|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Frisch's parents go to live after his father is released from concentration camp?
2. Why is Yehudi Menuhim famous?
(a) He is a child prodigy violinist.
(b) He discovers uranium.
(c) He is a child prodigy mathematician.
(d) He writes a book.
3. How many patents does Szilard apply for in Germany between 1924 and 1934?
4. Who envisions atoms as small billiard balls?
(a) Isaac Newton.
(b) Leo Szilard.
(c) Ernest Lawrence.
(d) Max von Laue.
5. The title of this chapter comes from what philosopher's writings?
6. Who is Alexander Sachs?
(a) A financier.
(b) A scientist.
(c) A professor.
(d) A personal friend of Roosevelt.
7. Approximately how many wealthy Jewish men do the Germans send to concentration camps during the German Kristallnacht?
8. When does Robert Oppenheimer come to Berkeley?
9. When does the Allied campaign at the Turkish Gallipoli Peninsula begin?
10. When does Ernest Lawrence win the Nobel Prize in Physics for producing a working model of the cyclotron?
11. Where does John von Neumann go in 1930 when he leaves Germany?
12. What is the subject of the patent Leo Szilard gives to Lewis Strass as a memorial to Strauss' parents?
(a) Production of radioactive cobalt.
(b) Solar energy.
(c) Nucelar chain reaction.
13. When does de Hevesy's entire family become ennobled?
14. About how many refugee physicists go the United States between 1933 and 1941?
15. What does "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion" advocate?
(a) The earlier education of child prodigies.
(b) The destruction of the Jews.
(c) The destruction of Arians.
(d) The founding of a Jewish homeland.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Leo Szilard ask the Uranium Committee for?
2. In 1910, Jews make up what percent of the Hungarian population?
3. What is the name of Bohr's wife?
4. What Russian-Jewish biochemist is later elected first president of Israel?
5. What is Einstein's second wife's name?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)