|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the dropping of the bombs, Leo Szilard leaves nuclear physics and goes into what field of study?
(c) Experimental physics.
2. In the 1940's, the Japanese scientists researching nuclear power for propulsion switch their research to what field?
(d) Atomic bomb.
3. Who creates the greatest school of theoretical physics in the United States at Berkeley, CA, in the late 1930's/early 1940's?
(a) Albert Einstein.
(b) Enrico Fermi.
(c) Leo Sziland.
(d) Robert Oppenheimer.
4. When do the Germans surrender at Stalingrad?
5. Who is Captain William S. Parsons?
(a) Designer of the plutonium gun.
(c) Commander of the Navy at Pearl Harbor.
(d) Test pilot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Site X located?
2. When do the Germans invade Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg?
3. Who directs the physics department at the University of Birmingham, England, in 1939?
4. What is Operation Barbarossa?
5. Where does Operation Forager take place?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)