|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Forty-Five a Month, Out of Business.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has the physical advantage between Iyer and the newcomer on the train?
(a) The newcomer.
(c) They are about even.
(d) This is a trick question because we never learn about their physical appearance or size.
2. What is Dr. Raman known for?
(a) For the figurines he has in his office.
(b) For being direct with his patients.
(c) For overbilling people.
(d) For helping the poor, even if they can't pay.
3. Why does Govind Singh retire?
(a) Because his hearing and vision are both declining.
(b) Because his hearing is declining.
(c) Because his vision is declining.
(d) None of these answers is correct.
4. What day does Swami not want to go to school on?
5. Where does the talkative man acquire his engine?
(a) On the internet.
(b) In a nearby town.
(c) At the town fair.
(d) At the local store.
Short Answer Questions
1. After he retires, what does Govind Singh receive each month from his employer?
2. What kind of clothing does the astrologer wear when he is first introduced in the novel?
3. What does the talkative man lecture the villagers on?
4. What is the tiger known for?
5. How many stories are in "Malgudi Days"?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)