|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do the Germans announce Hitler's suicide?
2. Where does Emilio Segre conduct his experiments on the rate of fission in uranium and plutonium?
3. When does Niels Bohr escape from Stockholm to Scotland?
4. Who says, "I'll tell you what war is about. You've got to kill people, and when you've killed enough, they stop fighting."
5. When does the U.S. learn that Klaus Fuchs is a Russian spy?
Essay Topic 1
From the theoretical discussion of nuclear energy to the making of the atomic bomb is a relatively short period of time. Discuss what effect the wars have on this development. Would the bomb be developed as rapidly without the reality of the wars?
Essay Topic 2
How are the target cities for the bombs chosen? What are the considerations that go into their choice? Why are Hiroshima and Nagasaki the final two choices?
Essay Topic 3
The United States is developing two types of atomic bombs. Compare and contrast these bombs. What are their code names?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)