|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that the séance may be a case of mass psychosis?
2. How is Kathleen Mallory related to Louis Markowitz?
(a) She is his sister.
(b) She is his cousin.
(c) She is his adopted daughter.
(d) She is his wife.
3. Who consulted a medium about stocks before her/his death?
4. Where does Margot go with the hope of getting an advance on her inheritance?
(a) The mission.
(b) The alchemist.
(c) The foundry.
(d) The bank.
5. Who demands to know what Mallory was doing in Gramercy Park?
(a) Mrs. Pickering.
(b) Mrs. McCoy.
(c) Mrs. Kaplan.
(d) Mrs. Ortega.
6. How does Mallory appear at the crime scene in her demeanor?
7. Who calls Henry Cathery for a loan?
8. From what school does a man look at Mallory but change direction knowing that she will not give any money to the cause?
(a) New York School of Begging.
(b) New Haven School of Theft.
(c) New York School of Deceit.
(d) New Haven School of Arson.
9. What detail about Samantha does Margot fail to know the answer to when questioned by attorneys?
(a) Her favorite color.
(b) Her middle name.
(c) Her age.
(d) Her address.
10. Where does Mallory go to the séance?
(a) Ortega's place.
(b) Redwing's place.
(c) Margot's place.
(d) Helen's place.
11. Who discuss computer scans and Edith Candle's fortune?
(a) Ortega and Pickering.
(b) Butler and Mallory.
(c) Kaplan and O'Connell.
(d) Markowitz and McCoy.
12. Who pushes Butler into becoming a partner in a new business?
13. What is an example of equipment used in Maximillian's Traveling Magic Show?
(a) A blue blazer.
(b) A gold guillotine.
(c) A jewel-encrusted knife.
(d) A French parrot.
14. What is the name of the play at the theater?
(a) The Wicked.
(b) The Prelate.
(c) The Oz.
(d) The Shadow.
15. Who is urinating against a wall in Manhattan that Mallory fails to notice?
(a) A man.
(b) A woman.
(c) A boy.
(d) A girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. If Markowitz's possessions are being pawned off, what does it reveal about him?
2. Who confronts Herbert in the elevator about owning a gun?
3. Who suffers from the after effects of an accident during which she broke a hip?
4. How many times a week did Markowitz go dancing prior to his death?
5. What does Kaplan do for a living?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)