|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV, Stanzas 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the grave-digger first say he can't speak with Maldoror?
(a) Because he is off duty.
(b) Because he doesn't speak with other people.
(c) Because Maldoror is evil.
(d) Because he has serious work.
2. In Book III, Stanza 1, what spirit does Mario have?
(a) The spirit of fire.
(b) The spirit of the sky.
(c) The spirit of the earth.
(d) The spirit of water.
3. What does the grave-digger say happens every night at the cemetery?
(a) The wind whispers prayers.
(b) Animals howl.
(c) The corpses rise for air.
(d) Someone falls in a grave.
4. In Book IV, Stanza 5, how long was the man with the stolen eyes in prison?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 10 years.
5. In Book III, Stanza 3, what animal head does the dragon Tremdall sees have?
(a) The head of a bear.
(b) The head of a lion.
(c) The head of a tiger.
(d) The head of a horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maldoror think he is the only person who can see the man with webbed feet?
2. What did Maldoror do to the mad woman's daughter before sending a bulldog to kill the girl?
3. What stops the narrator from writing in Book II, Stanza 2?
4. In Book III, Stanza 4, why is God grateful to receive a coin?
5. What does the family in Book I, Stanza 11 hear after Maldoror watches them eat?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)