|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 "Physics in Desert Country".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Einstein's second wife's name?
2. Where does Bohr teach in 1916?
(a) University of Edinburgh.
(b) University of Berlin.
(c) University of Copenhagen.
(d) University of Manchester.
3. Who gets Enrico Fermi a meeting with Admiral Hooper, the Undersecretary of the Navy?
(a) Leo Szilard.
(b) Vannevar Bush.
(c) George Pegram.
(d) Andrew Lawrence.
4. In the 1940's, the Japanese scientists researching nuclear power for propulsion switch their research to what field?
(b) Atomic bomb.
5. Who is the Director of the London School of Economics in the 1930's?
(a) Edward Teller.
(b) A.E. Houseman.
(c) John Maynard Keynes.
(d) William Beveridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of planes does Germany use to bomb England?
2. Who confirms the existence of a neutron?
3. What does "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion" advocate?
4. In 1939, who is pursuing atomic research in Germany?
5. Bohr sets out the order of elements on the periodic table based on what part of the atom?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)