|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits Edith's apartment and asks if Edith has Redwing's new address and phone number?
2. Who does not have a spectacular send off after death?
3. In the cryptic conversation with the mystery caller contacted by Evenroe, who was cast out of town?
(a) An old woman.
(b) A young boy.
(c) An old man.
(d) A young girl.
4. How old is Butler?
5. What kind of puppy sits at Redwing's feet?
(d) Australian shepherd.
6. Why does Mallory not want to help the medium?
(a) Because of Banning.
(b) Because of Butler.
(c) Because of Markowitz.
(d) Because of Coffey.
7. What had the puppy that sat at Redwing's feet been subjected to?
(b) Heavy petting.
(c) Cold weather.
8. Who panhandles and calls Henry for money?
9. What does Mallory consider is good enough to do by the end of the novel?
(a) Do right by Max.
(b) Do right by Riker.
(c) Do right by Coffey.
(d) Do right by Butler.
10. Who ultimately kills Gaynor?
11. Who leaves Edith in charge of Gaynor?
12. Who is in Mallory's apartment that describes who the killer was and why while parts of the board jump up?
13. Who tells Butler about the automatic writing and how Herbert was afraid of these messages?
14. Whose house does Butler visit for lunch and reminisce about Gramercy Park?
15. Who will be going on a long cruise according to Mallory?
(a) Coffey and Kaplan.
(b) Ortega and Kaplan.
(c) Coffey and Butler.
(d) Ortega and Butler.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who steals the information from Edith's Rolodex about Redwing's address?
2. Who gets off the hook from going to court?
3. What will be mostly done by the time Mallory returns from her trip?
4. Who possesses some supernatural gift that cannot be fought with ordinary methods?
5. How does Mallory get a lot of her information about the case?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)