|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the first B-29 arrive in the Marianas on Saipan?
(a) October 1944.
(b) June 1944.
(c) December 1944.
(d) February 1945.
2. When does the U.S. Uranium Committee meet to reorganize work on the atomic bomb?
(a) November 6, 1941.
(b) November 30, 1941.
(c) December 7, 1941.
(d) December 6, 1941.
3. In 1939, where is the only heavy water plant located?
(c) United States.
4. When do the Germans invade Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg?
(a) June, 1939.
(b) May, 1940.
(c) January, 1939.
(d) February, 1940.
5. Who is Tokutaro Hagiwara?
(a) A Japanese diplomat.
(b) A British physicist.
(c) An American nuclear physicist.
(d) A Japanese physicist.
6. When is the explosion of the first Russian atomic bomb?
7. What is the primary target for the second atomic bomb?
8. Who replaces Oppenheimer as director at Los Alamos?
9. When does Niels Bohr escape from Stockholm to Scotland?
10. Who wi the pilot of the plane that drops the second atomic bomb?
11. When does Klaus Fuchs come to Los Alamos?
12. In the 1940's, the Japanese scientists researching nuclear power for propulsion switch their research to what field?
(c) Atomic bomb.
13. Who is the pilot of the plane that drops the first atomic bomb?
14. When do the Germans surrender at Stalingrad?
15. Who says,"The mission of this Allied force is fulfilled at 0241, local time, May 7, 1945"?
(a) President Truman.
(b) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
(c) Douglas MacArthur.
(d) George Marshall.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Enrico Fermi move to Los Alamos?
2. After Edward Teller becomes an American citizen and moves to Manhattan, his research involves what?
3. Where is Site X located?
4. Who says, "Welcome to Los Alamos, and who the devil are you?"
5. Who says, "I'll tell you what war is about. You've got to kill people, and when you've killed enough, they stop fighting."
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)