|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 "Revelations".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ernest Rutherford moves from New Zealand to where?
2. What does Chaim Weizmann discover that helps the war effort?
(a) A new radioactive element.
(b) A way to make radios more efficient.
(c) An anerobic organism that decomposes starch.
(d) A secret code.
3. Who works with Rutherford to develop a counter for alpha particles?
(a) J.J. Thompson.
(b) Edward Teller.
(c) John von Neumann.
(d) Hans Gieger.
4. What theory or principle does Albert Einstein not accept?
(a) The relativity theory.
(b) Quantum mechanics.
(d) The uncertainty principle.
5. When does the first meeting of the U.S. Advisory Committee on Uranium meet?
Short Answer Questions
1. After finishing his Ph.D., where does Bohr start work?
2. How old is Hitler when he comes to power?
3. Who envisions atoms as small billiard balls?
4. When do the Germans invade Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg?
5. Who destroys the Norwegian heavy-water installation in February 1943?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)