|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the dog hears his mistress's call, what does it do when it realizes that the woman is dying?
(a) Runs in circles.
(b) Panics and jumps through a window.
(c) Pees on the carpet.
(d) Pants and barks.
2. Who confronts Herbert in the elevator about owning a gun?
3. What movie does O'Connell make references to by Alfred Hitchcock in Chapter 4?
(a) Rear Window.
(c) Strangers on A Train.
(d) The Birds.
4. Who was Markowitz' dance partner?
5. How old is the second victim of the Gray Lady Killer?
6. Who does Mallory follow to the campus theater?
7. When the lights in the theater go out, who barks orders at everybody?
8. Who is Butler's cleaning lady?
9. Who carried the board for Mallory to her car?
10. What is Mallory allowed to keep even though she is on compassionate leave?
(a) Her clothes.
(b) Her badge and gun.
(c) Her boots.
(d) Her hat.
11. Who realizes that she lost her keys and cannot get into her apartment in her stress about the inheritance?
12. Who exerted a strong influence over Mallory before her death?
13. Who knows Mallory has taken the murder board?
14. Who goes to Gramercy Park and lets him/herself with Mallory's stolen key?
15. Who passes out in the theater drunk?
(a) The lead actor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Whitman most afraid of before her death?
2. Who is the owner of the building in which Mallory has a new office?
3. What detail about Samantha does Margot fail to know the answer to when questioned by attorneys?
4. Who comes to the gate of the Gramercy Park entrance and is ignored by Cathery?
5. Who calls Henry Cathery for a loan?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)