|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What indispensable item does Teller and his wife bring to Los Alamos?
2. Where does Emilio Segre conduct his experiments on the rate of fission in uranium and plutonium?
3. Where is the Trinity test site?
4. After the dropping of the bombs, Leo Szilard leaves nuclear physics and goes into what field of study?
5. What does Oppenheimer and a group of scientists name the "Super"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Japanese determination never to surrender. Give examples from the war in the Pacific. What role does this play in the use of the atomic bomb?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Robert Oppenheimer's role in the making of the atomic bomb. Be sure to Include his scientific accomplishments and his role at Los Alamos. Is the bomb built without him?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the beginnings of the Manhattan Project. What is it? How does it get started? Who is involved in setting it up? What is the U.S. government's role in the project? What is the role of General Leslie Groves?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)