|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Forty-Five a Month, Out of Business.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the family react to Thanappa's hiding of the mail?
(a) They run him out of town.
(b) They report him to the authorities.
(c) They beat him.
(d) They forgive him.
2. What does the talkative man sell for a living?
3. From whom does the blind man get the rope that he uses on the dog?
(a) The dog himself.
(b) A family member.
(c) A fellow merchant.
(d) The old woman.
4. What does Iswaren's family think about his passing the exam?
(a) That he will pass it with no problems.
(b) That it doesn't matter because they bribed the test proctor to pass him anyway.
(c) That he will never pass it.
(d) They don't know that he is trying to take it.
5. Why does Shanta's teacher let her go home early?
(a) She has a note from her mother.
(b) She doesn't; Shanta just slips out.
(c) Because her father still hasn't paid her tuition bill.
(d) She can tell she is agitated.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the talkative man acquire his engine?
2. What is Soma's regular job?
3. What does Shanta plan to wear to the movies?
4. What goals does the talkative man's music teacher have for himself and his music?
5. What animal enters the room while the talkative man is playing music (after he has banned the sadhu from entering)?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)