|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Stanzas 10-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the family in Book I, Stanza 11 hear after Maldoror watches them eat?
(b) Banging sounds.
2. What stops the narrator from writing in Book II, Stanza 2?
(a) His wife.
(b) A supernatural force.
(d) He is tired.
3. In Book I, Stanza 10, who does Maldoror think will not surround him at the time of his death?
4. What does the toad say Maldoror should do if he is so smart?
(a) Leave earth.
(b) Write a book.
(d) Travel to Europe.
5. In Book II, Stanza 5, what does Maldoror remember the little girl asking him?
(a) About his life.
(b) For the time.
(c) For help.
(d) If she could come with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the hermaphrodite live?
2. What does Maldoror say he has no hope for after his death?
3. How does Maldoror define the suffering God creates in Book II, Stanza 3?
4. What does Maldoror say happens to people who keep insects as pets?
5. In Book I, Stanza 4, the narrator says all men feel what?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)