|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the Germans invade Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg?
(a) May, 1940.
(b) January, 1939.
(c) June, 1939.
(d) February, 1940.
2. When does the U.S. Uranium Committee meet to reorganize work on the atomic bomb?
(a) December 6, 1941.
(b) November 30, 1941.
(c) November 6, 1941.
(d) December 7, 1941.
3. To what does the nickname Dogpatch refer?
(a) Oak Ridge facility.
(b) Hanford facility.
(c) Los Alamos.
4. After the dropping of the bombs, Leo Szilard leaves nuclear physics and goes into what field of study?
(d) Experimental physics.
5. Who is Tokutaro Hagiwara?
(a) A Japanese physicist.
(b) An American nuclear physicist.
(c) A British physicist.
(d) A Japanese diplomat.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the explosion of the first Russian atomic bomb?
2. Who wi the pilot of the plane that drops the second atomic bomb?
3. When does Niels Bohr escape from Stockholm to Scotland?
4. What indispensable item does Teller and his wife bring to Los Alamos?
5. Who is assigned to find the Trinity test site?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)