|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 "Physics in Desert Country".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the Germans invade Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg?
(a) February, 1940.
(b) June, 1939.
(c) May, 1940.
(d) January, 1939.
2. Who gets Enrico Fermi a meeting with Admiral Hooper, the Undersecretary of the Navy?
(a) Leo Szilard.
(b) George Pegram.
(c) Andrew Lawrence.
(d) Vannevar Bush.
3. Why do the Jewish scientists leave Hungary?
(a) Because of increasingly violent anti-Semitism.
(b) Because they want to go to Israel.
(c) Because they want to find better schooling.
(d) Because of family.
4. What religion is Enrico Fermi?
5. Who determines how to use x-ray spectroscopy to study atoms?
(a) Max Planck.
(b) Harry Moseley.
(c) Niels Bohr.
(d) Ernest Rutherford.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Bohr's wife?
2. What is the NDRC?
3. When does Rutherford announce that he splits the atom?
4. When does Oppenheimer and his aides move to New Mexico?
5. When does Bohr win the Nobel Prize in physics?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)