|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 "Revelations".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the early 1900's, who do the Jewish commercial elite ally with, creating a large class of ennobled Jews?
(a) Other European commercial groups.
(b) Government bureaucracy.
(c) German nobility.
(d) Old Hungarian nobility.
2. Who comes up with the technical term "pile" or atomic pile?
3. How long does Lawrence calculate the size of the tube he needs?
(a) 100 yards.
(b) 100 feet.
(c) 2 miles.
(d) 1 mile.
4. Who is Captain William S. Parsons?
(a) Test pilot.
(b) Commander of the Navy at Pearl Harbor.
(c) Designer of the plutonium gun.
5. Who is the Director of the London School of Economics in the 1930's?
(a) A.E. Houseman.
(b) Edward Teller.
(c) William Beveridge.
(d) John Maynard Keynes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reorganizes the Hungarian school system along German lines?
2. What is hailed as the beginning of true nuclear physics?
3. When do the Germans surrender at Stalingrad?
4. Why is Yehudi Menuhim famous?
5. When does Rutherford suggest the existence of the neutron?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)