|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 "Revelations".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who discovers that radium gives off a radioactive gas?
(a) Marie and Pierre Curie.
(b) Ernest Rutherford.
(c) Leo Szilard.
(d) Wilhelm Roentgen.
2. What is the topic of one of the debates that takes place at the Solvay Conference?
(b) The nuclear chain reaction.
(d) The structure of the proton.
3. How many of the 20th century's most exceptional scientists, who go on to become involved in the atomic bomb, are produced by the Hungarian Jewish middle class?
4. Why is Yehudi Menuhim famous?
(a) He is a child prodigy mathematician.
(b) He writes a book.
(c) He is a child prodigy violinist.
(d) He discovers uranium.
5. When does Rutherford discover a radioactive gas emanating from thorium?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1940, how long does the MAUD Committee think it takes its members to create an atomic weapon?
2. Who writes "The Shape of Things to Come"?
3. When does Russia begin work on its atomic bomb project?
4. What is Operation Barbarossa?
5. What does Leo Szilard want to use as the moderator in the nuclear chain reaction?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)