|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Averell Harriman?
(a) An Army General in the Pacific.
(b) U.S. Ambassador to Moscow.
(c) A physicist.
(d) U.S. representative to the United Nations.
2. When does the first B-29 arrive in the Marianas on Saipan?
(a) October 1944.
(b) February 1945.
(c) December 1944.
(d) June 1944.
3. Who says, "Welcome to Los Alamos, and who the devil are you?"
4. When is pure plutonium extracted for the first time?
5. When does Niels Bohr escape from Stockholm to Scotland?
Short Answer Questions
1. When do the Germans surrender at Stalingrad?
2. When do the Germans invade Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg?
3. Who is the Secretary of War in 1942?
4. Where is the Trinity test site?
5. Who says,"The mission of this Allied force is fulfilled at 0241, local time, May 7, 1945"?
This section contains 145 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)