|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who emerges as a reluctant hero/ine by the end of the novel?
2. To whom does Mallory finally say goodbye on the street?
3. Whose photos does Butler notice are missing in the house in Gramercy Park?
4. What had the puppy that sat at Redwing's feet been subjected to?
(b) Heavy petting.
(c) Cold weather.
5. Who does Mallory visit against everyone's warnings that has a puppy sitting next to him/her?
6. Who is waiting for a cab to go to a boat at the end of the book?
7. What skill does Butler have that enables him to quickly notice any changes in the house in Gramercy Park?
(a) His emotions.
(b) His intelligence.
(c) His intuition.
(d) His photographic memory.
8. Who is the killer that arrives at Edith's apartment?
9. Who panhandles and calls Henry for money?
10. Who keeps Mallory company in the hospital?
11. Of all the original suspects, who is the ONLY one that receives punishment legally?
12. Who does not have a spectacular send off after death?
13. Who goes to the New York Public Library to meet with Fanny Evenroe?
14. Who does the mystery caller contacted by Evenroe have a cryptic conversation with?
15. Who/what does Evenroe have ties to?
(a) The Supreme Court.
(b) The NYPD.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who knows Redwing's new location but will not tell Mallory?
2. Of all the original suspects, who is the ONLY one that Mallory inadvertently trusted?
3. Whose house does Butler visit for lunch and reminisce about Gramercy Park?
4. What kind of dog suddenly turns on its owner and attacks the owner's child, showing the first sign of violence ever in its life?
5. As Mallory gathers up items to take on the trip, who follows her around the apartment begging for help?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)