|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the crew who is training for delivering of the atomic bomb go for training with radar and flying over water?
2. Who wi the pilot of the plane that drops the second atomic bomb?
3. The day after Nagasaki is bombed, where does Ernest Lawrence go?
4. When does President Roosevelt die?
5. When is pure plutonium extracted for the first time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the development of the atomic bomb in Britain, Germany and Tokyo. What ends the development?
Essay Topic 2
Many scientific accomplishments go into making the atomic bomb possible. From the scientific standpoint, at what point does the atomic bomb become a possibility? Why? What scientist(s) are involved in this final break through?
Essay Topic 3
The American atomic bomb building project gets bogged down in bureaucracy. How does the program get jump started? Who are the major people involved? What ware the historical events involved? Is there support in the United States for the program?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)