|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 "Revelations".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hahn and Strassman (without Meitner) continue experiments with neutron bombardment of what element?
2. What does Bohr announce at a Washington conference in 1939?
(a) The existence of protons.
(b) His retirement.
(c) The plans for an atomic bomb.
(d) A neutron can split uranium.
3. When does Rutherford discover a radioactive gas emanating from thorium?
4. Who recruits Bohr for research in in radioactivity in Manchester?
(a) Max Planck.
(b) Ernest Rutherford.
(c) Leo Szilard.
(d) Albert Teller.
5. Under whom is the German fission research consolidated?
(a) The Kaiser Wilhelm Institute.
(b) Otto Hahn.
(c) The War Office.
(d) Hans Geiger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is hailed as the beginning of true nuclear physics?
2. What is Operation Barbarossa?
3. What does Max Planck discover?
4. In 1939, who is pursuing atomic research in Germany?
5. Whose contributions to 20th century physics rank second only to Albert Einstein's?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)