|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19 "Tongues of Fire".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the Third Reich promulgate its first anti-Jewish ordinance?
(a) June, 1933.
(b) September, 1933.
(c) April, 1933.
(d) January, 1933.
2. What does Otto Hahn and Lise Meitner research together?
3. Who creates the greatest school of theoretical physics in the United States at Berkeley, CA, in the late 1930's/early 1940's?
(a) Robert Oppenheimer.
(b) Enrico Fermi.
(c) Albert Einstein.
(d) Leo Sziland.
4. Who is the token American at the Solvay Conference?
(a) George Rutherford.
(b) Leland Stanford.
(c) Ernest Lawrence.
(d) Robert Oppenheimer.
5. Who discovers X-rays?
(a) Ernest Lawrence.
(b) Leo Szilard.
(c) Ernest Rutherford.
(d) Wilhelm Roentgen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Enrico Fermi marry?
2. When does the Solvay Conference in Brussels take place?
3. Where is Site X located?
4. What is the name of the plane that drops the first atomic bomb?
5. Who says,"The mission of this Allied force is fulfilled at 0241, local time, May 7, 1945"?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)