|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Stanzas 10-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the hermaphrodite live?
(a) In a cave.
(b) In a tall apartment building.
(c) In a cottage.
(d) In a flowery grove.
2. Why does Maldoror say he continued to pray as a child in Book II, Stanza 12?
(a) He wanted goodness.
(b) He had nothing else to do.
(c) He wanted it to be true.
(d) His parents made him.
3. In Book II, Stanza 1, what does the narrator say Maldoror is for the reader?
(a) A censure.
(b) A warning.
(c) A friend.
(d) A creature.
4. What happens to the boy in Book II, Stanza 6, after Maldoror talks with him about heaven?
(a) The boy runs away.
(b) The boy catches a fever.
(c) The boy laughs at Maldoror.
(d) The boy begins to cry.
5. In Book I, Stanza 2, what form does hatred take?
(a) A vision.
(b) A taste.
(c) An odor.
(d) A breeze.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Maldoror act in his youth?
2. In Book II, Stanza 13, who does Maldoror find that he feels is just like him?
3. In Book II, Stanza 12, what does Maldoror say he realized about praying as a child?
4. In Book II, Stanza 3, what does Maldoror want God to reveal?
5. What does Maldoror say he promised Holzer?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)