|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 "Physics in Desert Country".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hahn and Strassman (without Meitner) continue experiments with neutron bombardment of what element?
2. What kind of planes does Germany use to bomb England?
(b) "Big Berthas".
3. When World War I begins, Bohr moves from Denmark to where?
(b) United States.
4. What does Oppenheimer and a group of scientists name the "Super"?
(a) The anticipated atomic bomb.
(b) The anticipated hydrogen bomb.
(c) The new cyclotron.
(d) The megatron accelerator.
5. When does Rutherford suggest the existence of the neutron?
Short Answer Questions
1. After finishing his Ph.D., where does Bohr start work?
2. In 1873, what physicist says that atoms do not exist?
3. Who writes "The Shape of Things to Come"?
4. How does Hans Bethe learn of his dismissal from Tubingen University?
5. Why do the Jewish scientists leave Hungary?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)