|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Klaus Fuchs come to Los Alamos?
2. To what does the nickname Dogpatch refer?
3. Who is the Secretary of War in 1942?
4. Who is the pilot of the plane that drops the first atomic bomb?
5. Who is Tokutaro Hagiwara?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Robert Oppenheimer's role in the making of the atomic bomb. Be sure to Include his scientific accomplishments and his role at Los Alamos. Is the bomb built without him?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the beginnings of the Manhattan Project. What is it? How does it get started? Who is involved in setting it up? What is the U.S. government's role in the project? What is the role of General Leslie Groves?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Niels Bohr's analysis of the nuclear arms race to come. How does the existence of the atomic bomb change the world? What proposals does Bohr have?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)