Mid-Book Test (up to Chapter 11 "Cross Sections")
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer the question with a short answer.
1. Who does Enrico Fermi marry?
2. Who recruits Bohr for research in in radioactivity in Manchester?
3. How much money does Leo Szilard ask the Uranium Committee for?
4. Why do the Jewish scientists leave Hungary?
5. Where does Hans Bethe go after his dismissal from Tubingen?
Short Essay Questions
Directions: Answer the questions with a short paragraph.
1. What happens to the Nobel Prize medals that Max Von Laue and James Franck had given Niels Bohr for safekeeping?
This section contains 958 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)