|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Forty-Five a Month, Out of Business.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old man end up using to leash the dog by the end of the story?
(a) A metal chain.
(b) He never gets to leash the dog again because it runs away.
(c) A leash made of horse hair.
(d) A leather leash.
2. What does the talkative man sell for a living?
3. What does Soma offer to do to placate the god in lieu of damaging his beloved statue?
(b) Cut off his hands.
(c) Sacrifice his first-born son.
(d) Drown himself in a nearby river.
4. How does Dr. Raman feel about nature?
(a) This is a trick question; Dr. Raman never talks about nature.
(b) That he can control it.
(c) That the idea of nature is pure silliness.
(d) That it will take its course one way or the other.
5. How long does it take Gopal to become ill?
(a) He doesn't get ill.
(b) A very long time.
(c) It takes him several weeks.
(d) Not very long at all; he gets sick quite suddenly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iswaren's family think about his passing the exam?
2. From whom does the dog initially defend the blind man?
3. What test taker number is Iswaren?
4. What happens to Soma's house after he shows people the statue?
5. What does the sadhu first request of the talkative man?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)