|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 "Revelations".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the topic of Bohr's first published scientific paper?
(a) The surface tension of water.
(b) The atom.
2. The title of this chapter comes from what philosopher's writings?
3. By 1920, Jews make up what percent of Hungary's financiers?
4. Approximately how many wealthy Jewish men do the Germans send to concentration camps during the German Kristallnacht?
5. When does de Hevesy's entire family become ennobled?
Short Answer Questions
1. When World War I begins, Bohr moves from Denmark to where?
2. In 1940, how long does the MAUD Committee think it takes its members to create an atomic weapon?
3. Who is the Secretary of War in 1942?
4. Who comes up with the technical term "pile" or atomic pile?
5. Where does Leo Szilard study engineering?
This section contains 144 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)