|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 "Revelations".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Director of the London School of Economics in the 1930's?
(a) William Beveridge.
(b) John Maynard Keynes.
(c) Edward Teller.
(d) A.E. Houseman.
2. What does Frisch call the division process of the nucleus?
3. When does the Allied campaign at the Turkish Gallipoli Peninsula begin?
4. Where does Bohr teach in 1916?
(a) University of Edinburgh.
(b) University of Copenhagen.
(c) University of Manchester.
(d) University of Berlin.
5. The title of this chapter comes from what philosopher's writings?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does John von Neumann go in 1930 when he leaves Germany?
2. What is the name of George Gamov's wife?
3. When does Ernest Lawrence win the Nobel Prize in Physics for producing a working model of the cyclotron?
4. Who does Enrico Fermi marry?
5. When does Oppenheimer and his aides move to New Mexico?
This section contains 147 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)