|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Stanzas 1-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maldoror say he believes God has a right to eat men?
(a) Because men are evil.
(b) Because He is all powerful.
(c) Because men taste good.
(d) Because He is their creator.
2. What happens to the boy in Book II, Stanza 6, after Maldoror talks with him about heaven?
(a) The boy laughs at Maldoror.
(b) The boy runs away.
(c) The boy catches a fever.
(d) The boy begins to cry.
3. With what does the narrator begin this poem?
(a) A warning.
(b) A lesson.
(c) A question.
(d) A rhyme.
4. What does Maldoror say probably lies beneath the young girl's angelic exterior in Book II, Stanza 5?
5. In Book I, Stanza 6, what does Maldoror say has the sweetest taste?
(a) The love of a woman.
(b) The tears of innocents.
(c) The blood of enemies.
(d) The freshest fruit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maldoror say he has no hope for after his death?
2. Why does Maldoror recommend taking a child to the hospital in Book I, Chapter 6?
3. In Book I, Stanza 5, what does Maldoror say differs among men?
4. In Book II, Stanza 3, what does Maldoror want God to reveal?
5. In Book I, Stanza 11, when does Maldoror return to speak to the child?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)