|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who replaces Oppenheimer as director at Los Alamos?
2. When does Russia begin work on its atomic bomb project?
3. Who is the first American scientist of administrative rank to visit Britain in 1941?
(a) Kenneth Bainbridge.
(b) Ernest Lawrence.
(c) James Conant.
(d) Lyman Briggs.
4. Who is Averell Harriman?
(a) U.S. representative to the United Nations.
(b) U.S. Ambassador to Moscow.
(c) An Army General in the Pacific.
(d) A physicist.
5. Who is the Secretary of War in 1942?
Short Answer Questions
1. When do the Germans invade Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg?
2. Where is the home base for the Air Force group that is training for the delivery of the atomic bombs?
3. To what does the nickname Dogpatch refer?
4. Where is the Trinity test site?
5. When does Niels Bohr escape from Stockholm to Scotland?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)