|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 "Physics in Desert Country".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who heads the Academic Assistance Council in the 1930's?
(a) Niels Bohr.
(b) Kurt Mendelssohn.
(c) Ernest Rutherford.
(d) John Maynard Keynes.
2. When does Isador Isaac Rabi become a Nobel laureate in physics?
3. Who is the Director of the London School of Economics in the 1930's?
(a) A.E. Houseman.
(b) John Maynard Keynes.
(c) Edward Teller.
(d) William Beveridge.
4. Who directs the physics department at the University of Birmingham, England, in 1939?
(a) Leo Szilard.
(b) Mark Oliphant.
(c) Henry Tizard.
(d) Otto Frisch.
5. By 1920, Jews make up what percent of Hungary's financiers?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leo Szilard want to use as the moderator in the nuclear chain reaction?
2. What does Bohr announce at a Washington conference in 1939?
3. How old is Hitler when he comes to power?
4. When does Rutherford suggest the existence of the neutron?
5. Who works with Rutherford to develop a counter for alpha particles?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)