|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 "Physics in Desert Country".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who teaches Bohr about radiochemistry?
(a) Eugene Wigner.
(b) George de Hevesy.
(c) Ernest Rutherford.
(d) John Karman.
2. What is the subject of Leo Szilard's patent applications in England?
(b) Nuclear power production.
(c) Nuclear chain reaction.
3. What is the topic of Enrico Fermi's fundamental paper?
(a) Neutron bombardment.
(d) Beta decay.
4. When does Rutherford discover a radioactive gas emanating from thorium?
5. After Edward Teller becomes an American citizen and moves to Manhattan, his research involves what?
(a) The atomic bomb.
(c) A mass spectrometer.
(d) The hydrogen bomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do the Germans surrender at Stalingrad?
2. What Russian-Jewish biochemist is later elected first president of Israel?
3. Bohr sets out the order of elements on the periodic table based on what part of the atom?
4. What is the specific topic of Bohr's controversial paper in 1913?
5. Where does Leo Szilard study engineering?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)