|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who replaces Oppenheimer as director at Los Alamos?
2. After the dropping of the bombs, Leo Szilard leaves nuclear physics and goes into what field of study?
(d) Experimental physics.
3. Where does Emilio Segre conduct his experiments on the rate of fission in uranium and plutonium?
(a) Oak Ridge.
(d) Los Alamos.
4. Where is Site X located?
(d) New Mexico.
5. When does Russia begin work on its atomic bomb project?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Oppenheimer and his aides move to New Mexico?
2. What is Operation Barbarossa?
3. Who is the first American scientist of administrative rank to visit Britain in 1941?
4. Who is the Secretary of War in 1942?
5. When does Niels Bohr escape from Stockholm to Scotland?
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)