|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Stanzas 10-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book I, Stanza 11, when does Maldoror return to speak to the child?
(a) When the child goes outside.
(b) When the family is praying.
(c) After the family goes to sleep.
(d) During breakfast.
2. What does the narrator say to do at the end of Book I, Stanza 1?
(a) Read out loud.
(b) Close the book.
(c) Take a break.
(d) Skip every other poem.
3. How does Maldoror describe the talking toad he meets in Book I, Stanza 13?
4. With what does the narrator begin this poem?
(a) A rhyme.
(b) A lesson.
(c) A warning.
(d) A question.
5. What does Maldoror say showed him the grave of a child who died from tuberculosis?
(a) A huge butterfly.
(b) A giant glow worm.
(c) A fairy.
(d) A small bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maldoror say happened when he decided to not kill the embodiment of Prostitution?
2. What does the family in Book I, Stanza 11 hear after Maldoror watches them eat?
3. What does Maldoror beg God for in Book I, Stanza 5?
4. What does the narrator say the reader must read these poems with?
5. In Book I, Stanza 4, the narrator says all men feel what?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)