|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 "Physics in Desert Country".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion" advocate?
(a) The destruction of the Jews.
(b) The founding of a Jewish homeland.
(c) The destruction of Arians.
(d) The earlier education of child prodigies.
2. Who creates the greatest school of theoretical physics in the United States at Berkeley, CA, in the late 1930's/early 1940's?
(a) Robert Oppenheimer.
(b) Leo Sziland.
(c) Enrico Fermi.
(d) Albert Einstein.
3. What is the name of Bohr's wife?
4. When does Rutherford announce that he splits the atom?
5. What is the name of George Gamov's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the 1920's/1930's, what is the world's largest source of radioactive polonium?
2. Why is Yehudi Menuhim famous?
3. In 1939, who is President of Carnegie Institute and is reluctant to invest in chain-reaction experiments?
4. When is Albert Einstein's theory of relativity proven through studies during an eclipse of the sun?
5. What is the subject of Leo Szilard's Ph.D. thesis?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)