|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the first meeting of the U.S. Advisory Committee on Uranium meet?
2. Who envisions atoms as small billiard balls?
3. What does Otto Hahn and Lise Meitner research together?
4. In the early 1900's, who do the Jewish commercial elite ally with, creating a large class of ennobled Jews?
5. What is hailed as the beginning of true nuclear physics?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Chaim Weizmann's discovery that helps the British war effort?
2. What are "banzai charges"?
3. Who is Fritz Haber and how does his wife die?
4. Who suggests the existence of the neutron and who works with him to prove it?
5. What is the Manhattan Project?
6. What is the Balfour Declaration?
7. Where is the center for experimental physics after World War I?
8. Why is the discovery of the neutron important?
9. What are the three main themes of "The Protocols of he Elders of Zion"?
10. What is the position of Wigler and Szilard with respect to sharing information with the Germans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The United States is developing two types of atomic bombs. Compare and contrast these bombs. What are their code names?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Robert Oppenheimer's role in the making of the atomic bomb. Be sure to Include his scientific accomplishments and his role at Los Alamos. Is the bomb built without him?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Trinity and Silverplate. What are they? What is their role in the dropping of the atomic bombs? Who are the people involved?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)