|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Forty-Five a Month, Out of Business.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Rama Rao win from the contest each week?
(b) 50 pounds.
(c) 5 dollars.
(d) 100 rupees.
2. Why does Govind Singh retire?
(a) Because his hearing is declining.
(b) Because his hearing and vision are both declining.
(c) Because his vision is declining.
(d) None of these answers is correct.
3. How long has Thanapa been a mailman when he is first introduced in the text?
(a) This is a trick question; he is not a mailman.
(b) Not long at all.
(c) A very long time.
(d) This is a trick question; he is actually a butcher.
4. How does the talkative man reach the village with the tiger?
(a) By foot.
(b) By horseback.
(c) By river taxi.
(d) By train.
5. What does Swami's father write a letter complaining about?
(a) How expensive tuition is for such a bad school.
(b) The lack of supervision on the playground.
(c) Swami's reportedly abusive teacher.
(d) The horrible bus driver
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Soma that he must damage his statue?
2. What musical instrument did the talkative man play in his youth?
3. Who is the author of "Malgudi Days"?
4. How does Dr. Raman feel about nature?
5. From whom does the dog initially defend the blind man?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)