|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Chief of Security for Groves?
2. Where does Emilio Segre conduct his experiments on the rate of fission in uranium and plutonium?
3. Who destroys the Norwegian heavy-water installation in February 1943?
4. Who is the pilot of the plane that drops the first atomic bomb?
5. When does Oppenheimer and his aides move to New Mexico?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Potsdam Declaration. What is it? Who is involved? Given what is known at the time, is unconditional surrender the only choice? What is the Japanese response?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the development of the atomic bomb in Britain, Germany and Tokyo. What ends the development?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Robert Oppenheimer's role in the making of the atomic bomb. Be sure to Include his scientific accomplishments and his role at Los Alamos. Is the bomb built without him?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)