|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19 "Tongues of Fire".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Albert Einstein's theory of relativity proven through studies during an eclipse of the sun?
2. Who heads the Academic Assistance Council in the 1930's?
(a) Kurt Mendelssohn.
(b) Ernest Rutherford.
(c) John Maynard Keynes.
(d) Niels Bohr.
3. Who determines how to use x-ray spectroscopy to study atoms?
(a) Ernest Rutherford.
(b) Harry Moseley.
(c) Niels Bohr.
(d) Max Planck.
4. Who confirms the existence of a neutron?
(a) James Chadwick.
(b) Fyodor Vinbert.
(c) Ernest Lawrence.
(d) Max von Laue.
5. When does Oppenheimer and his aides move to New Mexico?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Site X located?
2. How many of the 20th century's most exceptional scientists, who go on to become involved in the atomic bomb, are produced by the Hungarian Jewish middle class?
3. What is Alsos?
4. Who is the token American at the Solvay Conference?
5. The title of this chapter comes from what philosopher's writings?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)