|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19 "Tongues of Fire".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who teaches Bohr about radiochemistry?
(a) Ernest Rutherford.
(b) John Karman.
(c) Eugene Wigner.
(d) George de Hevesy.
2. How many of the 20th century's most exceptional scientists, who go on to become involved in the atomic bomb, are produced by the Hungarian Jewish middle class?
3. Who is the Director of the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge after World War I?
(a) Chaim Weizmann.
(b) Ernest Rutherford.
(c) Harry Moseley.
(d) Niels Bohr.
4. Where does Leo Szilard go from Berlin the day before the Nazis confiscate the rail system?
(d) New York.
5. What is Einstein's second wife's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the 1920's/1930's, what is the world's largest source of radioactive polonium?
2. In 1939, where is the only heavy water plant located?
3. What is the name of Bohr's wife?
4. When does Bohr receive his Ph.D.?
5. Who founds big-machine physics in America?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)