|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19 "Tongues of Fire".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who founds big-machine physics in America?
(a) Robert Oppenheimer.
(b) Ernest Lawrence.
(c) James Chadwick.
(d) Rolf Wideroe.
2. What is the subject of Leo Szilard's patent applications in England?
(c) Nuclear chain reaction.
(d) Nuclear power production.
3. When does Robert Oppenheimer come to Berkeley?
4. What Russian-Jewish biochemist is later elected first president of Israel?
(a) George de Hevesy.
(b) Eugene Wigner.
(c) Theodor von Penski.
(d) Chaim Weizmann.
5. Who says, "Welcome to Los Alamos, and who the devil are you?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Who destroys the Norwegian heavy-water installation in February 1943?
2. Who is the chairman of the British Uranium Committee in the early 1940's?
3. How old is Hitler when he comes to power?
4. Where does Bohr teach in 1916?
5. Who says, "I'll tell you what war is about. You've got to kill people, and when you've killed enough, they stop fighting."
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)