|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19 "Tongues of Fire".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the 1920's/1930's, what is the world's largest source of radioactive polonium?
(a) Marie Curie's Radium Institute.
(b) University of Manchester.
(d) Cavendish Laboratory.
2. Who discovers radio waves in 1893?
(a) Max von Laue.
(b) Ernest Rutherford.
(c) James Maxwell.
(d) Ludwig Mies van der Rohe.
3. What two scientists are known to work together on gas warfare in German-occupied Brussels?
(a) Hahn and Haber.
(b) Hahn and Darwin.
(c) Darwin and Meitner.
(d) Haber and Meitner.
4. How does Hans Bethe learn of his dismissal from Tubingen University?
(a) From the head of the faculty.
(b) From the Third Reich.
(c) From Leo Szilard.
(d) From a student.
5. When does de Hevesy's entire family become ennobled?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "I'll tell you what war is about. You've got to kill people, and when you've killed enough, they stop fighting."
2. Who is the token American at the Solvay Conference?
3. When does the Third Reich promulgate its first anti-Jewish ordinance?
4. Who is Tokutaro Hagiwara?
5. Who says, "Welcome to Los Alamos, and who the devil are you?"
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)