|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book V, Stanzas 5-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book IV, Stanza 4, how does Maldoror react to the crab he finds living in him?
(a) He says it isn't surprising.
(b) He says it hurts.
(c) He says it is the funniest thing he's found.
(d) He says it's a lie.
2. In Book IV, Stanza 6, what animal does Maldoror say he turned into in his dream?
(a) A hog.
(b) A toad.
(c) A lion.
(d) A snake.
3. What does Maldoror say happened when he decided to not kill the embodiment of Prostitution?
(a) He rejected all virtue.
(b) He lost his family.
(c) He found trust.
(d) He saved his soul.
4. In Book IV, Stanza 2, why does the narrator talk about flies?
(a) He discusses the way humans ignore flies.
(b) He discusses the way some people eat flies.
(c) He discusses ways to kill them.
(d) He discusses different types of flies.
5. How was Maldoror born?
(b) Without parents.
(c) Filled with evil.
(d) Into nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maldoror beg God for in Book I, Stanza 5?
2. In Book V, Stanza 1, what does the narrator say is unique about his point of view?
3. In Book I, Stanza 10, who does Maldoror think will not surround him at the time of his death?
4. When God passes out on earth, how do the animals react?
5. What did Maldoror do to the mad woman's daughter before sending a bulldog to kill the girl?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)