|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What theory or principle does Albert Einstein not accept?
(a) The uncertainty principle.
(b) The relativity theory.
(d) Quantum mechanics.
2. Who heads the Academic Assistance Council in the 1930's?
(a) John Maynard Keynes.
(b) Ernest Rutherford.
(c) Kurt Mendelssohn.
(d) Niels Bohr.
3. In the early 1900s, Budapest is the first European city to have what mode of transportation?
4. What does Bohr announce at a Washington conference in 1939?
(a) The existence of protons.
(b) The plans for an atomic bomb.
(c) A neutron can split uranium.
(d) His retirement.
5. Why do the Jewish scientists leave Hungary?
(a) Because of increasingly violent anti-Semitism.
(b) Because they want to go to Israel.
(c) Because they want to find better schooling.
(d) Because of family.
6. Ernest Rutherford moves from New Zealand to where?
7. What element does Enrico Fermi and his team begin to experiment with?
8. A part of what country does Neville Chamberlain and Hitler agree should be ceded to Germany?
9. When does the first meeting of the U.S. Advisory Committee on Uranium meet?
10. What is the specific topic of Bohr's controversial paper in 1913?
(a) Quantam theory.
(c) Atomic bomb.
(d) Water tension.
11. Where do Frisch's parents go to live after his father is released from concentration camp?
12. What does Max Planck discover?
(a) The neutron.
(b) The atom.
(c) Home refrigeration theory.
(d) A universal constant.
13. Who is the second woman in history to earn a Ph.D. at the University of Vienna?
(a) Yehuda Menuhia.
(b) Maria Goeppert-Mayer.
(c) Lise Meitner.
(d) Marie Curie.
14. When World War I begins, Bohr moves from Denmark to where?
(d) United States.
15. What is the topic of Bohr's first published scientific paper?
(a) The surface tension of water.
(c) The atom.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1873, what physicist says that atoms do not exist?
2. When does Marie Curie die?
3. After World War I, the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge becomes the center for what science?
4. What does "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion" advocate?
5. Where is particle acceleration developed?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)