|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the Oak Ridge pilot reactor reach critical mass?
(a) January 1944.
(b) June 1943.
(c) January 1943.
(d) November 1943.
2. What company provides contracted employees to operate the Oak Ridge facility?
(b) Eastman Kodak.
3. Who creates the greatest school of theoretical physics in the United States at Berkeley, CA, in the late 1930's/early 1940's?
(a) Albert Einstein.
(b) Enrico Fermi.
(c) Robert Oppenheimer.
(d) Leo Sziland.
4. What is the name of the plane that drops the first atomic bomb?
(b) Little Boy.
(d) Enola Gay.
5. Who comes up with the technical term "pile" or atomic pile?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says,"The mission of this Allied force is fulfilled at 0241, local time, May 7, 1945"?
2. When does Enrico Fermi move to Los Alamos?
3. Who is the pilot of the plane that drops the first atomic bomb?
4. After the dropping of the bombs, Leo Szilard leaves nuclear physics and goes into what field of study?
5. In what state is the Hanford facility located?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)