|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Averell Harriman?
(a) U.S. representative to the United Nations.
(b) A physicist.
(c) U.S. Ambassador to Moscow.
(d) An Army General in the Pacific.
2. Who replaces Oppenheimer as director at Los Alamos?
3. Where is the Trinity test site?
(a) Nevada desert.
(b) Marshall Islands.
(c) Alamogordo, New Mexico.
(d) Los Alamos, New Mexico.
4. When does the Oak Ridge pilot reactor reach critical mass?
(a) January 1944.
(b) January 1943.
(c) June 1943.
(d) November 1943.
5. Who is the chairman of the British Uranium Committee in the early 1940's?
(a) Henry Tizard.
(b) Mark Oliphant.
(c) Niels Bohr.
(d) James Conant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the crew who is training for delivering of the atomic bomb go for training with radar and flying over water?
2. Who comes up with the technical term "pile" or atomic pile?
3. Who writes "Twentieth Century Book of the Dead"?
4. Who says, "Welcome to Los Alamos, and who the devil are you?"
5. Who is the Chief of Security for Groves?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)