|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Stanzas 10-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the grave-digger promise to do if Maldoror stays at his house?
(a) Ignore anything he says in his sleep.
(b) Not ask about his past.
(c) Make him breakfast.
(d) Give him books to read.
2. How does Maldoror define the suffering God creates in Book II, Stanza 3?
(a) Humanity itself.
(c) Natural disasters.
3. In Book II, Stanza 13, who does Maldoror find that he feels is just like him?
(a) A shark.
(b) A wolf.
(c) An old captain.
(d) A 16 year old.
4. Why does Maldoror strangle the child in Book I, Stanza 11?
(a) Because the boy threatens to tell on Maldoror.
(b) Because the mother asks him to.
(c) Because Maldoror is bored.
(d) Because the boy won't accept sin.
5. Where does the narrator say people have reported seeing a winged lamp flying?
(a) Above the Meuse.
(b) Above the Siene.
(c) Above the Somme.
(d) Above the Rhine.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book II, Stanza 12, what does Maldoror say he realized about praying as a child?
2. Why does Maldoror say he had a hard time learning to communicate as a child?
3. In Book II, Stanza 2, how does the narrator describe God's treatment?
4. In Book II, Stanza 12, what example of God's malice does Maldoror examine?
5. What does Maldoror say happened when he decided to not kill the embodiment of Prostitution?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)