|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has amnesia and is in the hospital recovering from a near-death experience?
2. Who had not been called to testify by design in court?
3. Who feels guilty about having foresight and asks Butler if destiny is writ?
4. Who does Butler blame for the death of the seance ladies?
5. Who is told that a piece of metal is lodged in his/her chest?
6. Who was unable to give Riker's boss the training he/she needed?
7. Who is Mallory doing surveillance on even though she is a rookie?
8. In the cryptic conversation with the mystery caller contacted by Evenroe, who was cast out of town?
(a) An old man.
(b) An old woman.
(c) A young boy.
(d) A young girl.
9. Who emerges as a reluctant hero/ine by the end of the novel?
10. Who does not want Mallory to attend Edith's seance?
11. From what inside her tea cup, will Mallory learn about her future according to the dangerous person she visits that has a puppy sitting next to him/her?
(a) The drugs.
(b) The leaves.
(c) The dregs.
(d) The fluid.
12. Who saw the second message from the automatic writing that is considered a little crazy by the medium?
13. Who is the killer that arrives at Edith's apartment?
14. Who keeps Mallory company in the hospital?
15. Who visits Edith's apartment and asks if Edith has Redwing's new address and phone number?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is waiting for a cab to go to a boat at the end of the book?
2. What had the puppy that sat at Redwing's feet been subjected to?
3. What skill does Butler have that enables him to quickly notice any changes in the house in Gramercy Park?
4. Who tells Butler about the automatic writing and how Herbert was afraid of these messages?
5. Who goes to the New York Public Library to meet with Fanny Evenroe?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)