|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 "Revelations".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the topic of Enrico Fermi's fundamental paper?
(a) Neutron bombardment.
(d) Beta decay.
2. When does the Allied campaign at the Turkish Gallipoli Peninsula begin?
3. In the 1940's, the Japanese scientists researching nuclear power for propulsion switch their research to what field?
(a) Atomic bomb.
4. Where does Hans Bethe go after his dismissal from Tubingen?
5. What does Leo Szilard want to use as the moderator in the nuclear chain reaction?
(b) Heavy water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of planes does Germany use to bomb England?
2. A part of what country does Neville Chamberlain and Hitler agree should be ceded to Germany?
3. In 1939, who is pursuing atomic research in Germany?
4. Who directs the physics department at the University of Birmingham, England, in 1939?
5. Who destroys the Norwegian heavy-water installation in February 1943?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)