|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The day after Nagasaki is bombed, where does Ernest Lawrence go?
(b) New Mexico.
(c) Washington, DC.
2. Where is Site X located?
(a) New Mexico.
3. When does the first B-29 arrive in the Marianas on Saipan?
(a) June 1944.
(b) December 1944.
(c) October 1944.
(d) February 1945.
4. In what state is the Hanford facility located?
(c) New Mexico.
5. What English innovation does the author consider to be the most valuable in the war?
(a) Particle accelerator.
(c) Heavy water.
(d) Cavity magnetron.
6. Who drafts the historic directive releasing the atomic bomb for use?
7. In 1940, how long does the MAUD Committee think it takes its members to create an atomic weapon?
(a) Three years.
(b) One year.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Five years.
8. Who wi the pilot of the plane that drops the second atomic bomb?
9. What is the NDRC?
(a) The Nordic Data Review Committee.
(b) The National Defense Review Committee.
(c) The Nuclear Department of Research and Concern.
(d) The National Defense Research Council.
10. Who is the chairman of the British Uranium Committee in the early 1940's?
(a) Mark Oliphant.
(b) Henry Tizard.
(c) James Conant.
(d) Niels Bohr.
11. What is the name of the plane that drops the first atomic bomb?
(a) Enola Gay.
(d) Little Boy.
12. When does Oppenheimer and his aides move to New Mexico?
13. Who is assigned to find the Trinity test site?
14. To what does the nickname Dogpatch refer?
(a) Oak Ridge facility.
(c) Los Alamos.
(d) Hanford facility.
15. Who is the Secretary of War in 1942?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes "Twentieth Century Book of the Dead"?
2. Who comes up with the technical term "pile" or atomic pile?
3. Where is the Trinity test site?
4. Who is Tokutaro Hagiwara?
5. What indispensable item does Teller and his wife bring to Los Alamos?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)