|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VI, 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Maldoror do to the mad woman's daughter before sending a bulldog to kill the girl?
(a) He tied her up.
(b) He stabbed her.
(c) He raped her.
(d) He strangled her.
2. In Book II, Stanza 9, why does Maldoror say some men keep insects as pets?
(a) To eat them.
(b) Because they are cheap.
(c) To avoid old age.
(d) To feed other animals.
3. In Book II, Stanza 13, who does Maldoror find that he feels is just like him?
(a) A 16 year old.
(b) A wolf.
(c) An old captain.
(d) A shark.
4. What does Mervyn do after running away from Maldoror in Book VI, Stanza 9?
(a) He locks himself in his room.
(b) He tells his mother what happened.
(c) He runs into a church.
(d) He calls the police.
5. What does the man with webbed feet say he wanted to do when he escaped the basement?
(a) Run away.
(b) Build a hut on a mountain.
(c) Throw himself out to sea.
(d) Start a farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator think Mervyn should do instead of walk faster?
2. Why does Maldoror say he had a hard time learning to communicate as a child?
3. What happens when the street-child chases after the horse-drawn bus?
4. What does the narrator rant about in Book IV, Stanza 2?
5. What does the grave-digger say happens every night at the cemetery?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)