Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Rama Rao win from the contest each week?
2. What animal enters the room while the talkative man is playing music (after he has banned the sadhu from entering)?
3. From whom does the dog initially defend the blind man?
4. How does the talkative man reach the village with the tiger?
5. How long does it take Gopal to become ill?
Short Essay Questions
1. What vision does Ramu's mother have of him after they fight?
2. What does Ayah have to leave the children and family in her care?
3. Why is Rao so frustrated when he gets home after Shanta is sleeping?
4. Why does Raman think Daisy may have left him?
5. What kind of camp is Ranga taken to?
6. Why does Dr. Raman always tell the truth to patients, no matter how hard it may be for them to hear?
7. Why must Sambu meet with the tufted-beard man even though he doesn't want to?
8. How does the astrologer know so much about Guru Nayak when he comes to have his horoscope read?
9. What kind of building does the landlord run?
10. Why does Raju pick the man in the green blazer to target?
Essay Topic 1
Choose at least 3 characters from the short stories in "Malgudi Days" and discuss 1) their relationship(s) with religion, god(s), and/or other religious figures and 2) what message Narayan is trying to convey through these characters' experiences.
Essay Topic 2
In a well-written essay, discuss three benefits AND three challenges of constructing a novel entirely of vignettes. Make sure to use examples from "Malgudi Days" to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the interactions of at least 3 characters with animals and/or nature, making sure to use specific quotations from the text in your paper.
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)