|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19 "Tongues of Fire".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After finishing his Ph.D., where does Bohr start work?
(a) University of Copenhagan.
(b) Cavendish Laboratory.
(c) Edinburgh Laboratory.
(d) University of Denmark.
2. What two scientists are known to work together on gas warfare in German-occupied Brussels?
(a) Hahn and Haber.
(b) Darwin and Meitner.
(c) Haber and Meitner.
(d) Hahn and Darwin.
3. When does Enrico Fermi move to Los Alamos?
(a) February 1942.
(b) September 1944.
(c) January 1944.
(d) June 1943.
4. Who writes the letters to Roosevelt "sounding the alarm" about nuclear fission?
(a) Alexander Sachs.
(b) Leo Szilard.
(c) Gustav Stolper.
(d) Albert Einstein.
5. In the early 1900's, who do the Jewish commercial elite ally with, creating a large class of ennobled Jews?
(a) Other European commercial groups.
(b) Government bureaucracy.
(c) German nobility.
(d) Old Hungarian nobility.
Short Answer Questions
1. When World War I begins, Bohr moves from Denmark to where?
2. In the early 1900s, Budapest is the first European city to have what mode of transportation?
3. In 1939, who is pursuing atomic research in Germany?
4. What is hailed as the beginning of true nuclear physics?
5. Who becomes the first unconverted Jew ennobled since the Middle Ages?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)