|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 "Revelations".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Russia begin work on its atomic bomb project?
2. Who conceives the atomic bomb?
(a) Albert Einstein.
(b) Ernest Rutherford.
(c) James Chadwick.
(d) Leo Szilard.
3. What does Bohr announce at a Washington conference in 1939?
(a) A neutron can split uranium.
(b) The plans for an atomic bomb.
(c) His retirement.
(d) The existence of protons.
4. What is the topic of Enrico Fermi's fundamental paper?
(b) Beta decay.
(d) Neutron bombardment.
5. What element does Enrico Fermi and his team begin to experiment with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Theordor von Karman's area of study?
2. What is the specific topic of Bohr's controversial paper in 1913?
3. Under whom is the German fission research consolidated?
4. In 1940, how long does the MAUD Committee think it takes its members to create an atomic weapon?
5. When do the Germans invade Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)