|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on top of the mound the beetle rolls ball to?
(a) A dragon.
(b) A man-bird.
(c) A church.
(d) A horse-man.
2. Why does Maldoror say he threw Falmer against a tree?
(a) Because Falmer gave him a Bible.
(b) Because Falmer stopped him from killing.
(c) Because Falmer was the preacher's son.
(d) Because Falmer threatened him.
3. In Book IV, Stanza 5, why does Maldoror say he once scalped a man?
(a) For revenge.
(b) As a message to God.
(c) As a joke.
(d) For fun.
4. What does the narrator tell the reader to always do while laughing?
(d) Laugh at people.
5. What vision begins the narrators rant in Book IV, Stanza 2?
(a) Two towers.
(b) Two cabins.
(c) A winding road.
(d) A bridge.
6. In Book V, Stanza 7, what does the spider do to Maldoror every night?
(a) Talks to him.
(b) Plays cards with him.
(c) Sucks his blood.
(d) Teases him.
7. Why does the man with webbed feet say he was trapped in a basement?
(a) Because of his webbed feet.
(b) Because of his brother.
(c) Because he commited a crime.
(d) Because he was hiding from someone.
8. What is revealed about the beetles balls once he rolls them up the mound?
(a) They will be used as weapons.
(b) They are actually made of humans.
(c) They are actually his hopes and dreams.
(d) They are imaginary.
9. What do the two women do to the man hanging from the gallows?
(a) Yell and insult him.
(b) Beat and whip him.
(c) Tar and whip him.
(d) Tar and feather him.
10. When the two boys crawl out of the spider's pocket in Book V, Stanza 7, what are they holding?
(a) Flaming swords.
(b) Short knives.
(c) Bows and arrows.
11. In Book IV, Stanza 6, where does Maldoror remember falling asleep?
(a) Next to a river.
(b) On a cliff.
(c) In a tree.
(d) In a cave.
12. What does the narrator think Mervyn should do instead of walk faster?
(a) Turn around.
(c) Nothing, he should keep walking.
(d) Stop and ask for help.
13. In Book VI, what other name does the narrator give the books?
14. Who does Maldoror leave the man in the gallows under the care of?
15. In Book V, Stanza 6, what message is given about the child?
(a) He will grow as a tree.
(b) He is still alive in heaven.
(c) He will be missed.
(d) He will return for a second life.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maldoror feel about the man with the stolen eyes in Book IV, Stanza 5?
2. What does the narrator rant about in Book IV, Stanza 2?
3. What animal does the vulture battle in Book V, Stanza 2?
4. Why does Maldoror believe the man stole his eyes from a woman?
5. In Book IV, Stanza 3, what does Maldoror say the women look like?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)