|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 "Revelations".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who discovers radio waves in 1893?
(a) James Maxwell.
(b) Ludwig Mies van der Rohe.
(c) Max von Laue.
(d) Ernest Rutherford.
2. When does Ernest Lawrence win the Nobel Prize in Physics for producing a working model of the cyclotron?
3. In the 1920's/1930's, what is the world's largest source of radioactive polonium?
(a) Cavendish Laboratory.
(b) University of Manchester.
(d) Marie Curie's Radium Institute.
4. When World War I begins, Bohr moves from Denmark to where?
(d) United States.
5. What does Otto Hahn and Lise Meitner research together?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of planes does Germany use to bomb England?
2. Where does Bohr teach in 1916?
3. In 1939, who is pursuing atomic research in Germany?
4. In 1939, who does Leo Szilard want to prevent from learning about nuclear fission?
5. Who is the Secretary of War in 1942?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)