Short Answer Key
Prologue, Chapters 1-3
1. When the dog hears his mistress's call, what does it do when it realizes that the woman is dying?
Panics and jumps through a window.
2. Who goes into a pawnshop with the intent of pawning off a watch and a wedding ring?
A young boy.
3. Who recognizes that the watch and a wedding ring belong to Louis Markowitz?
4. What did Louis Markowitz do for work?
He was a cop.
5. How is Kathleen Mallory related to Louis Markowitz?
She is his adopted daughter.
6. Who forces the junkie to talk about the watch and the wedding ring?
7. If Markowitz's possessions are being pawned off, what does it reveal about him?
He is dead.
8. Who is the police chief that arrives to talk to Coffey about Louis Markowitz?
9. Who is the second victim of the...
This section contains 2,285 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)