|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Forty-Five a Month, Out of Business.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Govind Singh do in his free time in retirement?
(a) Make small models out of clay and sawdust.
(c) Learn French.
(d) Travel the word.
2. Who is Ramanujan?
(a) Kamakshi's priest.
(b) Kamakshi's brother.
(c) Kamakshi's father.
(d) Kamakshi's husband.
3. What action of Govind Singh's attracts a police officer's attention?
(a) He is out with a lot of women one night.
(b) He throws a rock at a street light.
(c) He is dressed very, very oddly.
(d) He is running through the streets, screaming.
4. Who has the physical advantage between Iyer and the newcomer on the train?
(a) This is a trick question because we never learn about their physical appearance or size.
(c) They are about even.
(d) The newcomer.
5. What musical instrument did the talkative man play in his youth?
(a) The piano.
(b) The guitar.
(c) The flute.
(d) The lyre.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the talkative man acquire his engine?
2. How many stories are in "Malgudi Days"?
3. Why does Rama Rao and his family have to move out of their home?
4. Where does the talkative man first try to keep his engine?
5. How long has Thanapa been a mailman when he is first introduced in the text?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)