|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 "Revelations".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When are the Kaiser Wilhelm Institutes in Berlin dedicated?
2. In the early 1900s, Budapest is the first European city to have what mode of transportation?
3. A part of what country does Neville Chamberlain and Hitler agree should be ceded to Germany?
4. Where does the first full-scale self-sustained nuclear chain reaction occur?
(d) Los Alamos.
5. What does J.J. Thompson discover?
(a) The electron.
(b) The neutron.
(c) The atom.
(d) The proton.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does de Hevesy's entire family become ennobled?
2. When does the U.S. Uranium Committee meet to reorganize work on the atomic bomb?
3. What is the subject of the patent Leo Szilard gives to Lewis Strass as a memorial to Strauss' parents?
4. What instrument does Frisch use to prove the nucleus splits?
5. In the 1930's, where do Lise Meitner, Otto Hahn, and Fritz Strassman work when they are trying to sort out the elements created by neutron bombardment of the heaviest elements?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)