|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19 "Tongues of Fire".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does World War II begin?
2. What is the NDRC?
(a) The Nordic Data Review Committee.
(b) The Nuclear Department of Research and Concern.
(c) The National Defense Review Committee.
(d) The National Defense Research Council.
3. In the early 1900s, Budapest is the first European city to have what mode of transportation?
4. What is the topic of one of the debates that takes place at the Solvay Conference?
(a) The structure of the proton.
(d) The nuclear chain reaction.
5. Why do the Jewish scientists leave Hungary?
(a) Because of family.
(b) Because they want to go to Israel.
(c) Because they want to find better schooling.
(d) Because of increasingly violent anti-Semitism.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Ernest Rutherford win the Nobel Prize in chemistry?
2. When does the first meeting of the U.S. Advisory Committee on Uranium meet?
3. Where do Frisch's parents go to live after his father is released from concentration camp?
4. Who says, "Welcome to Los Alamos, and who the devil are you?"
5. When does Enrico Fermi move to Los Alamos?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)