|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 "Physics in Desert Country".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What English innovation does the author consider to be the most valuable in the war?
(a) Cavity magnetron.
(b) Particle accelerator.
(d) Heavy water.
2. In 1939, where is the only heavy water plant located?
(c) United States.
3. What is the name of George Gamov's wife?
4. What Russian-Jewish biochemist is later elected first president of Israel?
(a) Eugene Wigner.
(b) Chaim Weizmann.
(c) Theodor von Penski.
(d) George de Hevesy.
5. Who writes "The Shape of Things to Come"?
(b) Richard Rhodes.
(c) Max Planck.
(d) Leo Szilard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the topic of Enrico Fermi's fundamental paper?
2. Where does John von Neumann go in 1930 when he leaves Germany?
3. What kind of planes does Germany use to bomb England?
4. What instrument does Frisch use to prove the nucleus splits?
5. Where does Leo Szilard go from Berlin the day before the Nazis confiscate the rail system?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)