|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 "Physics in Desert Country".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Leo Szilard study engineering?
2. What is the topic of Bohr's first published scientific paper?
(b) The atom.
(d) The surface tension of water.
3. Who does Enrico Fermi team with to separate iodine isotopes?
(a) Patrick Blacket.
(b) T.A. Chalmers.
(c) Lisa Meitner.
(d) Ernest Lawrence.
4. Who discovers that radium gives off a radioactive gas?
(a) Marie and Pierre Curie.
(b) Leo Szilard.
(c) Wilhelm Roentgen.
(d) Ernest Rutherford.
5. Why do the Jewish scientists leave Hungary?
(a) Because they want to find better schooling.
(b) Because of family.
(c) Because of increasingly violent anti-Semitism.
(d) Because they want to go to Israel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who determines how to use x-ray spectroscopy to study atoms?
2. How many patents does Szilard apply for in Germany between 1924 and 1934?
3. When does the Third Reich promulgate its first anti-Jewish ordinance?
4. When does Ernest Lawrence win the Nobel Prize in Physics for producing a working model of the cyclotron?
5. What does "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion" advocate?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)