|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book V, Stanzas 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book V, Stanza 2, what are the balls the beetle is rolling made of?
2. How did Maldoror act in his youth?
3. In Book IV, Stanza 4, why does Maldoror say he continues to hate God?
(a) Because He is a lie.
(b) Because of His creations.
(c) Because He is unjust.
(d) Because of what He did to his body.
4. In Book II, Stanza 9, why does Maldoror say some men keep insects as pets?
(a) To feed other animals.
(b) To eat them.
(c) Because they are cheap.
(d) To avoid old age.
5. What does the grave-digger promise to do if Maldoror stays at his house?
(a) Give him books to read.
(b) Not ask about his past.
(c) Make him breakfast.
(d) Ignore anything he says in his sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book III, Stanza 2, how does the narrator discover the mad woman's secret?
2. Why does the grave-digger first say he can't speak with Maldoror?
3. What does Maldoror beg the toad for in Book I, Stanza 13?
4. In Book IV, Stanza 7, why does the man have webbed hands and feet?
5. In Book IV, Stanza 5, how did the man with the stolen eyes leave prison?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)