|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19 "Tongues of Fire".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Robert Oppenheimer come to Berkeley?
2. The title of this chapter comes from what philosopher's writings?
3. Bohr sets out the order of elements on the periodic table based on what part of the atom?
4. Where does Bohr teach in 1916?
(a) University of Berlin.
(b) University of Manchester.
(c) University of Copenhagen.
(d) University of Edinburgh.
5. Who wi the pilot of the plane that drops the second atomic bomb?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Director of the London School of Economics in the 1930's?
2. By 1920, Jews make up what percent of Hungary's financiers?
3. What English innovation does the author consider to be the most valuable in the war?
4. Whose contributions to 20th century physics rank second only to Albert Einstein's?
5. What two scientists are known to work together on gas warfare in German-occupied Brussels?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)