|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 "Physics in Desert Country".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who envisions atoms as small billiard balls?
(a) Isaac Newton.
(b) Leo Szilard.
(c) Max von Laue.
(d) Ernest Lawrence.
2. When is Albert Einstein's theory of relativity proven through studies during an eclipse of the sun?
3. When do the Germans surrender at Stalingrad?
4. What is Theordor von Karman's area of study?
(a) Aeronautical physics.
(b) Theoretical physics.
(c) Quantum mechanics.
(d) Experimental physics.
5. When does Marie Curie die?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who determines how to use x-ray spectroscopy to study atoms?
2. In 1873, what physicist says that atoms do not exist?
3. The title of this chapter comes from what philosopher's writings?
4. What does Rolf Wideroe invent?
5. What is the name of Bohr's wife?
This section contains 152 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)