|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VI, Stanzas 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maldoror say he threw Falmer against a tree?
(a) Because Falmer stopped him from killing.
(b) Because Falmer gave him a Bible.
(c) Because Falmer threatened him.
(d) Because Falmer was the preacher's son.
2. Why does Maldoror suggest that the reader grow his/her fingernails out?
(a) To scratch a child.
(b) To tap on things.
(c) To scare people.
(d) To see how long it takes.
3. Why does Maldoror strangle the child in Book I, Stanza 11?
(a) Because Maldoror is bored.
(b) Because the boy threatens to tell on Maldoror.
(c) Because the boy won't accept sin.
(d) Because the mother asks him to.
4. What does Maldoror love most about math?
(a) How difficult it is.
(b) How boring it is.
(c) How advanced it is.
(d) How orderly it is.
5. Where is Mervyn walking in Book IV, Stanza 3?
(a) To school.
(b) To the store.
(c) To the river.
(d) To his house.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Maldoror starts following Mervyn, what is his dilemma?
2. Why does Maldoror say he had a hard time learning to communicate as a child?
3. In Book V, Stanza 6, how do the child's family members define Maldoror?
4. How does Maldoror feel about being visited by the spider every night in Book V, Stanza 7?
5. How does Maldoror describe the men who are on the horse-drawn bus?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)