|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 "Physics in Desert Country".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Robert Oppenheimer come to Berkeley?
2. Where does Lise Meitner go when she flees Germany?
3. What instrument does Frisch use to prove the nucleus splits?
(a) Cloud chamber.
(c) Accelerator tube.
(d) Bubble chamber.
4. When do the Germans invade Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg?
(a) May, 1940.
(b) January, 1939.
(c) June, 1939.
(d) February, 1940.
5. When is Albert Einstein's theory of relativity proven through studies during an eclipse of the sun?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Site X located?
2. What does Max Planck discover?
3. How does Hans Bethe learn of his dismissal from Tubingen University?
4. Who designs the first working cyclotron?
5. Who is the Secretary of War in 1942?
This section contains 140 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)