|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Edge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Velan leave his birthplace?
(a) He is running from the law.
(b) The woman he loves lives somewhere else.
(c) He is kicked out.
(d) He has a fight with his father.
2. What does Swami's father write a letter complaining about?
(a) How expensive tuition is for such a bad school.
(b) Swami's reportedly abusive teacher.
(c) The horrible bus driver
(d) The lack of supervision on the playground.
3. Where does the talkative man first try to keep his engine?
(a) Way out in the country where no one can find it.
(b) In city hall.
(c) On the town fairgrounds.
(d) At the town library.
4. From whom does the blind man get the rope that he uses on the dog?
(a) A family member.
(b) The old woman.
(c) The dog himself.
(d) A fellow merchant.
5. How long does it take for things to settle down before Rama can try to reopen his business?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 10 weeks.
(c) 10 months.
(d) 10 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Rama spend each day in supplies?
2. How many times has Iswaren failed his exam?
3. Where is Rajam Iyer's train headed?
4. How does the talkative man acquire his engine?
5. Who is Naga?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)