|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 "Revelations".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A part of what country does Neville Chamberlain and Hitler agree should be ceded to Germany?
2. Who creates the greatest school of theoretical physics in the United States at Berkeley, CA, in the late 1930's/early 1940's?
(a) Robert Oppenheimer.
(b) Albert Einstein.
(c) Enrico Fermi.
(d) Leo Sziland.
3. What does Chaim Weizmann discover that helps the war effort?
(a) A new radioactive element.
(b) A secret code.
(c) A way to make radios more efficient.
(d) An anerobic organism that decomposes starch.
4. Who is Queen Victoria of England's oldest grandson?
(a) Kaiser Wilhelm II.
(b) Prince Edward.
(c) King Edward VII.
(d) George III.
5. When does Klaus Fuchs come to Los Alamos?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the topic of Bohr's first published scientific paper?
2. Who comes up with the technical term "pile" or atomic pile?
3. What is the subject of Leo Szilard's Ph.D. thesis?
4. When is Albert Einstein's theory of relativity proven through studies during an eclipse of the sun?
5. When does Adloph Hitler become Chancellor of Germany?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)