|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 "Revelations".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Oppenheimer and his aides move to New Mexico?
2. What does Chaim Weizmann discover that helps the war effort?
(a) A new radioactive element.
(b) A way to make radios more efficient.
(c) An anerobic organism that decomposes starch.
(d) A secret code.
3. In the early 1900's, who do the Jewish commercial elite ally with, creating a large class of ennobled Jews?
(a) Government bureaucracy.
(b) German nobility.
(c) Other European commercial groups.
(d) Old Hungarian nobility.
4. Who writes "The Shape of Things to Come"?
(a) Leo Szilard.
(b) Richard Rhodes.
(c) Max Planck.
5. Who creates the greatest school of theoretical physics in the United States at Berkeley, CA, in the late 1930's/early 1940's?
(a) Albert Einstein.
(b) Robert Oppenheimer.
(c) Leo Sziland.
(d) Enrico Fermi.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does de Hevesy's entire family become ennobled?
2. What theoretical physicist moves to Manchester when he is twenty seven year old for experience working with radioactivity?
3. In 1939, where is the only heavy water plant located?
4. Where do Frisch's parents go to live after his father is released from concentration camp?
5. Who is Queen Victoria of England's oldest grandson?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)