|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What area of New York City does O'Connell describe along with victims in the first two chapters?
(a) Midtown Manhattan.
(b) Gramercy Park.
2. Who often work from predictions and observation?
(c) Fortune tellers.
3. Who comes to the gate of the Gramercy Park entrance and is ignored by Cathery?
4. Who is Siddon terrified of in New York?
(c) Business owners.
5. Who has decided to raise Markowitz during the séance?
6. Who is urinating against a wall in Manhattan that Mallory fails to notice?
(a) A girl.
(b) A woman.
(c) A boy.
(d) A man.
7. What does Kaplan do for a living?
(a) He is a rabbi.
(b) He is a doctor.
(c) He is a cop.
(d) He is a writer.
8. Who consulted a medium about stocks before her/his death?
9. What in the building make it difficult to determine the exact time of death?
10. Who does Mallory examine that is mutilated?
(a) The old woman.
(b) The young girl.
(c) The old man.
(d) The young boy.
11. Who asks Edith to go to a seance?
12. Who calls Henry Cathery for a loan?
13. Who realizes that she lost her keys and cannot get into her apartment in her stress about the inheritance?
14. On whose wall are there mysterious messages and automatic writing in lipstick?
15. Who recounts Max's death to Mallory?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who confronts Herbert in the elevator about owning a gun?
2. What is Mallory allowed to keep even though she is on compassionate leave?
3. Who forces the junkie to talk about the watch and the wedding ring?
4. Whose house does Mallory visit to learn more about her father's dancing?
5. What was Markowitz's office's back wall covered in before his death?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)