|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Forty-Five a Month, Out of Business.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What piece of mail does Thanappa hide?
(a) A letter about a sick uncle.
(b) A note from the hospital.
(c) A video from an old boyfriend.
(d) A bill from the government.
2. What exam does Iswaren have a problem passing?
(a) The college entrance exam (SAT).
(b) The physical exam.
(c) The Intermediate level exam.
(d) The French language exam.
3. Who has the physical advantage between Iyer and the newcomer on the train?
(a) They are about even.
(c) This is a trick question because we never learn about their physical appearance or size.
(d) The newcomer.
4. After he retires, what does Govind Singh receive each month from his employer?
(a) A box of stationery.
(b) A bushel of apples.
(c) A small pension.
(d) A bus pass.
5. How does the talkative man reach the village with the tiger?
(a) By river taxi.
(b) By horseback.
(c) By train.
(d) By foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the talkative man acquire his engine?
2. What damage does the falling tree do to Soma's beloved statue?
3. What is the name of the teacher Swami complains about?
4. What man comes to see the astrologer as he is just about to close down for the night?
5. What does Gopal want to do if he is expected to die?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)