerges as a reluctant hero/ine by the end of the novel?
2. Who acted illegally in order to gain evidence and access to the crime scene throughout the novel?
3. Who reveals a strong attraction and competition with Mallory throughout the novel?
4. Who has amnesia and is in the hospital recovering from a near-death experience?
5. Who tells Butler about the automatic writing and how Herbert was afraid of these messages?
6. How old is Mallory?
7. Who will be going on a long cruise according to Mallory?
(a) Ortega and Butler.
(b) Coffey and Kaplan.
(c) Ortega and Kaplan.
(d) Coffey and Butler.
8. Who arrives at Edith's apartment and confronts her with the information he had pieced together at Mallory's apartment?
9. Why does Mallory not want to help the medium?
(a) Because of Butler.
(b) Because of Banning.
(c) Because of Coffey.
(d) Because of Markowitz.
10. Who shoots Gaynor while being protected by a vest?
11. Who is the killer that arrives at Edith's apartment?
12. Whose obituary is in the newspaper?
13. Who saw the second message from the automatic writing that is considered a little crazy by the medium?
14. As the investigation continues, who becomes messy and less like a perfectionist surprising Riker?
15. Who does Butler blame for the death of the seance ladies?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is told that a piece of metal is lodged in his/her chest?
2. In what park are groups of dogs playing?
3. Who does Mallory trust the most by the end of the novel?
4. How does Mallory get a lot of her information about the case?
5. Who is still tortured by the video of Max dancing and dreams about it?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)