|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19 "Tongues of Fire".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who drafts the historic directive releasing the atomic bomb for use?
2. What is the subject of the patent Leo Szilard gives to Lewis Strass as a memorial to Strauss' parents?
(a) Production of radioactive cobalt.
(b) Solar energy.
(d) Nucelar chain reaction.
3. After finishing his Ph.D., where does Bohr start work?
(a) University of Denmark.
(b) Edinburgh Laboratory.
(c) University of Copenhagan.
(d) Cavendish Laboratory.
4. Where is the Trinity test site?
(a) Los Alamos, New Mexico.
(b) Alamogordo, New Mexico.
(c) Nevada desert.
(d) Marshall Islands.
5. When does Adloph Hitler become Chancellor of Germany?
(a) December 8, 1931.
(b) January 30, 1933.
(c) December 10, 1932.
(d) April 30, 1932.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose contributions to 20th century physics rank second only to Albert Einstein's?
2. What is the rumor that circulates regarding the 20th century Hungarian Jewish scientists?
3. When is pure plutonium extracted for the first time?
4. What element does Enrico Fermi and his team begin to experiment with?
5. Who writes the letters to Roosevelt "sounding the alarm" about nuclear fission?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)