|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19 "Tongues of Fire".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the 1930's, where do Lise Meitner, Otto Hahn, and Fritz Strassman work when they are trying to sort out the elements created by neutron bombardment of the heaviest elements?
(a) Univeristy of Franfurt.
(b) Univeristy of Berlin.
(c) Tubingen University.
(d) Kaiser Wilheim Institute.
2. What is the name of George Gamov's wife?
3. Who provides Lise Meitner a grant to continue experimenting?
(a) Neils Bohr.
(b) Lewis Strauss.
(c) Nobel Foundation.
(d) Princeton Foundation.
4. Who is the Secretary of War in 1942?
5. Who discovers that radium gives off a radioactive gas?
(a) Ernest Rutherford.
(b) Wilhelm Roentgen.
(c) Marie and Pierre Curie.
(d) Leo Szilard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is particle acceleration developed?
2. After Edward Teller becomes an American citizen and moves to Manhattan, his research involves what?
3. In 1939, who does Leo Szilard want to prevent from learning about nuclear fission?
4. Where does Operation Forager take place?
5. Who designs the first working cyclotron?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)