|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Forty-Five a Month, Out of Business.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ramanujan?
(a) Kamakshi's brother.
(b) Kamakshi's priest.
(c) Kamakshi's husband.
(d) Kamakshi's father.
2. What goals does the talkative man's music teacher have for himself and his music?
(a) To get his vision back.
(b) Just to play at the village temple.
(c) To play with Yo Yo Ma one day.
(d) To become rich and famous.
3. What kind of clothing does the astrologer wear when he is first introduced in the novel?
(a) Bright colors.
(b) Just a towel, since he just got out of the shower.
(c) A dress.
4. Who does the newcomer on the train force to move?
(a) An old woman.
(b) A sleeping man.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A crying baby.
5. Where is Rajam Iyer's train headed?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the blind man initially befriend the dog?
2. What day does Swami not want to go to school on?
3. What man comes to see the astrologer as he is just about to close down for the night?
4. How does Narayan describe the train when Iyer gets on it?
5. Whose death causes the blind man to put a rope on the dog?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)