|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 "Physics in Desert Country".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lise Meitner go when she flees Germany?
2. What does J.J. Thompson discover?
(a) The neutron.
(b) The proton.
(c) The atom.
(d) The electron.
3. When does Ernest Rutherford win the Nobel Prize in chemistry?
4. What is the rumor that circulates regarding the 20th century Hungarian Jewish scientists?
(a) They are related.
(b) They are visitors from Mars.
(c) They are not all Hungarians.
(d) They are specially trained from birth.
5. By 1920, Jews make up what percent of Hungary's financiers?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is hailed as the beginning of true nuclear physics?
2. In 1939, who is President of Carnegie Institute and is reluctant to invest in chain-reaction experiments?
3. When does Bohr receive his Ph.D.?
4. When does the Allied campaign at the Turkish Gallipoli Peninsula begin?
5. What is the subject of Leo Szilard's Ph.D. thesis?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)