|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the Oak Ridge pilot reactor reach critical mass?
(a) January 1943.
(b) November 1943.
(c) January 1944.
(d) June 1943.
2. Who creates the greatest school of theoretical physics in the United States at Berkeley, CA, in the late 1930's/early 1940's?
(a) Enrico Fermi.
(b) Albert Einstein.
(c) Leo Sziland.
(d) Robert Oppenheimer.
3. Who is Averell Harriman?
(a) U.S. representative to the United Nations.
(b) A physicist.
(c) An Army General in the Pacific.
(d) U.S. Ambassador to Moscow.
4. Who writes "Twentieth Century Book of the Dead"?
(b) Richard Rhodes.
(c) Gil Elliot.
(d) Norman Scott.
5. Who wi the pilot of the plane that drops the second atomic bomb?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Operation Barbarossa?
2. Who replaces Oppenheimer as director at Los Alamos?
3. The day after Nagasaki is bombed, where does Ernest Lawrence go?
4. When is the explosion of the first Russian atomic bomb?
5. When does Niels Bohr escape from Stockholm to Scotland?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)