|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 "Physics in Desert Country".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Frisch's parents go to live after his father is released from concentration camp?
2. What theory or principle does Albert Einstein not accept?
(a) The uncertainty principle.
(b) Quantum mechanics.
(c) The relativity theory.
3. Who is the chairman of the British Uranium Committee in the early 1940's?
(a) Henry Tizard.
(b) Mark Oliphant.
(c) Niels Bohr.
(d) James Conant.
4. Who is the Director of the London School of Economics in the 1930's?
(a) John Maynard Keynes.
(b) A.E. Houseman.
(c) William Beveridge.
(d) Edward Teller.
5. When do the Germans surrender at Stalingrad?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the 1930's, where do Lise Meitner, Otto Hahn, and Fritz Strassman work when they are trying to sort out the elements created by neutron bombardment of the heaviest elements?
2. When does the Third Reich promulgate its first anti-Jewish ordinance?
3. Where is Site X located?
4. Who creates the greatest school of theoretical physics in the United States at Berkeley, CA, in the late 1930's/early 1940's?
5. Who does Enrico Fermi team with to separate iodine isotopes?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)