|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19 "Tongues of Fire".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under whom is the German fission research consolidated?
(a) Otto Hahn.
(b) The War Office.
(c) The Kaiser Wilhelm Institute.
(d) Hans Geiger.
2. Who is Averell Harriman?
(a) U.S. representative to the United Nations.
(b) U.S. Ambassador to Moscow.
(c) A physicist.
(d) An Army General in the Pacific.
3. Who discovers that radium gives off a radioactive gas?
(a) Marie and Pierre Curie.
(b) Ernest Rutherford.
(c) Leo Szilard.
(d) Wilhelm Roentgen.
4. When do the Germans surrender at Stalingrad?
5. Ernest Rutherford moves from New Zealand to where?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Enrico Fermi and his team carry out his experiments?
2. When does President Roosevelt die?
3. About how many refugee physicists go the United States between 1933 and 1941?
4. When does the Solvay Conference in Brussels take place?
5. Why do the Jewish scientists leave Hungary?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)