|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sidda accused of stealing?
2. What was the hippie in his younger years?
3. Why does Ranga stop working for the blacksmith?
4. What medical condition is it first believed that Sambu's mother has?
5. Near what landmark does Ramu fall asleep after a fight with his mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Narayan leave some stories finished and others unresolved? What is Narayan trying to convey through these contrasting conclusions? Make sure to use specific examples from the text in your essay.
Essay Topic 2
In a well-written essay, 1) discuss what message you think Narayan is trying to convey to his reader about fate, 2) at least 2 literary devices Narayan uses to support this position, and 3) whether or not you agree with Narayan's take on fate.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the titles of at least 4 vignettes and discuss how each title fits into the larger title of the novel.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)