|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VI, Stanzas 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mervyn begin walking faster?
(a) He senses danger.
(b) He is late.
(c) He thinks he is lost.
(d) He hates Maldoror.
2. In Book V, Stanza 7, what does the spider do to Maldoror every night?
(a) Teases him.
(b) Sucks his blood.
(c) Talks to him.
(d) Plays cards with him.
3. In Book V, Stanza 1, what does the narrator say he fears will happen to the reader?
(a) They will use a dictionary to understand his words.
(b) They will be frightened off.
(c) They will follow Maldoror.
(d) They will stop reading.
4. In Book II, Stanza 12, what does Maldoror say he realized about praying as a child?
(a) It could be of no use.
(b) He was only following orders.
(c) It was just a way to stay calm.
(d) He couldn't remember them.
5. In Book IV, Stanza 2, why does the narrator talk about flies?
(a) He discusses ways to kill them.
(b) He discusses different types of flies.
(c) He discusses the way humans ignore flies.
(d) He discusses the way some people eat flies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the boy in Book II, Stanza 6, after Maldoror talks with him about heaven?
2. In Book V, Stanza 1, what does the narrator say is unique about his point of view?
3. In Book II, Stanza 1, what does the narrator say Maldoror is for the reader?
4. Why does Maldoror say he threw Falmer against a tree?
5. What is on top of the mound the beetle rolls ball to?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)