|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator say people have reported seeing a winged lamp flying?
(a) Above the Rhine.
(b) Above the Somme.
(c) Above the Meuse.
(d) Above the Siene.
2. In Book III, Stanza 3, what animal head does the dragon Tremdall sees have?
(a) The head of a bear.
(b) The head of a horse.
(c) The head of a tiger.
(d) The head of a lion.
3. What does Maldoror say probably lies beneath the young girl's angelic exterior in Book II, Stanza 5?
4. In Book II, Stanza 11, what does Maldoror do when the angel appears?
(a) He throws a rock at the angel.
(b) He smacks the angel.
(c) He throws a lamp at the angel.
(d) He licks the angel's face.
5. In Book II, Stanza 2, how does the narrator describe God's treatment?
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion does the grave-digger sense in Maldoror when they talk about faith in God?
2. Why does Maldoror send away the beautiful girl in Book II, Stanza 13?
3. What does God threaten Maldoror with in Book III, Stanza 5?
4. Why does Maldoror suggest that the reader grow his/her fingernails out?
5. In Book II, Stanza 3, what does Maldoror want God to reveal?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)