|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the crew who is training for delivering of the atomic bomb go for training with radar and flying over water?
2. When does Klaus Fuchs come to Los Alamos?
3. Where is the Trinity test site?
4. What is the name of the plane that drops the second atomic bomb?
5. When does the U.S. Uranium Committee meet to reorganize work on the atomic bomb?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
From the theoretical discussion of nuclear energy to the making of the atomic bomb is a relatively short period of time. Discuss what effect the wars have on this development. Would the bomb be developed as rapidly without the reality of the wars?
Essay Topic 2
What are the emotional effects of the creation of the atomic bomb on scientists? Does it effect all scientists the same way? Discuss specific scientists' response, including Leo Szilard and Robert Oppenheimer. In your answer discuss the Interim Committee Scientific Panel and its response.
Essay Topic 3
How are the target cities for the bombs chosen? What are the considerations that go into their choice? Why are Hiroshima and Nagasaki the final two choices?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)