|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Chief of Security for Groves?
(a) John Landsdale.
(b) Edward Jacobs.
(c) Howard von Alben.
(d) John Robinson.
2. When does Russia begin work on its atomic bomb project?
3. After Edward Teller becomes an American citizen and moves to Manhattan, his research involves what?
(b) A mass spectrometer.
(c) The atomic bomb.
(d) The hydrogen bomb.
4. When does President Roosevelt die?
(a) April 12, 1945.
(b) April 10, 1945.
(c) March 30, 1945.
(d) April 1, 1945.
5. What company provides contracted employees to operate the Oak Ridge facility?
(a) Eastman Kodak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who creates the greatest school of theoretical physics in the United States at Berkeley, CA, in the late 1930's/early 1940's?
2. Who is Captain William S. Parsons?
3. The day after Nagasaki is bombed, where does Ernest Lawrence go?
4. Who is Tokutaro Hagiwara?
5. What is Alsos?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)