|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 "Physics in Desert Country".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1939, who does Leo Szilard want to prevent from learning about nuclear fission?
(a) George Hans.
(b) German physicists.
(c) Lise Meitner.
(d) Hungarian physicists.
2. Who is the Director of the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge after World War I?
(a) Chaim Weizmann.
(b) Ernest Rutherford.
(c) Harry Moseley.
(d) Niels Bohr.
3. What is the name of George Gamov's wife?
4. What does "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion" advocate?
(a) The founding of a Jewish homeland.
(b) The destruction of the Jews.
(c) The earlier education of child prodigies.
(d) The destruction of Arians.
5. Who reorganizes the Hungarian school system along German lines?
(a) Eugene Wigner.
(b) Michael Polanyi.
(c) Von Neumann.
(d) Mor Karman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Von Karman do at age six that show he is a prodigy?
2. What is the topic of Enrico Fermi's fundamental paper?
3. About how many refugee physicists go the United States between 1933 and 1941?
4. In 1939, where is the only heavy water plant located?
5. When is pure plutonium extracted for the first time?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)