|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 "Revelations".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the Germans surrender at Stalingrad?
2. Who destroys the Norwegian heavy-water installation in February 1943?
3. Who teaches Bohr about radiochemistry?
(a) Eugene Wigner.
(b) Ernest Rutherford.
(c) George de Hevesy.
(d) John Karman.
4. What is the NDRC?
(a) The National Defense Research Council.
(b) The Nuclear Department of Research and Concern.
(c) The Nordic Data Review Committee.
(d) The National Defense Review Committee.
5. When does Robert Oppenheimer come to Berkeley?
Short Answer Questions
1. Hahn and Strassman (without Meitner) continue experiments with neutron bombardment of what element?
2. What Russian-Jewish biochemist is later elected first president of Israel?
3. When does de Hevesy's entire family become ennobled?
4. The title of this chapter comes from what philosopher's writings?
5. Where does Emilio Segre conduct his experiments on the rate of fission in uranium and plutonium?
This section contains 147 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)