|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book V, Stanzas 5-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the two women do to the man hanging from the gallows?
(a) Beat and whip him.
(b) Tar and feather him.
(c) Yell and insult him.
(d) Tar and whip him.
2. What does Maldoror say showed him the grave of a child who died from tuberculosis?
(a) A giant glow worm.
(b) A fairy.
(c) A huge butterfly.
(d) A small bear.
3. What emotion does the grave-digger sense in Maldoror when they talk about faith in God?
4. What is revealed about the beetles balls once he rolls them up the mound?
(a) They are actually his hopes and dreams.
(b) They are imaginary.
(c) They will be used as weapons.
(d) They are actually made of humans.
5. How was Maldoror born?
(a) Into nature.
(c) Filled with evil.
(d) Without parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the boy in Book II, Stanza 6, after Maldoror talks with him about heaven?
2. What does the narrator tell the reader to always do while laughing?
3. What pleased Maldoror in his dream in Book IV, Stanza 6?
4. In Book V, Stanza 6, what message is given about the child?
5. Why does the grave-digger first say he can't speak with Maldoror?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)