|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the Germans announce Hitler's suicide?
(a) Mary 7, 1945.
(b) May 20, 1945.
(c) May 1, 1945.
(d) April 30, 1945.
2. What does Oppenheimer and a group of scientists name the "Super"?
(a) The anticipated hydrogen bomb.
(b) The anticipated atomic bomb.
(c) The new cyclotron.
(d) The megatron accelerator.
3. Who drafts the historic directive releasing the atomic bomb for use?
4. When is pure plutonium extracted for the first time?
5. When does the Oak Ridge pilot reactor reach critical mass?
(a) November 1943.
(b) June 1943.
(c) January 1943.
(d) January 1944.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the first full-scale self-sustained nuclear chain reaction occur?
2. What is the primary target for the second atomic bomb?
3. What is Operation Barbarossa?
4. When does Enrico Fermi move to Los Alamos?
5. What is the name of the plane that drops the second atomic bomb?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)