|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What god does the cobbler think might be testing him through the hippie?
2. How does Selvi hear of her mother's death?
3. What does Raman buy to try to win affection from the lost child?
4. What medical condition is it first believed that Sambu's mother has?
5. What is Rao still able to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In a well-written essay, discuss three benefits AND three challenges of constructing a novel entirely of vignettes. Make sure to use examples from "Malgudi Days" to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one short story from "Malgudi Days" and analyze at least 3 literary devices Narayan uses to create the tone for the story. Make sure to use specific examples from the text to support your paper.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the talkative man in one story that describes his character and life as a youth with how the talkative man is represented in another story about his character and life as an adult.
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)