|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reveals a strong loyalty to Mallory throughout the novel?
2. Who feels guilty about having foresight and asks Butler if destiny is writ?
3. In the cryptic conversation with the mystery caller contacted by Evenroe, who ran away?
(a) A couple of kids.
(b) A police detective.
(c) A grocery owner.
(d) A lawyer.
4. Who visits Mallory in the hospital after she recovers from the tea?
(a) Coffey and Butler.
(b) Butler and Madison.
(c) Mark and Manon.
(d) Jan and James.
5. Who was the only one to receive a letter?
6. Who panhandles and calls Henry for money?
7. Who gets off the hook from going to court?
8. Who comes to visit the patient in the hospital suffering from amnesia?
9. Of all the original suspects, who is the ONLY one that receives punishment legally?
10. Who does Mallory visit against everyone's warnings that has a puppy sitting next to him/her?
11. What had the puppy that sat at Redwing's feet been subjected to?
(a) Heavy petting.
(b) Cold weather.
12. Who gets shot in Edith's apartment in the struggle with the killer?
13. Who does not want Mallory to attend Edith's seance?
14. Who/what does Evenroe have ties to?
(b) The NYPD.
(c) The Supreme Court.
15. Who acted illegally in order to gain evidence and access to the crime scene throughout the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mallory go in search of after Gaynor is shot?
2. Who arrives at Edith's apartment and confronts her with the information he had pieced together at Mallory's apartment?
3. Who will be going on a long cruise according to Mallory?
4. Who returns to Mallory's house to retrieve a duffel bag full of Mallory's belongings?
5. What was Edith's scam meant to achieve for her?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)