|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Isador Isaac Rabi become a Nobel laureate in physics?
2. What is Theordor von Karman's area of study?
(a) Experimental physics.
(b) Aeronautical physics.
(c) Quantum mechanics.
(d) Theoretical physics.
3. When are the Kaiser Wilhelm Institutes in Berlin dedicated?
4. What does Max Planck discover?
(a) A universal constant.
(b) The atom.
(c) The neutron.
(d) Home refrigeration theory.
5. Bohr sets out the order of elements on the periodic table based on what part of the atom?
Short Answer Questions
1. What element does Enrico Fermi and his team begin to experiment with?
2. What theory or principle does Albert Einstein not accept?
3. By 1920, Jews make up what percent of Hungary's financiers?
4. When does de Hevesy's entire family become ennobled?
5. Who is Alexander Sachs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the topic for the seventh Solvay Conference in Brussels in 1933 and what is its relationship to George Gamow?
2. What is the German Kristallnacht?
3. What is Bohr's relationship to the period table?
4. What is Chaim Weizmann's discovery that helps the British war effort?
5. When Szilard enrolls in the University of Berlin, the physics faculty includes three Nobel Laureates in physics. Who are two of these three and what is one scientific discovery they are famous for?
6. What two scientists come to Berkeley in 1928-1929 and what do they develop?
7. What project is code named Mike and where is it designed and tested?
8. What is the Joliot-Curies discovery that contributes to the scientific knowledge about radioactivity?
9. What is the MAUD committee?
10. Where is the center for experimental physics after World War I?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)