|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Oppenheimer and his aides move to New Mexico?
2. In 1939, where is the only heavy water plant located?
(b) United States.
3. What is Operation Barbarossa?
(a) A secret Russian physics laboratory.
(b) Germany's invasion of Russia.
(c) A secret Norwegian project to build the atomic bomb.
(d) England's plans to invade Germany.
4. When does Russia begin work on its atomic bomb project?
5. When does President Roosevelt die?
(a) April 1, 1945.
(b) April 10, 1945.
(c) April 12, 1945.
(d) March 30, 1945.
6. Who is Captain William S. Parsons?
(b) Test pilot.
(c) Commander of the Navy at Pearl Harbor.
(d) Designer of the plutonium gun.
7. What is the NDRC?
(a) The Nordic Data Review Committee.
(b) The National Defense Review Committee.
(c) The National Defense Research Council.
(d) The Nuclear Department of Research and Concern.
8. When does Klaus Fuchs come to Los Alamos?
9. Who wi the pilot of the plane that drops the second atomic bomb?
10. When does the first B-29 arrive in the Marianas on Saipan?
(a) October 1944.
(b) December 1944.
(c) February 1945.
(d) June 1944.
11. Where does Emilio Segre conduct his experiments on the rate of fission in uranium and plutonium?
(c) Oak Ridge.
(d) Los Alamos.
12. What does Oppenheimer and a group of scientists name the "Super"?
(a) The anticipated atomic bomb.
(b) The anticipated hydrogen bomb.
(c) The new cyclotron.
(d) The megatron accelerator.
13. What is the primary target for the second atomic bomb?
14. Where is the Trinity test site?
(a) Los Alamos, New Mexico.
(b) Marshall Islands.
(c) Alamogordo, New Mexico.
(d) Nevada desert.
15. Who is the Chief of Security for Groves?
(a) Edward Jacobs.
(b) John Landsdale.
(c) John Robinson.
(d) Howard von Alben.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first American scientist of administrative rank to visit Britain in 1941?
2. Who says, "Welcome to Los Alamos, and who the devil are you?"
3. The day after Nagasaki is bombed, where does Ernest Lawrence go?
4. When does Enrico Fermi move to Los Alamos?
5. Who is the Secretary of War in 1942?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)