|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Captain William S. Parsons?
(a) Test pilot.
(c) Designer of the plutonium gun.
(d) Commander of the Navy at Pearl Harbor.
2. When is pure plutonium extracted for the first time?
3. What does Oppenheimer and a group of scientists name the "Super"?
(a) The anticipated hydrogen bomb.
(b) The new cyclotron.
(c) The megatron accelerator.
(d) The anticipated atomic bomb.
4. What English innovation does the author consider to be the most valuable in the war?
(a) Cavity magnetron.
(c) Heavy water.
(d) Particle accelerator.
5. Who destroys the Norwegian heavy-water installation in February 1943?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Averell Harriman?
2. What is Operation Barbarossa?
3. When does Niels Bohr escape from Stockholm to Scotland?
4. Who is the chairman of the British Uranium Committee in the early 1940's?
5. What is the name of the plane that drops the first atomic bomb?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)