|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Stanzas 1-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the grave-digger say happens every night at the cemetery?
(a) Animals howl.
(b) The wind whispers prayers.
(c) Someone falls in a grave.
(d) The corpses rise for air.
2. What does Maldoror say showed him the grave of a child who died from tuberculosis?
(a) A fairy.
(b) A small bear.
(c) A huge butterfly.
(d) A giant glow worm.
3. In Book I, Stanza 4, the narrator says all men feel what?
4. With what does the narrator begin this poem?
(a) A rhyme.
(b) A lesson.
(c) A question.
(d) A warning.
5. What does the family in Book I, Stanza 11 hear after Maldoror watches them eat?
(a) Banging sounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maldoror say he believes God has a right to eat men?
2. In Book I, Stanza 6, what does Maldoror say has the sweetest taste?
3. Why does the grave-digger first say he can't speak with Maldoror?
4. Why does the toad say he hates Maldoror?
5. How does Maldoror describe the talking toad he meets in Book I, Stanza 13?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)