|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 "Physics in Desert Country".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Edward Teller becomes an American citizen and moves to Manhattan, his research involves what?
(b) The hydrogen bomb.
(c) The atomic bomb.
(d) A mass spectrometer.
2. In the 1940's, the Japanese scientists researching nuclear power for propulsion switch their research to what field?
(c) Atomic bomb.
3. What is the NDRC?
(a) The Nuclear Department of Research and Concern.
(b) The National Defense Review Committee.
(c) The National Defense Research Council.
(d) The Nordic Data Review Committee.
4. Who heads the Academic Assistance Council in the 1930's?
(a) Kurt Mendelssohn.
(b) Ernest Rutherford.
(c) Niels Bohr.
(d) John Maynard Keynes.
5. In the early 1900s, Budapest is the first European city to have what mode of transportation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Bohr sets out the order of elements on the periodic table based on what part of the atom?
2. Ernest Rutherford moves from New Zealand to where?
3. Who writes the letters to Roosevelt "sounding the alarm" about nuclear fission?
4. Who destroys the Norwegian heavy-water installation in February 1943?
5. Who determines how to use x-ray spectroscopy to study atoms?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)