|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book V, Stanzas 5-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book V, Stanza 4, what is the spirit's identity?
2. Who does Maldoror leave the man in the gallows under the care of?
3. Who tells the reader that Maldoror is a pedarist?
(a) Maldoror himself.
(b) The narrator.
(d) A homeless man.
4. What animal does the vulture battle in Book V, Stanza 2?
(a) A snake.
(b) A sparrow.
(c) An owl.
(d) A dragon.
5. Why does Maldoror say he has tried to erase the memory of his dream from Book IV, Stanza 6?
(a) Because it confused him.
(b) Because he was upset when he woke up.
(c) Because it was too evil, even for him.
(d) Because it revealed the truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book II, Stanza 12, what does Maldoror say he realized about praying as a child?
2. What does the grave-digger promise to do if Maldoror stays at his house?
3. What does Maldoror say happened when he decided to not kill the embodiment of Prostitution?
4. Why does Maldoror symbolically to heaven in the form of an octopus?
5. In Book IV, Stanza 6, what animal does Maldoror say he turned into in his dream?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)