Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Malcolm's argument against the Civil Rights movement
(a) They need to strive for their own identity
(b) They have to knock things down. not tap on them
(c) Islam is the black religion
(d) Racism is a human issue, not a civil rights issue.
2. Why did Malcolm get fired from his job on the railway?
(a) He is rude to the white patrons
(b) He eats all the food
(c) He lets his friends ride on the train for free
(d) He steals money
3. What job does Shorty find for Malcolm?
(a) A cleaner
(b) A croupier
(c) A shoeshine attendant
(d) A dealer
4. Who does Malcolm live with in Detroit?
5. What kind of school did Malcolm have to attend while at the Gohannas?
(a) A private school
(b) A state school
(c) A reform school
(d) A boarding school
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malcolm claim are the positive aspects of the Nation of Islam?
2. What war is Malcolm being drafted into in this chapter?
3. Who runs the detention home to which Malcolm is sent?
4. Which character in this chapter wants to kill Malcolm?
5. What is Malcolm surprised about on his travels?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)