|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the pilot of the plane that drops the first atomic bomb?
2. Who creates the greatest school of theoretical physics in the United States at Berkeley, CA, in the late 1930's/early 1940's?
(a) Enrico Fermi.
(b) Leo Sziland.
(c) Albert Einstein.
(d) Robert Oppenheimer.
3. Who directs the physics department at the University of Birmingham, England, in 1939?
(a) Mark Oliphant.
(b) Otto Frisch.
(c) Leo Szilard.
(d) Henry Tizard.
4. When does the first B-29 arrive in the Marianas on Saipan?
(a) February 1945.
(b) December 1944.
(c) June 1944.
(d) October 1944.
5. What company provides contracted employees to operate the Oak Ridge facility?
(c) Eastman Kodak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first American scientist of administrative rank to visit Britain in 1941?
2. When does Enrico Fermi move to Los Alamos?
3. What is the primary target for the second atomic bomb?
4. When do the Germans invade Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg?
5. Who comes up with the technical term "pile" or atomic pile?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)