|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the pilot of the plane that drops the first atomic bomb?
2. When does President Roosevelt die?
(a) April 12, 1945.
(b) April 10, 1945.
(c) April 1, 1945.
(d) March 30, 1945.
3. When does Oppenheimer and his aides move to New Mexico?
4. What does Oppenheimer and a group of scientists name the "Super"?
(a) The anticipated atomic bomb.
(b) The anticipated hydrogen bomb.
(c) The megatron accelerator.
(d) The new cyclotron.
5. After the dropping of the bombs, Leo Szilard leaves nuclear physics and goes into what field of study?
(c) Experimental physics.
6. Who writes "Twentieth Century Book of the Dead"?
(a) Gil Elliot.
(c) Norman Scott.
(d) Richard Rhodes.
7. When does the U.S. learn that Klaus Fuchs is a Russian spy?
(a) February 1950.
(b) January 1948.
(c) March 1955.
(d) December 1945.
8. What is the primary target for the second atomic bomb?
9. Where does Emilio Segre conduct his experiments on the rate of fission in uranium and plutonium?
(b) Los Alamos.
(d) Oak Ridge.
10. Who says, "Welcome to Los Alamos, and who the devil are you?"
11. What is Alsos?
(a) A nickname for Los Alamos.
(b) The American League for Southern Officers.
(c) A security unit established by Groves.
(d) The American League Sons of Soldiers.
12. When is the explosion of the first Russian atomic bomb?
13. Who is Captain William S. Parsons?
(a) Commander of the Navy at Pearl Harbor.
(b) Designer of the plutonium gun.
(d) Test pilot.
14. Who is the chairman of the British Uranium Committee in the early 1940's?
(a) James Conant.
(b) Niels Bohr.
(c) Mark Oliphant.
(d) Henry Tizard.
15. When do the Germans invade Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg?
(a) January, 1939.
(b) May, 1940.
(c) February, 1940.
(d) June, 1939.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the Oak Ridge pilot reactor reach critical mass?
2. Who wi the pilot of the plane that drops the second atomic bomb?
3. When is pure plutonium extracted for the first time?
4. When does Enrico Fermi move to Los Alamos?
5. Where does Operation Forager take place?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)