|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Forty-Five a Month, Out of Business.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What man comes to see the astrologer as he is just about to close down for the night?
(a) Guru Nayak.
(b) A random man whose name we never learn.
(c) The astrologer's father.
(d) The king.
2. What kind of clothing does the astrologer wear when he is first introduced in the novel?
(a) Just a towel, since he just got out of the shower.
(c) A dress.
(d) Bright colors.
3. From whom does the blind man get the rope that he uses on the dog?
(a) A family member.
(b) The dog himself.
(c) A fellow merchant.
(d) The old woman.
4. What is a sadhu?
(a) A scribe.
(b) A fortune teller.
(c) A religious hermit.
(d) A traveling doctor.
5. What kinds of comments does the newcomer on the train have for his fellow passengers?
(a) Rude and nasty.
(b) Confusing and weird.
(c) Wise and insightful.
(d) Friendly and helpful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Rajam Iyer's train headed?
2. What does Soma offer to do to placate the god in lieu of damaging his beloved statue?
3. How does the blind man initially befriend the dog?
4. What piece of mail does Thanappa hide?
5. What does Govind Singh do in his free time in retirement?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)