|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 "Revelations".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Max Planck discover?
(a) The neutron.
(b) A universal constant.
(c) Home refrigeration theory.
(d) The atom.
2. Who heads the Academic Assistance Council in the 1930's?
(a) Kurt Mendelssohn.
(b) John Maynard Keynes.
(c) Niels Bohr.
(d) Ernest Rutherford.
3. Whose contributions to 20th century physics rank second only to Albert Einstein's?
(a) Ernest Rutherford.
(b) Niels Bohr.
(c) George de Hevesy.
(d) Isaac Newton.
4. What is the name of George Gamov's wife?
5. After finishing his Ph.D., where does Bohr start work?
(a) University of Denmark.
(b) Edinburgh Laboratory.
(c) University of Copenhagan.
(d) Cavendish Laboratory.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does the nickname Dogpatch refer?
2. After Edward Teller becomes an American citizen and moves to Manhattan, his research involves what?
3. Who determines how to use x-ray spectroscopy to study atoms?
4. Who gets Enrico Fermi a meeting with Admiral Hooper, the Undersecretary of the Navy?
5. In 1939, where is the only heavy water plant located?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)