|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Forty-Five a Month, Out of Business.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of contest does Rama Rao end up entering each week?
(a) A spelling bee.
(b) A crossword puzzle contest.
(c) A fashion show.
(d) A lottery.
2. How old is Kamakshi when the reader first meets her?
(a) 6 months.
3. What kind of clothing does the astrologer wear when he is first introduced in the novel?
(a) A dress.
(c) Just a towel, since he just got out of the shower.
(d) Bright colors.
4. What goals does the talkative man have for himself and his music?
(a) To become rich and famous.
(b) To get his vision back.
(c) Just to play at the village temple.
(d) To play with Yo Yo Ma one day.
5. What is Dr. Raman known for?
(a) For overbilling people.
(b) For the figurines he has in his office.
(c) For being direct with his patients.
(d) For helping the poor, even if they can't pay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What skill does Iyer lie to the newcomer on the train about having?
2. Where is Rajam Iyer's train headed?
3. Where does Iswaren go to see a movie?
4. What does the swami want the talkative man to do to him with his engine?
5. Where does the talkative man first try to keep his engine?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)