|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 "Physics in Desert Country".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the Germans surrender at Stalingrad?
2. When does the Allied campaign at the Turkish Gallipoli Peninsula begin?
3. Who creates the greatest school of theoretical physics in the United States at Berkeley, CA, in the late 1930's/early 1940's?
(a) Albert Einstein.
(b) Robert Oppenheimer.
(c) Leo Sziland.
(d) Enrico Fermi.
4. What is the topic of Bohr's first published scientific paper?
(c) The surface tension of water.
(d) The atom.
5. What is Theordor von Karman's area of study?
(a) Quantum mechanics.
(b) Theoretical physics.
(c) Experimental physics.
(d) Aeronautical physics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the Third Reich promulgate its first anti-Jewish ordinance?
2. When is Albert Einstein's theory of relativity proven through studies during an eclipse of the sun?
3. When does Rutherford announce that he splits the atom?
4. Who is the chairman of the British Uranium Committee in the early 1940's?
5. The title of this chapter comes from what philosopher's writings?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)