|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "An Extensive Burst".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lise Meitner go when she flees Germany?
2. When World War I begins, Bohr moves from Denmark to where?
(b) United States.
3. What is Theordor von Karman's area of study?
(a) Theoretical physics.
(b) Aeronautical physics.
(c) Experimental physics.
(d) Quantum mechanics.
4. What religion is Enrico Fermi?
5. Who is the second woman in history to earn a Ph.D. at the University of Vienna?
(a) Maria Goeppert-Mayer.
(b) Marie Curie.
(c) Yehuda Menuhia.
(d) Lise Meitner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who envisions atoms as small billiard balls?
2. When does Bohr receive his Ph.D.?
3. Who writes "The Shape of Things to Come"?
4. Who discovers radio waves in 1893?
5. Who does Enrico Fermi marry?
This section contains 149 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)