|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 "Physics in Desert Country".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Enrico Fermi marry?
(a) Laura Capon.
(b) Julian Carian.
(c) Anna Toble.
(d) Maria Karenina.
2. What is the subject of Leo Szilard's Ph.D. thesis?
(c) Nuclear physics.
(d) General physics.
3. In the 1920's/1930's, what is the world's largest source of radioactive polonium?
(b) Marie Curie's Radium Institute.
(c) Cavendish Laboratory.
(d) University of Manchester.
4. What is Theordor von Karman's area of study?
(a) Experimental physics.
(b) Aeronautical physics.
(c) Quantum mechanics.
(d) Theoretical physics.
5. When does the Allied campaign at the Turkish Gallipoli Peninsula begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lise Meitner go when she flees Germany?
2. Where is Site X located?
3. Who envisions atoms as small billiard balls?
4. When does Rutherford suggest the existence of the neutron?
5. Who destroys the Norwegian heavy-water installation in February 1943?
This section contains 139 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)