|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Operation Barbarossa?
(a) England's plans to invade Germany.
(b) A secret Russian physics laboratory.
(c) Germany's invasion of Russia.
(d) A secret Norwegian project to build the atomic bomb.
2. To what does the nickname Dogpatch refer?
(b) Hanford facility.
(c) Oak Ridge facility.
(d) Los Alamos.
3. Who says, "I'll tell you what war is about. You've got to kill people, and when you've killed enough, they stop fighting."
(a) Paul W. Tibbets.
(b) Curtis LeMay.
(c) Douglas MacArthur.
(d) President Truman.
4. What indispensable item does Teller and his wife bring to Los Alamos?
(a) Lab books.
(c) His experimetnal data.
(d) Grand piano.
5. Who writes "Twentieth Century Book of the Dead"?
(a) Richard Rhodes.
(b) Gil Elliot.
(d) Norman Scott.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the 1940's, the Japanese scientists researching nuclear power for propulsion switch their research to what field?
2. Who destroys the Norwegian heavy-water installation in February 1943?
3. In 1939, where is the only heavy water plant located?
4. In what state is the Hanford facility located?
5. When does Klaus Fuchs come to Los Alamos?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)