Book I, Stanzas 1-9
* Maldoror was a good child, but changed his ways once he realized he was born evil.
* Maldoror believes all people are evil; he begs God to show him otherwise.
Book I, Stanzas 10-14
* Maldoror predicts what his own death will be like.
* He watches a family eat dinner and then kills the son.
* He meets with a grave-digger to discuss mortality.
* He meets a talking toad.
Book II, Stanzas 1-9
* Maldoror describes several experiences with children, proving the evil in and around them.
* He explains how his deafness was cured.
* He urges men to stop worshiping insect gods.
Book II, Stanzas 10-16
* Maldoror fights with a lamp that takes the form of an angel.
* He explains how he realized that prayer had no value.
* He flies up to heaven to denounce conscience in front of God.
* Maldoror travels with a friend whom...
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)