|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes "Twentieth Century Book of the Dead"?
(a) Norman Scott.
(b) Richard Rhodes.
(d) Gil Elliot.
2. When does Niels Bohr escape from Stockholm to Scotland?
3. Who directs the physics department at the University of Birmingham, England, in 1939?
(a) Leo Szilard.
(b) Mark Oliphant.
(c) Otto Frisch.
(d) Henry Tizard.
4. Who comes up with the technical term "pile" or atomic pile?
5. Where is the Trinity test site?
(a) Marshall Islands.
(b) Nevada desert.
(c) Alamogordo, New Mexico.
(d) Los Alamos, New Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the home base for the Air Force group that is training for the delivery of the atomic bombs?
2. What is the primary target for the second atomic bomb?
3. What does Oppenheimer and a group of scientists name the "Super"?
4. When does the U.S. Uranium Committee meet to reorganize work on the atomic bomb?
5. Who is the chairman of the British Uranium Committee in the early 1940's?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)