|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 "Revelations".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Captain William S. Parsons?
(a) Test pilot.
(b) Designer of the plutonium gun.
(c) Commander of the Navy at Pearl Harbor.
2. What can Von Karman do at age six that show he is a prodigy?
(a) Write equations.
(b) Multiply six figure numbers in his head.
(c) Recite the periodic table.
(d) Read science books.
3. Hahn and Strassman (without Meitner) continue experiments with neutron bombardment of what element?
4. When does Ernest Rutherford win the Nobel Prize in chemistry?
5. What is the name of Bohr's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many patents does Szilard apply for in Germany between 1924 and 1934?
2. When does the first meeting of the U.S. Advisory Committee on Uranium meet?
3. What is the subject of the patent Leo Szilard gives to Lewis Strass as a memorial to Strauss' parents?
4. To what does the nickname Dogpatch refer?
5. What religion is Enrico Fermi?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)