|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What indispensable item does Teller and his wife bring to Los Alamos?
(a) His experimetnal data.
(c) Grand piano.
(d) Lab books.
2. Who destroys the Norwegian heavy-water installation in February 1943?
3. The day after Nagasaki is bombed, where does Ernest Lawrence go?
(a) New Mexico.
(b) Washington, DC.
4. When do the Germans surrender at Stalingrad?
5. Who is assigned to find the Trinity test site?
6. Who is Tokutaro Hagiwara?
(a) A British physicist.
(b) A Japanese physicist.
(c) A Japanese diplomat.
(d) An American nuclear physicist.
7. What is Operation Barbarossa?
(a) England's plans to invade Germany.
(b) A secret Russian physics laboratory.
(c) A secret Norwegian project to build the atomic bomb.
(d) Germany's invasion of Russia.
8. When does the first B-29 arrive in the Marianas on Saipan?
(a) October 1944.
(b) February 1945.
(c) December 1944.
(d) June 1944.
9. Where does Operation Forager take place?
(b) United States.
(d) The Pacific.
10. When does the U.S. Uranium Committee meet to reorganize work on the atomic bomb?
(a) December 7, 1941.
(b) November 6, 1941.
(c) November 30, 1941.
(d) December 6, 1941.
11. When does Russia begin work on its atomic bomb project?
12. Who is the chairman of the British Uranium Committee in the early 1940's?
(a) Mark Oliphant.
(b) James Conant.
(c) Henry Tizard.
(d) Niels Bohr.
13. When do the Germans invade Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg?
(a) February, 1940.
(b) January, 1939.
(c) June, 1939.
(d) May, 1940.
14. Who is the Secretary of War in 1942?
15. When does President Roosevelt die?
(a) April 12, 1945.
(b) April 10, 1945.
(c) March 30, 1945.
(d) April 1, 1945.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who directs the physics department at the University of Birmingham, England, in 1939?
2. When does the U.S. learn that Klaus Fuchs is a Russian spy?
3. When does Oppenheimer and his aides move to New Mexico?
4. Where is Site X located?
5. Who creates the greatest school of theoretical physics in the United States at Berkeley, CA, in the late 1930's/early 1940's?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)