Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do the Germans announce Hitler's suicide?
2. Where does Emilio Segre conduct his experiments on the rate of fission in uranium and plutonium?
3. When does Niels Bohr escape from Stockholm to Scotland?
4. Who says, "I'll tell you what war is about. You've got to kill people, and when you've killed enough, they stop fighting."
5. When does the U.S. learn that Klaus Fuchs is a Russian spy?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Potsdam Declaration. What is it? Who is involved? Given what is known at the time, is unconditional surrender the only choice? What is the Japanese response?
Essay Topic 2
Many scientific accomplishments go into making the atomic bomb possible. From the scientific standpoint, at what point does the atomic bomb become a possibility? Why? What scientist(s) are involved in this final break through?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the beginnings of the Manhattan Project. What is it? How does it get started? Who is involved in setting it up? What is the U.S. government's role in the project? What is the role of General Leslie Groves?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)