|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mallory visit against everyone's warnings that has a puppy sitting next to him/her?
2. How does Mallory treat Butler in comparison to Edith?
(a) She is compassionate to him and cold to her.
(b) She treats them equally.
(c) She is cold to him and compassionate to him.
(d) She is considerate at first to Butler but then becomes cold and friendly only to Edith.
3. In the cryptic conversation with the mystery caller contacted by Evenroe, who ran away?
(a) A grocery owner.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A police detective.
(d) A couple of kids.
4. Who saw the second message from the automatic writing that is considered a little crazy by the medium?
5. Who does Butler blame for the death of the seance ladies?
6. Who was the only one to receive a letter?
7. What does Mallory consider is good enough to do by the end of the novel?
(a) Do right by Butler.
(b) Do right by Max.
(c) Do right by Coffey.
(d) Do right by Riker.
8. Who is in Mallory's apartment that describes who the killer was and why while parts of the board jump up?
9. Who shoots Mallory in the chest?
10. Who acted illegally in order to gain evidence and access to the crime scene throughout the novel?
11. From what inside her tea cup, will Mallory learn about her future according to the dangerous person she visits that has a puppy sitting next to him/her?
(a) The drugs.
(b) The dregs.
(c) The fluid.
(d) The leaves.
12. Who has amnesia and is in the hospital recovering from a near-death experience?
13. What does Mallory realize about the tea she drank that gives her hallucinations?
(a) It is drugged.
(b) It is bitter.
(c) It is euphoric.
(d) It is tasty.
14. Who shoots Gaynor while being protected by a vest?
15. What kind of puppy sits at Redwing's feet?
(b) Australian shepherd.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets off the hook from going to court?
2. What kind of illegal activity does Redwing do?
3. To whom does Mallory finally say goodbye on the street?
4. Who gets shot in Edith's apartment in the struggle with the killer?
5. Who finally tells Mallory that the reason Redwing has never been prosecuted is that one of the complainants vanished and the other died from a massive heart attack induced by fear?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)