|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the home base for the Air Force group that is training for the delivery of the atomic bombs?
(b) New Mexico.
2. Who writes "Twentieth Century Book of the Dead"?
(b) Norman Scott.
(c) Gil Elliot.
(d) Richard Rhodes.
3. Who is the Secretary of War in 1942?
4. Who says, "I'll tell you what war is about. You've got to kill people, and when you've killed enough, they stop fighting."
(a) Douglas MacArthur.
(b) President Truman.
(c) Curtis LeMay.
(d) Paul W. Tibbets.
5. Who is the first American scientist of administrative rank to visit Britain in 1941?
(a) Kenneth Bainbridge.
(b) Lyman Briggs.
(c) James Conant.
(d) Ernest Lawrence.
6. What indispensable item does Teller and his wife bring to Los Alamos?
(b) Grand piano.
(c) Lab books.
(d) His experimetnal data.
7. In 1940, how long does the MAUD Committee think it takes its members to create an atomic weapon?
(a) One year.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Five years.
8. Who is Tokutaro Hagiwara?
(a) A Japanese physicist.
(b) A Japanese diplomat.
(c) A British physicist.
(d) An American nuclear physicist.
9. What is the name of the plane that drops the second atomic bomb?
(a) Number Two.
(b) Orange Pumpkin.
(c) Bock's Car.
(d) Fat Man.
10. When does President Roosevelt die?
(a) April 12, 1945.
(b) April 10, 1945.
(c) March 30, 1945.
(d) April 1, 1945.
11. Who destroys the Norwegian heavy-water installation in February 1943?
12. What is the NDRC?
(a) The Nordic Data Review Committee.
(b) The National Defense Review Committee.
(c) The National Defense Research Council.
(d) The Nuclear Department of Research and Concern.
13. Where is Site X located?
(b) New Mexico.
14. What is Operation Barbarossa?
(a) Germany's invasion of Russia.
(b) England's plans to invade Germany.
(c) A secret Russian physics laboratory.
(d) A secret Norwegian project to build the atomic bomb.
15. What is the primary target for the second atomic bomb?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Oppenheimer and his aides move to New Mexico?
2. Where does Operation Forager take place?
3. Who is the chairman of the British Uranium Committee in the early 1940's?
4. When does the U.S. learn that Klaus Fuchs is a Russian spy?
5. What does Oppenheimer and a group of scientists name the "Super"?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)