|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "An Extensive Burst".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the subject of the patent Leo Szilard gives to Lewis Strass as a memorial to Strauss' parents?
(b) Nucelar chain reaction.
(c) Solar energy.
(d) Production of radioactive cobalt.
2. Bohr sets out the order of elements on the periodic table based on what part of the atom?
3. What does Chaim Weizmann discover that helps the war effort?
(a) A new radioactive element.
(b) A way to make radios more efficient.
(c) An anerobic organism that decomposes starch.
(d) A secret code.
4. In the 1930's, where do Lise Meitner, Otto Hahn, and Fritz Strassman work when they are trying to sort out the elements created by neutron bombardment of the heaviest elements?
(a) Kaiser Wilheim Institute.
(b) Tubingen University.
(c) Univeristy of Franfurt.
(d) Univeristy of Berlin.
5. Who founds big-machine physics in America?
(a) Robert Oppenheimer.
(b) Ernest Lawrence.
(c) Rolf Wideroe.
(d) James Chadwick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Queen Victoria of England's oldest grandson?
2. What is the topic of Enrico Fermi's fundamental paper?
3. What is the subject of Leo Szilard's patent applications in England?
4. When does the Third Reich promulgate its first anti-Jewish ordinance?
5. When are the Kaiser Wilhelm Institutes in Berlin dedicated?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)