|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19 "Tongues of Fire".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Welcome to Los Alamos, and who the devil are you?"
2. What is the rumor that circulates regarding the 20th century Hungarian Jewish scientists?
(a) They are specially trained from birth.
(b) They are visitors from Mars.
(c) They are not all Hungarians.
(d) They are related.
3. What is the topic of Enrico Fermi's fundamental paper?
(a) Beta decay.
(c) Neutron bombardment.
4. When are the Kaiser Wilhelm Institutes in Berlin dedicated?
5. Who is the Chief of Security for Groves?
(a) John Robinson.
(b) Howard von Alben.
(c) John Landsdale.
(d) Edward Jacobs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Operation Barbarossa?
2. Where does Emilio Segre conduct his experiments on the rate of fission in uranium and plutonium?
3. Who designs the first working cyclotron?
4. How many patents does Szilard apply for in Germany between 1924 and 1934?
5. When does Oppenheimer and his aides move to New Mexico?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)