|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Stanzas 10-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say to do at the end of Book I, Stanza 1?
(a) Take a break.
(b) Read out loud.
(c) Skip every other poem.
(d) Close the book.
2. In Book I, Stanza 6, what does Maldoror say is the "greatest happiness which can be conceived"?
(a) Being hated and loved.
(b) Being hurt and then rescued.
(c) Being a savior.
(d) Being evil and getting away with it.
3. What does the grave-digger promise to do if Maldoror stays at his house?
(a) Ignore anything he says in his sleep.
(b) Give him books to read.
(c) Not ask about his past.
(d) Make him breakfast.
4. Why does Maldoror recommend taking a child to the hospital in Book I, Chapter 6?
(a) So professionals can deal with them.
(b) So society will applaud.
(c) In order to do the right thing.
(d) Because it's easier than doing it yourself.
5. In what does Maldoror tell the grave-digger to trust?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Maldoror watches the family eating dinner, what does the family feel?
2. In Book I, Stanza 7, what form does Prostitution take?
3. In Book I, Stanza 4, the narrator says all men feel what?
4. Why does Maldoror suggest that the reader grow his/her fingernails out?
5. Why does Maldoror strangle the child in Book I, Stanza 11?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)