|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the landlord use as a burglar alarm?
2. Where is the town fair located that Raman visits?
3. What is Rao still able to do?
4. What medical condition is it first believed that Sambu's mother has?
5. Why was Rao forced to retire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Narayan leave some stories finished and others unresolved? What is Narayan trying to convey through these contrasting conclusions? Make sure to use specific examples from the text in your essay.
Essay Topic 2
Choose at least 3 female characters from "Malgudi Days." What do these characters have in common? What is different between them? What commentary is Narayan providing about women and society through these women's stories?
Essay Topic 3
In a well-written essay, discuss three benefits AND three challenges of constructing a novel entirely of vignettes. Make sure to use examples from "Malgudi Days" to support your thesis.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)