|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 "Revelations".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After finishing his Ph.D., where does Bohr start work?
(a) University of Copenhagan.
(b) Edinburgh Laboratory.
(c) University of Denmark.
(d) Cavendish Laboratory.
2. What English innovation does the author consider to be the most valuable in the war?
(a) Particle accelerator.
(c) Heavy water.
(d) Cavity magnetron.
3. Who writes "The Shape of Things to Come"?
(a) Leo Szilard.
(b) Richard Rhodes.
(c) Max Planck.
4. In the early 1900's, who do the Jewish commercial elite ally with, creating a large class of ennobled Jews?
(a) German nobility.
(b) Other European commercial groups.
(c) Government bureaucracy.
(d) Old Hungarian nobility.
5. Who comes up with the technical term "pile" or atomic pile?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many patents does Szilard apply for in Germany between 1924 and 1934?
2. What is the specific topic of Bohr's controversial paper in 1913?
3. When does Rutherford announce that he splits the atom?
4. In 1910, Jews make up what percent of the Hungarian population?
5. What does Frisch call the division process of the nucleus?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)