|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book V, Stanza 2, what are the balls the beetle is rolling made of?
2. In Book IV, Stanza 5, why does Maldoror say he once scalped a man?
(a) As a message to God.
(b) For fun.
(c) As a joke.
(d) For revenge.
3. In Book IV, Stanza 4, how does Maldoror react to the crab he finds living in him?
(a) He says it hurts.
(b) He says it isn't surprising.
(c) He says it is the funniest thing he's found.
(d) He says it's a lie.
4. In Book V, Stanza 6, what message is given about the child?
(a) He will be missed.
(b) He will return for a second life.
(c) He is still alive in heaven.
(d) He will grow as a tree.
5. What pleased Maldoror in his dream in Book IV, Stanza 6?
(a) Leaving the human race.
(b) His ability to defy God.
(c) Being able to fly.
(d) The money he found.
6. Why does Maldoror say he has tried to erase the memory of his dream from Book IV, Stanza 6?
(a) Because it was too evil, even for him.
(b) Because it revealed the truth.
(c) Because he was upset when he woke up.
(d) Because it confused him.
7. Why does Maldoror say he threw Falmer against a tree?
(a) Because Falmer was the preacher's son.
(b) Because Falmer gave him a Bible.
(c) Because Falmer threatened him.
(d) Because Falmer stopped him from killing.
8. In Book IV, Stanza 4, what does Maldoror say did not kill him?
(a) Old age.
(b) Being stabbed.
9. Where is Mervyn walking in Book IV, Stanza 3?
(a) To the store.
(b) To school.
(c) To his house.
(d) To the river.
10. Who gives the child's funeral service in Book V, Stanza 6?
(a) A reverend.
(b) A minister.
(c) A rabbi.
(d) A priest.
11. Why does Maldoror believe the man stole his eyes from a woman?
(a) To appear beautiful.
(b) To be nicer to women.
(c) To get his vision back.
(d) To avoid becoming a man.
12. Why does Maldoror say he is most interested in young boys?
(a) Because they are easier to manipulate.
(b) Because they are more fun.
(c) Because he fears women.
(d) Because he has more in common with them.
13. In Book VI, Stanza 2, why does Maldoror want to leave humanity?
(a) Because he hates people.
(b) Because he is tired of civilization.
(c) Because he is bored.
(d) Because he loves nature.
14. In Book V, Stanza 4, what is the spirit's identity?
15. In Book IV, Stanza 5, how did the man with the stolen eyes leave prison?
(a) The judge drove him home.
(b) He had to leave on foot.
(c) He escaped.
(d) He had a cab pick him up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator tell the vulture to do in Book V, Stanza 2?
2. When the narrator thinks about martyrs in Book V, Stanza 3, what does he want to do?
3. In Book IV, Stanza 4, who does Maldoror say should not be convinced to worship God?
4. What does Mervyn do when he reaches home in Book IV, Stanza 3?
5. In Book V, Stanza 6, how do the child's family members define Maldoror?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)