|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does the nickname Dogpatch refer?
(a) Oak Ridge facility.
(b) Los Alamos.
(c) Hanford facility.
2. When is pure plutonium extracted for the first time?
3. Who writes "Twentieth Century Book of the Dead"?
(b) Norman Scott.
(c) Gil Elliot.
(d) Richard Rhodes.
4. What is the name of the plane that drops the first atomic bomb?
(a) Little Boy.
(b) Enola Gay.
5. Who is Captain William S. Parsons?
(a) Designer of the plutonium gun.
(c) Commander of the Navy at Pearl Harbor.
(d) Test pilot.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do the Germans invade Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg?
2. When is the explosion of the first Russian atomic bomb?
3. Where does Emilio Segre conduct his experiments on the rate of fission in uranium and plutonium?
4. Where is the Trinity test site?
5. Who is the chairman of the British Uranium Committee in the early 1940's?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)