|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the boy try to abandon Naga?
2. What does Raman buy to try to win affection from the lost child?
3. For how long each day does Ayah take care of Radha?
4. What is Sidda accused of stealing?
5. What is Sambu's mother's actual medical condition?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Narayan's treatment of death and dying through the experiences of at least 3 characters from "Malgudi Days."
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the titles of at least 4 vignettes and discuss how each title fits into the larger title of the novel.
Essay Topic 3
In a well-written essay, discuss three benefits AND three challenges of constructing a novel entirely of vignettes. Make sure to use examples from "Malgudi Days" to support your thesis.
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)