|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV, Stanzas 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book III, Stanza 2, how does the narrator discover the mad woman's secret?
(a) He listens in at her door.
(b) She confesses it to him one night.
(c) He hears rumors.
(d) He picks up a piece of paper she dropped.
2. In Book III, Stanza 3, what does Maldoror turn into to fight the dragon?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A dog.
(c) A snake.
(d) A lion.
3. Where is Tremdall when he sees Maldoror in Book III, Stanza 3?
(a) At church.
(b) Near a river.
(c) In town.
(d) A mountain.
4. After Maldoror watches the family eating dinner, what does the family feel?
(a) A breeze, even though the window is shut.
(b) A shadow pass over them.
(c) A wave of heat.
(d) A chill spread through the room.
5. What happens to the victims of the capsized ship in Book II, Stanza 13?
(a) Maldoror swims after them.
(b) The ocean turns black with hate.
(c) Waves sweep them away.
(d) Sharks attack them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Maldoror speak with the grave-digger in Book I, Stanza 12?
2. In Book II, Stanza 1, what does the narrator say Maldoror is for the reader?
3. Why does Maldoror say he continued to pray as a child in Book II, Stanza 12?
4. When God passes out on earth, who gives him a coin when he wakes up?
5. What does Maldoror say he promised Holzer?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)