|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reorganizes the Hungarian school system along German lines?
(a) Mor Karman.
(b) Eugene Wigner.
(c) Michael Polanyi.
(d) Von Neumann.
2. Who teaches Bohr about radiochemistry?
(a) Eugene Wigner.
(b) George de Hevesy.
(c) Ernest Rutherford.
(d) John Karman.
3. Who gets Enrico Fermi a meeting with Admiral Hooper, the Undersecretary of the Navy?
(a) Leo Szilard.
(b) Andrew Lawrence.
(c) Vannevar Bush.
(d) George Pegram.
4. When does the Allied campaign at the Turkish Gallipoli Peninsula begin?
5. What two scientists are known to work together on gas warfare in German-occupied Brussels?
(a) Hahn and Haber.
(b) Darwin and Meitner.
(c) Hahn and Darwin.
(d) Haber and Meitner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Queen Victoria of England's oldest grandson?
2. Who confirms the existence of a neutron?
3. Who does Enrico Fermi marry?
4. When are the Kaiser Wilhelm Institutes in Berlin dedicated?
5. Ernest Rutherford moves from New Zealand to where?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is the center for experimental physics after World War I?
2. What patent does Leo Szilard apply for in 1934 and where?
3. Why is Mor Karman famous?
4. What are the three main themes of "The Protocols of he Elders of Zion"?
5. Why does Bohr win the 1922 Nobel prize?
6. When Szilard enrolls in the University of Berlin, the physics faculty includes three Nobel Laureates in physics. Who are two of these three and what is one scientific discovery they are famous for?
7. Why does Lise Meitner leave Austria and go to Copenhagen?
8. President Roosevelt wants policy considerations regarding the making of the atomic bomb limited to the "Top Policy Group". Who is in this group and who is excluded?
9. Why is the discovery of the neutron important?
10. What is the difference between the atomic model of classical physics and Rutherford's model?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)