|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19 "Tongues of Fire".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Rutherford suggest the existence of the neutron?
2. When does Rutherford announce that he splits the atom?
3. What indispensable item does Teller and his wife bring to Los Alamos?
(a) His experimetnal data.
(b) Grand piano.
(d) Lab books.
4. In the early 1900s, Budapest is the first European city to have what mode of transportation?
5. Where does the first full-scale self-sustained nuclear chain reaction occur?
(c) Los Alamos.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Yehudi Menuhim famous?
2. Who writes "The Shape of Things to Come"?
3. In the 1940's, the Japanese scientists researching nuclear power for propulsion switch their research to what field?
4. When does Adloph Hitler become Chancellor of Germany?
5. Who envisions atoms as small billiard balls?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)