|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Alsos?
(a) The American League Sons of Soldiers.
(b) A nickname for Los Alamos.
(c) The American League for Southern Officers.
(d) A security unit established by Groves.
2. The day after Nagasaki is bombed, where does Ernest Lawrence go?
(a) Washington, DC.
(c) New Mexico.
3. Who says, "I'll tell you what war is about. You've got to kill people, and when you've killed enough, they stop fighting."
(a) Curtis LeMay.
(b) President Truman.
(c) Paul W. Tibbets.
(d) Douglas MacArthur.
4. In what state is the Hanford facility located?
(a) New Mexico.
5. Who is the pilot of the plane that drops the first atomic bomb?
6. Who is Tokutaro Hagiwara?
(a) A Japanese physicist.
(b) A British physicist.
(c) An American nuclear physicist.
(d) A Japanese diplomat.
7. When does Enrico Fermi move to Los Alamos?
(a) June 1943.
(b) January 1944.
(c) February 1942.
(d) September 1944.
8. Where does Operation Forager take place?
(a) United States.
(b) The Pacific.
9. When do the Germans surrender at Stalingrad?
10. After Edward Teller becomes an American citizen and moves to Manhattan, his research involves what?
(a) The hydrogen bomb.
(b) A mass spectrometer.
(d) The atomic bomb.
11. When do the Germans invade Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg?
(a) May, 1940.
(b) January, 1939.
(c) February, 1940.
(d) June, 1939.
12. Who is the chairman of the British Uranium Committee in the early 1940's?
(a) Niels Bohr.
(b) Henry Tizard.
(c) James Conant.
(d) Mark Oliphant.
13. Where does the first full-scale self-sustained nuclear chain reaction occur?
(c) Los Alamos.
14. In 1940, how long does the MAUD Committee think it takes its members to create an atomic weapon?
(a) Five years.
(b) One year.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Three years.
15. In the 1940's, the Japanese scientists researching nuclear power for propulsion switch their research to what field?
(a) Atomic bomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the home base for the Air Force group that is training for the delivery of the atomic bombs?
2. Who destroys the Norwegian heavy-water installation in February 1943?
3. Who is the Secretary of War in 1942?
4. Where is the Trinity test site?
5. Who wi the pilot of the plane that drops the second atomic bomb?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)