|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the chairman of the British Uranium Committee in the early 1940's?
(a) Henry Tizard.
(b) Niels Bohr.
(c) James Conant.
(d) Mark Oliphant.
2. What is the name of the plane that drops the first atomic bomb?
(a) Little Boy.
(c) Enola Gay.
3. In what state is the Hanford facility located?
(d) New Mexico.
4. To what does the nickname Dogpatch refer?
(a) Hanford facility.
(b) Oak Ridge facility.
(d) Los Alamos.
5. When does Niels Bohr escape from Stockholm to Scotland?
6. Who wi the pilot of the plane that drops the second atomic bomb?
7. When does President Roosevelt die?
(a) March 30, 1945.
(b) April 1, 1945.
(c) April 10, 1945.
(d) April 12, 1945.
8. Where does the first full-scale self-sustained nuclear chain reaction occur?
(b) Los Alamos.
9. When does the U.S. learn that Klaus Fuchs is a Russian spy?
(a) December 1945.
(b) February 1950.
(c) March 1955.
(d) January 1948.
10. Who is the first American scientist of administrative rank to visit Britain in 1941?
(a) Kenneth Bainbridge.
(b) James Conant.
(c) Ernest Lawrence.
(d) Lyman Briggs.
11. What does Oppenheimer and a group of scientists name the "Super"?
(a) The anticipated atomic bomb.
(b) The megatron accelerator.
(c) The anticipated hydrogen bomb.
(d) The new cyclotron.
12. When do the Germans announce Hitler's suicide?
(a) April 30, 1945.
(b) May 20, 1945.
(c) May 1, 1945.
(d) Mary 7, 1945.
13. Where does the crew who is training for delivering of the atomic bomb go for training with radar and flying over water?
(c) Marshall Islands.
14. When does the Oak Ridge pilot reactor reach critical mass?
(a) June 1943.
(b) January 1943.
(c) November 1943.
(d) January 1944.
15. In 1939, where is the only heavy water plant located?
(d) United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Enrico Fermi move to Los Alamos?
2. Who is Averell Harriman?
3. Who is the pilot of the plane that drops the first atomic bomb?
4. When is the explosion of the first Russian atomic bomb?
5. What is Operation Barbarossa?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)