|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bohr announce at a Washington conference in 1939?
(a) The existence of protons.
(b) A neutron can split uranium.
(c) His retirement.
(d) The plans for an atomic bomb.
2. When does Ernest Lawrence win the Nobel Prize in Physics for producing a working model of the cyclotron?
3. When does Bohr receive his Ph.D.?
4. Who is the financial mainstay of pioneering Jewish settlements in Palestine when World War I begins?
(a) David Lloyd George.
(b) Andrew Carnegie.
(c) J.P. Morgan.
(d) Edmond de Rothchild.
5. How long does Lawrence calculate the size of the tube he needs?
(a) 100 yards.
(b) 100 feet.
(c) 1 mile.
(d) 2 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who discovers X-rays?
2. Who recruits Bohr for research in in radioactivity in Manchester?
3. What does Chaim Weizmann discover that helps the war effort?
4. How old is Hitler when he comes to power?
5. What theory or principle does Albert Einstein not accept?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Bohr's relationship to the period table?
2. Where is the center for experimental physics after World War I?
3. What is the character of Budapest in the early 1900's?
4. What are the three main themes of "The Protocols of he Elders of Zion"?
5. How does Bohr's memorandum regarding the nuclear arms race to come and the post nuclear war get to President Roosevelt?
6. What is the difference between the atomic model of classical physics and Rutherford's model?
7. What is the attitude of German physicists to Albert Einstein around 1919?
8. Why is Mor Karman famous?
9. What is Oppenheimer's "Los Alamos Primer"?
10. Who produces the first controlled nuclear fission reaction and where and when does it take place?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)