|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Niels Bohr escape from Stockholm to Scotland?
2. Who is the Chief of Security for Groves?
(a) Howard von Alben.
(b) John Landsdale.
(c) John Robinson.
(d) Edward Jacobs.
3. Who is the chairman of the British Uranium Committee in the early 1940's?
(a) Niels Bohr.
(b) James Conant.
(c) Mark Oliphant.
(d) Henry Tizard.
4. When does the first B-29 arrive in the Marianas on Saipan?
(a) February 1945.
(b) December 1944.
(c) June 1944.
(d) October 1944.
5. Where does Operation Forager take place?
(a) The Pacific.
(c) United States.
6. Who directs the physics department at the University of Birmingham, England, in 1939?
(a) Leo Szilard.
(b) Mark Oliphant.
(c) Henry Tizard.
(d) Otto Frisch.
7. When does Oppenheimer and his aides move to New Mexico?
8. Who replaces Oppenheimer as director at Los Alamos?
9. Who is Captain William S. Parsons?
(a) Commander of the Navy at Pearl Harbor.
(c) Designer of the plutonium gun.
(d) Test pilot.
10. When do the Germans surrender at Stalingrad?
11. When does Enrico Fermi move to Los Alamos?
(a) June 1943.
(b) January 1944.
(c) February 1942.
(d) September 1944.
12. What is Operation Barbarossa?
(a) A secret Norwegian project to build the atomic bomb.
(b) Germany's invasion of Russia.
(c) A secret Russian physics laboratory.
(d) England's plans to invade Germany.
13. In what state is the Hanford facility located?
(c) New Mexico.
14. Who says,"The mission of this Allied force is fulfilled at 0241, local time, May 7, 1945"?
(a) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
(b) President Truman.
(c) George Marshall.
(d) Douglas MacArthur.
15. When does the U.S. learn that Klaus Fuchs is a Russian spy?
(a) March 1955.
(b) February 1950.
(c) December 1945.
(d) January 1948.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do the Germans invade Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg?
2. Who is Tokutaro Hagiwara?
3. When does the U.S. Uranium Committee meet to reorganize work on the atomic bomb?
4. When does Russia begin work on its atomic bomb project?
5. What is the primary target for the second atomic bomb?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)