|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maldoror say he has tried to erase the memory of his dream from Book IV, Stanza 6?
(a) Because he was upset when he woke up.
(b) Because it was too evil, even for him.
(c) Because it confused him.
(d) Because it revealed the truth.
2. In Book IV, Stanza 3, what does the man in the gallows wife want from his mother?
(a) Her freedom.
(b) A reward.
(d) To be left alone.
3. In Book IV, Stanza 2, why does Maldoror want to live among humans?
(a) To torture them.
(b) To observe them.
(c) Because he is tied to society.
(d) Because he loves people.
4. What is revealed about the beetles balls once he rolls them up the mound?
(a) They are actually made of humans.
(b) They will be used as weapons.
(c) They are imaginary.
(d) They are actually his hopes and dreams.
5. Who gives the child's funeral service in Book V, Stanza 6?
(a) A minister.
(b) A reverend.
(c) A rabbi.
(d) A priest.
6. What does the narrator tell the reader to always do while laughing?
(a) Laugh at people.
7. Why does the man with webbed feet swim toward Maldoror?
(a) He wanted to scare Maldoror.
(b) He didn't see Maldoror near the shore.
(c) He wanted to warn Maldoror.
(d) Maldoror called him.
8. In Book V, Stanza 4, what is the spirit trying to do to the narrator's soul?
(a) Save it.
(b) Learn about it.
(c) Deaden it.
(d) Capture it.
9. Why does the man with webbed feet say he was trapped in a basement?
(a) Because of his webbed feet.
(b) Because he was hiding from someone.
(c) Because he commited a crime.
(d) Because of his brother.
10. In Book IV, Stanza 5, who does Maldoror believe the man stole his eyes from?
(a) A black-haired woman.
(b) A troubled woman.
(c) An elderly woman.
(d) A blonde woman.
11. In Book IV, Stanza 6, what animal does Maldoror say he turned into in his dream?
(a) A lion.
(b) A hog.
(c) A snake.
(d) A toad.
12. In Book V, Stanza 7, what does the spider do to Maldoror every night?
(a) Sucks his blood.
(b) Teases him.
(c) Talks to him.
(d) Plays cards with him.
13. In Book IV, Stanza 2, what problem does Maldoror run into?
(a) Civilization becoming evil too.
(b) The police looking for him.
(c) A lack of money.
(d) He loses his house.
14. In Book IV, Stanza 5, how long was the man with the stolen eyes in prison?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 20 years.
15. In Book IV, Staza 6, how does Maldoror feel about the sleep he recounts?
(a) He was fearful of it.
(b) He didn't care for it.
(c) He enjoyed it.
(d) He regrets it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator assume about the vulture in Book V, Stanza 2?
2. Why does Mervyn begin walking faster?
3. In Book V, Stanza 1, what does the narrator say lies in these poems?
4. What type of death does the narrator discuss in Book V, Stanza 3?
5. In Book IV, Stanza 4, what does Maldoror find in his armpit?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)