|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19 "Tongues of Fire".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Chief of Security for Groves?
(a) Howard von Alben.
(b) John Robinson.
(c) Edward Jacobs.
(d) John Landsdale.
2. Approximately how many wealthy Jewish men do the Germans send to concentration camps during the German Kristallnacht?
3. What theory or principle does Albert Einstein not accept?
(a) The uncertainty principle.
(b) The relativity theory.
(c) Quantum mechanics.
4. Who is Queen Victoria of England's oldest grandson?
(a) King Edward VII.
(b) Prince Edward.
(c) Kaiser Wilhelm II.
(d) George III.
5. When does the Allied campaign at the Turkish Gallipoli Peninsula begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Max Planck discover?
2. What is the subject of Leo Szilard's patent applications in England?
3. When does World War II begin?
4. Who creates the greatest school of theoretical physics in the United States at Berkeley, CA, in the late 1930's/early 1940's?
5. In 1939, who is pursuing atomic research in Germany?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)