|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who drafts the historic directive releasing the atomic bomb for use?
2. What is the NDRC?
(a) The Nordic Data Review Committee.
(b) The National Defense Research Council.
(c) The National Defense Review Committee.
(d) The Nuclear Department of Research and Concern.
3. Who writes "Twentieth Century Book of the Dead"?
(b) Richard Rhodes.
(c) Gil Elliot.
(d) Norman Scott.
4. When does the U.S. learn that Klaus Fuchs is a Russian spy?
(a) January 1948.
(b) December 1945.
(c) February 1950.
(d) March 1955.
5. When does the U.S. Uranium Committee meet to reorganize work on the atomic bomb?
(a) November 6, 1941.
(b) November 30, 1941.
(c) December 7, 1941.
(d) December 6, 1941.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is pure plutonium extracted for the first time?
2. What does Oppenheimer and a group of scientists name the "Super"?
3. Where does the first full-scale self-sustained nuclear chain reaction occur?
4. When does Niels Bohr escape from Stockholm to Scotland?
5. Who says, "I'll tell you what war is about. You've got to kill people, and when you've killed enough, they stop fighting."
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)