|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VI, Stanzas 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maldoror say he is most interested in young boys?
(a) Because he has more in common with them.
(b) Because they are easier to manipulate.
(c) Because he fears women.
(d) Because they are more fun.
2. What does the narrator say people will do at the moment of their death in Book V, Stanza 3?
(a) Laugh about it.
(b) Close their eyes.
(c) Try to avoid it.
(d) Welcome it.
3. In Book III, Stanza 2, how does the narrator discover the mad woman's secret?
(a) She confesses it to him one night.
(b) He listens in at her door.
(c) He hears rumors.
(d) He picks up a piece of paper she dropped.
4. Where does Maldoror speak with the grave-digger in Book I, Stanza 12?
5. Who are the boys that climb out of the spider's pocket in Book V, Stanza 7?
(a) Children Maldoror never met.
(b) He isn't sure.
(c) Boys Maldoror tried to kill.
(d) Street-boys Maldoror never helped.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book V, Stanza 1, what does the narrator say lies in these poems?
2. What does the narrator say to do at the end of Book I, Stanza 1?
3. In Book IV, Stanza 5, who does Maldoror believe the man stole his eyes from?
4. What do the two women do to the man hanging from the gallows?
5. What is revealed about the beetles balls once he rolls them up the mound?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)