|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 "Revelations".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1939, who is pursuing atomic research in Germany?
(a) Lou Geirigh.
(b) Edward Wigner.
(c) Otto Reichart.
(d) Hans Geiger.
2. When does Adloph Hitler become Chancellor of Germany?
(a) December 8, 1931.
(b) April 30, 1932.
(c) December 10, 1932.
(d) January 30, 1933.
3. Who comes up with the technical term "pile" or atomic pile?
4. Who writes the letters to Roosevelt "sounding the alarm" about nuclear fission?
(a) Alexander Sachs.
(b) Albert Einstein.
(c) Leo Szilard.
(d) Gustav Stolper.
5. Who is the Director of the London School of Economics in the 1930's?
(a) Edward Teller.
(b) William Beveridge.
(c) A.E. Houseman.
(d) John Maynard Keynes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the 1930's, where do Lise Meitner, Otto Hahn, and Fritz Strassman work when they are trying to sort out the elements created by neutron bombardment of the heaviest elements?
2. Hahn and Strassman (without Meitner) continue experiments with neutron bombardment of what element?
3. Who is the first American scientist of administrative rank to visit Britain in 1941?
4. In the early 1900's, who do the Jewish commercial elite ally with, creating a large class of ennobled Jews?
5. When is pure plutonium extracted for the first time?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)