|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19 "Tongues of Fire".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of "Mein Kempf"?
(a) The czarist secret police.
(b) Eugene Wigner.
(c) Adolf Hitler.
(d) Adolphus von Brogan.
2. What two scientists are known to work together on gas warfare in German-occupied Brussels?
(a) Hahn and Haber.
(b) Hahn and Darwin.
(c) Haber and Meitner.
(d) Darwin and Meitner.
3. Who is the pilot of the plane that drops the first atomic bomb?
4. What does Rolf Wideroe invent?
(a) An accelerator tube that avoids high voltage problems.
(b) An accelerator tube that causes high voltage problems.
(c) A refrigerator that does not freeze.
(d) A matrix table for elements.
5. When does the Allied campaign at the Turkish Gallipoli Peninsula begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. The title of this chapter comes from what philosopher's writings?
2. What is Theordor von Karman's area of study?
3. In the 1940's, the Japanese scientists researching nuclear power for propulsion switch their research to what field?
4. When does Niels Bohr escape from Stockholm to Scotland?
5. Who designs the first working cyclotron?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)