|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 "Revelations".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the subject of Leo Szilard's patent applications in England?
(a) Nuclear chain reaction.
(d) Nuclear power production.
2. In 1940, how long does the MAUD Committee think it takes its members to create an atomic weapon?
(a) One year.
(b) Three years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Ten years.
3. Who is Queen Victoria of England's oldest grandson?
(a) King Edward VII.
(b) George III.
(c) Kaiser Wilhelm II.
(d) Prince Edward.
4. What theory or principle does Albert Einstein not accept?
(b) Quantum mechanics.
(c) The uncertainty principle.
(d) The relativity theory.
5. Where does Leo Szilard go from Berlin the day before the Nazis confiscate the rail system?
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hans Bethe go after his dismissal from Tubingen?
2. When does the first meeting of the U.S. Advisory Committee on Uranium meet?
3. Where do Frisch's parents go to live after his father is released from concentration camp?
4. Who recruits Bohr for research in in radioactivity in Manchester?
5. When does Niels Bohr escape from Stockholm to Scotland?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)