|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19 "Tongues of Fire".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Einstein's second wife's name?
2. What is the general topic for the Solvay Conference?
(a) Nuclear physics.
(b) Quantum mechanics.
(d) Experimental physics.
3. Where does Lise Meitner go when she flees Germany?
4. When does the first B-29 arrive in the Marianas on Saipan?
(a) December 1944.
(b) February 1945.
(c) October 1944.
(d) June 1944.
5. How long does Lawrence calculate the size of the tube he needs?
(a) 100 yards.
(b) 2 miles.
(c) 1 mile.
(d) 100 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1939, who does Leo Szilard want to prevent from learning about nuclear fission?
2. What does Leo Szilard want to use as the moderator in the nuclear chain reaction?
3. When World War I begins, Bohr moves from Denmark to where?
4. How many of the 20th century's most exceptional scientists, who go on to become involved in the atomic bomb, are produced by the Hungarian Jewish middle class?
5. In 1939, who is pursuing atomic research in Germany?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)