|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does the nickname Dogpatch refer?
2. Where does Operation Forager take place?
3. Who is the first American scientist of administrative rank to visit Britain in 1941?
4. Who is assigned to find the Trinity test site?
5. Who wi the pilot of the plane that drops the second atomic bomb?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Trinity and Silverplate. What are they? What is their role in the dropping of the atomic bombs? Who are the people involved?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the development of the atomic bomb in Britain, Germany and Tokyo. What ends the development?
Essay Topic 3
What are the emotional effects of the creation of the atomic bomb on scientists? Does it effect all scientists the same way? Discuss specific scientists' response, including Leo Szilard and Robert Oppenheimer. In your answer discuss the Interim Committee Scientific Panel and its response.
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)