|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV, Stanzas 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maldoror describe the talking toad he meets in Book I, Stanza 13?
2. When God passes out on earth, who gives him a coin when he wakes up?
(a) A beggar.
(b) A priest.
(c) A woman.
(d) A fool.
3. When Maldoror sees the ship capsize, what does he vow to do to the people who survive?
(a) Laugh at them.
(b) Follow them.
(c) Turn them evil.
(d) Kill them.
4. What happens when the street-child chases after the horse-drawn bus?
(a) He begins to cry.
(b) He is attacked.
(c) He falls down.
(d) He jumps aboard.
5. Why does Maldoror save the drowning man in Book II, Stanza 14?
(a) Because he looks like his friend.
(b) Because he owes the world.
(c) Because he promised to save anyone who was drowning.
(d) Because he feels pulled to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book III, Stanza 1, who does the fisherman think Maldoror and Mario are?
2. Why does Maldoror send away the beautiful girl in Book II, Stanza 13?
3. What provides the man with webbed feet with everything he needs?
4. In Book II, Stanza 3, what does Maldoror want God to reveal?
5. What did Maldoror do when the bulldog did not kill the mad woman's daughter.
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)