|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Enrico Fermi marry?
(a) Laura Capon.
(b) Julian Carian.
(c) Anna Toble.
(d) Maria Karenina.
2. Who does Enrico Fermi team with to separate iodine isotopes?
(a) Patrick Blacket.
(b) T.A. Chalmers.
(c) Lisa Meitner.
(d) Ernest Lawrence.
3. When does the Allied campaign at the Turkish Gallipoli Peninsula begin?
4. What does Frisch call the division process of the nucleus?
5. What religion is Enrico Fermi?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who recruits Bohr for research in in radioactivity in Manchester?
2. Who is the author of "Mein Kempf"?
3. How old is Hitler when he comes to power?
4. How does Hans Bethe learn of his dismissal from Tubingen University?
5. What kind of planes does Germany use to bomb England?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Manhattan Project?
2. What patent does Leo Szilard apply for in 1934 and where?
3. Who is Vannevar Bush and what is his initial opinion of chain-reaction experiments in 1939?
4. Who is Fritz Haber and how does his wife die?
5. What is the position of Wigler and Szilard with respect to sharing information with the Germans?
6. What is the MAUD committee?
7. What is the topic for the seventh Solvay Conference in Brussels in 1933 and what is its relationship to George Gamow?
8. What is the character of Budapest in the early 1900's?
9. Who are referred to as the "Men from Mars" in the title of Chapter Five and why? You do not have to name them.
10. Why do the Jewish Hungarian scientists leave Hungary?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)