Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do the Germans announce Hitler's suicide?
2. Where does Emilio Segre conduct his experiments on the rate of fission in uranium and plutonium?
3. When does Niels Bohr escape from Stockholm to Scotland?
4. Who says, "I'll tell you what war is about. You've got to kill people, and when you've killed enough, they stop fighting."
5. When does the U.S. learn that Klaus Fuchs is a Russian spy?
The United States is developing two types of atomic bombs. Compare and contrast these bombs. What are their code names?
Discuss the beginnings of the Manhattan Project. What is it? How does it get started? Who is involved in setting it up? What is the U.S. government's role in the project? What is the role of General Leslie Groves?
Discuss Robert Oppenheimer's role in the making of the atomic bomb. Be sure to Include his scientific accomplishments and his role at Los Alamos. Is the bomb built without him?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)