|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book V, Stanzas 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book III, Stanza 2, how does the narrator discover the mad woman's secret?
(a) She confesses it to him one night.
(b) He hears rumors.
(c) He picks up a piece of paper she dropped.
(d) He listens in at her door.
2. What does the narrator say to do at the end of Book I, Stanza 1?
(a) Skip every other poem.
(b) Read out loud.
(c) Close the book.
(d) Take a break.
3. In Book II, Stanza 13, who does Maldoror find that he feels is just like him?
(a) A shark.
(b) A 16 year old.
(c) A wolf.
(d) An old captain.
4. What does the man with webbed feet say he wanted to do when he escaped the basement?
(a) Build a hut on a mountain.
(b) Run away.
(c) Start a farm.
(d) Throw himself out to sea.
5. In Book IV, Stanza 4, how does Maldoror react to the crab he finds living in him?
(a) He says it's a lie.
(b) He says it isn't surprising.
(c) He says it is the funniest thing he's found.
(d) He says it hurts.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book IV, Stanza 5, how long was the man with the stolen eyes in prison?
2. Why does Maldoror say nature will wonder at his existence when he dies?
3. In Book IV, Stanza 1, how does the narrator describe his success so far in the poem?
4. In Book IV, Stanza 6, what animal does Maldoror say he turned into in his dream?
5. Where is Tremdall when he sees Maldoror in Book III, Stanza 3?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)