|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mallory treat Butler in comparison to Edith?
(a) She treats them equally.
(b) She is considerate at first to Butler but then becomes cold and friendly only to Edith.
(c) She is compassionate to him and cold to her.
(d) She is cold to him and compassionate to him.
2. In the cryptic conversation with the mystery caller contacted by Evenroe, who died in childbirth?
(b) An heiress.
(c) A young girl.
3. Who has figured out that Mallory is the Paladin?
4. As the investigation continues, who becomes messy and less like a perfectionist surprising Riker?
5. Who will be going on a long cruise according to Mallory?
(a) Ortega and Butler.
(b) Ortega and Kaplan.
(c) Coffey and Kaplan.
(d) Coffey and Butler.
6. Who tries to chase the suspect at the park after the dog violence, leaving Riker behind?
7. Who ultimately kills Gaynor?
8. What does Mallory realize about the tea she drank that gives her hallucinations?
(a) It is euphoric.
(b) It is tasty.
(c) It is bitter.
(d) It is drugged.
9. Of all the original suspects, who is the ONLY one that is a rapist?
10. Who reveals a strong loyalty to Mallory throughout the novel?
11. Who does Mallory go in search of after Gaynor is shot?
12. Who visits Edith's apartment and asks if Edith has Redwing's new address and phone number?
13. Who comes to visit the patient in the hospital suffering from amnesia?
14. Whose house does Butler visit for lunch and reminisce about Gramercy Park?
15. Who is in Mallory's apartment that describes who the killer was and why while parts of the board jump up?
Short Answer Questions
1. What had the puppy that sat at Redwing's feet been subjected to?
2. What does Mallory consider is good enough to do by the end of the novel?
3. From what inside her tea cup, will Mallory learn about her future according to the dangerous person she visits that has a puppy sitting next to him/her?
4. Who sheds fake tears for Coffey and the District Attorney?
5. Who/what does Evenroe have ties to?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)