|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does Frisch use to prove the nucleus splits?
(a) Accelerator tube.
(b) Bubble chamber.
(d) Cloud chamber.
2. What religion is Enrico Fermi?
3. Under whom is the German fission research consolidated?
(a) Hans Geiger.
(b) Otto Hahn.
(c) The Kaiser Wilhelm Institute.
(d) The War Office.
4. Who does Enrico Fermi team with to separate iodine isotopes?
(a) T.A. Chalmers.
(b) Patrick Blacket.
(c) Ernest Lawrence.
(d) Lisa Meitner.
5. Who provides Lise Meitner a grant to continue experimenting?
(a) Lewis Strauss.
(b) Nobel Foundation.
(c) Princeton Foundation.
(d) Neils Bohr.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Leo Szilard ask the Uranium Committee for?
2. What Russian-Jewish biochemist is later elected first president of Israel?
3. When does Bohr receive his Ph.D.?
4. Who is Queen Victoria of England's oldest grandson?
5. Where does Leo Szilard study engineering?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does President Roosevelt authenticate his decision to expedite the research of the atomic bomb?
2. What city does General Groves remove from the target list for the atomic bomb and why?
3. What is the difference between the atomic model of classical physics and Rutherford's model?
4. What is Albert Einstein's role in the initial contact between the nuclear scientists and President Roosevelt?
5. In 1939-1940, what does Robert Oppenheimer do that makes Robert Oppenheimer a true genius in the eyes of the author?
6. What project is code named Mike and where is it designed and tested?
7. What patent does Leo Szilard apply for in 1934 and where?
8. What is the "Pale of Settlement"?
9. Who is Fritz Haber and how does his wife die?
10. Who suggests the existence of the neutron and who works with him to prove it?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)