|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 "Revelations".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Russia begin work on its atomic bomb project?
2. After Edward Teller becomes an American citizen and moves to Manhattan, his research involves what?
(a) A mass spectrometer.
(b) The hydrogen bomb.
(c) The atomic bomb.
3. Ernest Rutherford moves from New Zealand to where?
4. What English innovation does the author consider to be the most valuable in the war?
(a) Cavity magnetron.
(b) Heavy water.
(d) Particle accelerator.
5. Who destroys the Norwegian heavy-water installation in February 1943?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Site X located?
2. When does Adloph Hitler become Chancellor of Germany?
3. When does de Hevesy's entire family become ennobled?
4. Who recruits Bohr for research in in radioactivity in Manchester?
5. Who directs the physics department at the University of Birmingham, England, in 1939?
This section contains 149 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)