|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maldoror say flying octopi are like?
2. In Book III, Stanza 5, who attacks the prostitute?
(a) A demon.
(b) A chicken.
(c) A snake.
3. What does Maldoror say mathematics has done for him?
(a) Is has made him more tolerant.
(b) It hasn't done anything.
(c) It has made him more wise.
(d) It has made him angry.
4. When Maldoror sees the ship capsize, what does he vow to do to the people who survive?
(a) Turn them evil.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Laugh at them.
(d) Follow them.
5. In Book III, Stanza 2, how does the narrator discover the mad woman's secret?
(a) He listens in at her door.
(b) She confesses it to him one night.
(c) He picks up a piece of paper she dropped.
(d) He hears rumors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say to do at the end of Book I, Stanza 1?
2. What happens when the street-child chases after the horse-drawn bus?
3. Why does Maldoror send away the beautiful girl in Book II, Stanza 13?
4. In Book I, Stanza 8, to what animal does Maldoror liken himself?
5. What does Maldoror say happens to people who keep insects as pets?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)