|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the U.S. Uranium Committee meet to reorganize work on the atomic bomb?
2. What is the name of the plane that drops the second atomic bomb?
3. Where is the Trinity test site?
4. Where is the home base for the Air Force group that is training for the delivery of the atomic bombs?
5. What indispensable item does Teller and his wife bring to Los Alamos?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Potsdam Declaration. What is it? Who is involved? Given what is known at the time, is unconditional surrender the only choice? What is the Japanese response?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Niels Bohr's analysis of the nuclear arms race to come. How does the existence of the atomic bomb change the world? What proposals does Bohr have?
Essay Topic 3
What are the emotional effects of the creation of the atomic bomb on scientists? Does it effect all scientists the same way? Discuss specific scientists' response, including Leo Szilard and Robert Oppenheimer. In your answer discuss the Interim Committee Scientific Panel and its response.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)