|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19 "Tongues of Fire".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Enrico Fermi move to Los Alamos?
(a) June 1943.
(b) February 1942.
(c) January 1944.
(d) September 1944.
2. Who provides Lise Meitner a grant to continue experimenting?
(a) Princeton Foundation.
(b) Lewis Strauss.
(c) Nobel Foundation.
(d) Neils Bohr.
3. When does Marie Curie die?
4. Bohr sets out the order of elements on the periodic table based on what part of the atom?
5. What does J.J. Thompson discover?
(a) The neutron.
(b) The electron.
(c) The atom.
(d) The proton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Enrico Fermi marry?
2. What company provides contracted employees to operate the Oak Ridge facility?
3. How long does Lawrence calculate the size of the tube he needs?
4. After Edward Teller becomes an American citizen and moves to Manhattan, his research involves what?
5. When does de Hevesy's entire family become ennobled?
This section contains 148 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)