|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What indispensable item does Teller and his wife bring to Los Alamos?
(a) Grand piano.
(c) Lab books.
(d) His experimetnal data.
2. Who is Captain William S. Parsons?
(b) Test pilot.
(c) Designer of the plutonium gun.
(d) Commander of the Navy at Pearl Harbor.
3. What company provides contracted employees to operate the Oak Ridge facility?
(c) Eastman Kodak.
4. In 1940, how long does the MAUD Committee think it takes its members to create an atomic weapon?
(a) Five years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) One year.
5. Who is the first American scientist of administrative rank to visit Britain in 1941?
(a) James Conant.
(b) Kenneth Bainbridge.
(c) Lyman Briggs.
(d) Ernest Lawrence.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does the nickname Dogpatch refer?
2. What is the NDRC?
3. After Edward Teller becomes an American citizen and moves to Manhattan, his research involves what?
4. Who says, "Welcome to Los Alamos, and who the devil are you?"
5. Where is the Trinity test site?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)