|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 "Physics in Desert Country".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is particle acceleration developed?
2. Who discovers radio waves in 1893?
(a) Ernest Rutherford.
(b) Max von Laue.
(c) James Maxwell.
(d) Ludwig Mies van der Rohe.
3. What is the topic of one of the debates that takes place at the Solvay Conference?
(b) The nuclear chain reaction.
(d) The structure of the proton.
4. In 1940, how long does the MAUD Committee think it takes its members to create an atomic weapon?
(a) Five years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Three years.
(d) One year.
5. Who provides Lise Meitner a grant to continue experimenting?
(a) Lewis Strauss.
(b) Princeton Foundation.
(c) Nobel Foundation.
(d) Neils Bohr.
Short Answer Questions
1. What element does Enrico Fermi and his team begin to experiment with?
2. What is the NDRC?
3. How many patents does Szilard apply for in Germany between 1924 and 1934?
4. When does Adloph Hitler become Chancellor of Germany?
5. In the 1920's/1930's, what is the world's largest source of radioactive polonium?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)