|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Stanzas 10-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the toad say Maldoror should do if he is so smart?
(a) Write a book.
(b) Leave earth.
(c) Travel to Europe.
2. How does Maldoror describe the talking toad he meets in Book I, Stanza 13?
3. In Book I, Stanza 8, to what animal does Maldoror liken himself?
4. What does Maldoror say he has no hope for after his death?
5. Why does the toad say he hates Maldoror?
(a) Because he is evil.
(b) Because of his pride.
(c) Because he is human.
(d) Because of his voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say to do at the end of Book I, Stanza 1?
2. In Book I, Stanza 11, when does Maldoror return to speak to the child?
3. What does Maldoror say showed him the grave of a child who died from tuberculosis?
4. What does Maldoror beg the toad for in Book I, Stanza 13?
5. Why does the grave-digger first say he can't speak with Maldoror?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)