Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the Germans announce Hitler's suicide?
(a) Mary 7, 1945.
(b) May 1, 1945.
(c) May 20, 1945.
(d) April 30, 1945.
2. Where does Emilio Segre conduct his experiments on the rate of fission in uranium and plutonium?
(c) Oak Ridge.
(d) Los Alamos.
3. When does Niels Bohr escape from Stockholm to Scotland?
4. Who says, "I'll tell you what war is about. You've got to kill people, and when you've killed enough, they stop fighting."
(a) Douglas MacArthur.
(b) Paul W. Tibbets.
(c) Curtis LeMay.
(d) President Truman.
5. When does the U.S. learn that Klaus Fuchs is a Russian spy?
(a) February 1950.
(b) December 1945.
(c) January 1948.
(d) March 1955.
6. Who says, "Welcome to Los Alamos, and who the devil are you?"
7. When does Klaus Fuchs come to Los Alamos?
8. Where is Site X located?
(b) New Mexico.
9. When does Enrico Fermi move to Los Alamos?
(a) January 1944.
(b) February 1942.
(c) June 1943.
(d) September 1944.
10. Where is the Trinity test site?
(a) Marshall Islands.
(b) Alamogordo, New Mexico.
(c) Los Alamos, New Mexico.
(d) Nevada desert.
11. Where does the crew who is training for delivering of the atomic bomb go for training with radar and flying over water?
(b) Marshall Islands.
12. When does Russia begin work on its atomic bomb project?
13. After the dropping of the bombs, Leo Szilard leaves nuclear physics and goes into what field of study?
(b) Experimental physics.
14. Who is the first American scientist of administrative rank to visit Britain in 1941?
(a) Lyman Briggs.
(b) James Conant.
(c) Ernest Lawrence.
(d) Kenneth Bainbridge.
15. When does the U.S. Uranium Committee meet to reorganize work on the atomic bomb?
(a) November 30, 1941.
(b) November 6, 1941.
(c) December 6, 1941.
(d) December 7, 1941.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is assigned to find the Trinity test site?
2. What does Oppenheimer and a group of scientists name the "Super"?
3. After Edward Teller becomes an American citizen and moves to Manhattan, his research involves what?
4. Where is the home base for the Air Force group that is training for the delivery of the atomic bombs?
5. Who writes "Twentieth Century Book of the Dead"?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)