|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who destroys the Norwegian heavy-water installation in February 1943?
2. When does Niels Bohr escape from Stockholm to Scotland?
3. What is the name of the plane that drops the second atomic bomb?
(a) Fat Man.
(b) Orange Pumpkin.
(c) Bock's Car.
(d) Number Two.
4. Who drafts the historic directive releasing the atomic bomb for use?
5. When does the U.S. learn that Klaus Fuchs is a Russian spy?
(a) February 1950.
(b) March 1955.
(c) December 1945.
(d) January 1948.
6. When does President Roosevelt die?
(a) April 12, 1945.
(b) April 1, 1945.
(c) March 30, 1945.
(d) April 10, 1945.
7. Where does Operation Forager take place?
(a) The Pacific.
(d) United States.
8. When does Oppenheimer and his aides move to New Mexico?
9. Who says,"The mission of this Allied force is fulfilled at 0241, local time, May 7, 1945"?
(a) George Marshall.
(b) Douglas MacArthur.
(c) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
(d) President Truman.
10. What English innovation does the author consider to be the most valuable in the war?
(b) Cavity magnetron.
(c) Particle accelerator.
(d) Heavy water.
11. When does Klaus Fuchs come to Los Alamos?
12. What indispensable item does Teller and his wife bring to Los Alamos?
(a) Grand piano.
(b) His experimetnal data.
(d) Lab books.
13. Who is Tokutaro Hagiwara?
(a) An American nuclear physicist.
(b) A Japanese physicist.
(c) A Japanese diplomat.
(d) A British physicist.
14. Where is Site X located?
(b) New Mexico.
15. Where is the home base for the Air Force group that is training for the delivery of the atomic bombs?
(c) New Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do the Germans announce Hitler's suicide?
2. Who is the Chief of Security for Groves?
3. Who is Captain William S. Parsons?
4. What is the primary target for the second atomic bomb?
5. When is pure plutonium extracted for the first time?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)