|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Enrico Fermi move to Los Alamos?
(a) February 1942.
(b) June 1943.
(c) January 1944.
(d) September 1944.
2. In what state is the Hanford facility located?
(a) New Mexico.
3. Who creates the greatest school of theoretical physics in the United States at Berkeley, CA, in the late 1930's/early 1940's?
(a) Robert Oppenheimer.
(b) Leo Sziland.
(c) Enrico Fermi.
(d) Albert Einstein.
4. Who destroys the Norwegian heavy-water installation in February 1943?
5. Who is the chairman of the British Uranium Committee in the early 1940's?
(a) Niels Bohr.
(b) Henry Tizard.
(c) James Conant.
(d) Mark Oliphant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Alsos?
2. When does Klaus Fuchs come to Los Alamos?
3. After the dropping of the bombs, Leo Szilard leaves nuclear physics and goes into what field of study?
4. When does the first B-29 arrive in the Marianas on Saipan?
5. Where does the first full-scale self-sustained nuclear chain reaction occur?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)