|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 "Physics in Desert Country".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does J.J. Thompson discover?
(a) The proton.
(b) The atom.
(c) The electron.
(d) The neutron.
2. Whose contributions to 20th century physics rank second only to Albert Einstein's?
(a) Niels Bohr.
(b) Isaac Newton.
(c) George de Hevesy.
(d) Ernest Rutherford.
3. When does Bohr receive his Ph.D.?
4. When does the Solvay Conference in Brussels take place?
5. Who is the token American at the Solvay Conference?
(a) Leland Stanford.
(b) Ernest Lawrence.
(c) Robert Oppenheimer.
(d) George Rutherford.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the 1920's/1930's, what is the world's largest source of radioactive polonium?
2. Who is the Secretary of War in 1942?
3. What English innovation does the author consider to be the most valuable in the war?
4. Approximately how many wealthy Jewish men do the Germans send to concentration camps during the German Kristallnacht?
5. What does "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion" advocate?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)