|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 "Physics in Desert Country".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Theordor von Karman's area of study?
(a) Quantum mechanics.
(b) Theoretical physics.
(c) Experimental physics.
(d) Aeronautical physics.
2. Who teaches Bohr about radiochemistry?
(a) Eugene Wigner.
(b) John Karman.
(c) George de Hevesy.
(d) Ernest Rutherford.
3. What is the NDRC?
(a) The National Defense Review Committee.
(b) The Nordic Data Review Committee.
(c) The Nuclear Department of Research and Concern.
(d) The National Defense Research Council.
4. When does Ernest Rutherford win the Nobel Prize in chemistry?
5. When does Robert Oppenheimer come to Berkeley?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frisch call the division process of the nucleus?
2. What gas do the Germans first introduce into the war at Ypres, contrary to the terms of the Hague Declaration of 1899?
3. Who works with Rutherford to develop a counter for alpha particles?
4. Who does Enrico Fermi team with to separate iodine isotopes?
5. What is the name of George Gamov's wife?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)