|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes up with the technical term "pile" or atomic pile?
2. Who creates the greatest school of theoretical physics in the United States at Berkeley, CA, in the late 1930's/early 1940's?
(a) Robert Oppenheimer.
(b) Albert Einstein.
(c) Leo Sziland.
(d) Enrico Fermi.
3. Where is the Trinity test site?
(a) Marshall Islands.
(b) Alamogordo, New Mexico.
(c) Los Alamos, New Mexico.
(d) Nevada desert.
4. Where does Emilio Segre conduct his experiments on the rate of fission in uranium and plutonium?
(b) Los Alamos.
(c) Oak Ridge.
5. What indispensable item does Teller and his wife bring to Los Alamos?
(b) Lab books.
(c) His experimetnal data.
(d) Grand piano.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Klaus Fuchs come to Los Alamos?
2. Who says, "Welcome to Los Alamos, and who the devil are you?"
3. Who drafts the historic directive releasing the atomic bomb for use?
4. Who is the pilot of the plane that drops the first atomic bomb?
5. When is the explosion of the first Russian atomic bomb?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)