|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "An Extensive Burst".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lise Meitner go when she flees Germany?
2. By 1920, Jews make up what percent of Hungary's financiers?
3. Who discovers X-rays?
(a) Leo Szilard.
(b) Wilhelm Roentgen.
(c) Ernest Lawrence.
(d) Ernest Rutherford.
4. In the early 1900s, Budapest is the first European city to have what mode of transportation?
5. Whose contributions to 20th century physics rank second only to Albert Einstein's?
(a) Ernest Rutherford.
(b) Niels Bohr.
(c) Isaac Newton.
(d) George de Hevesy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two scientists are known to work together on gas warfare in German-occupied Brussels?
2. Who is the token American at the Solvay Conference?
3. When are the Kaiser Wilhelm Institutes in Berlin dedicated?
4. Approximately how many wealthy Jewish men do the Germans send to concentration camps during the German Kristallnacht?
5. What gas do the Germans first introduce into the war at Ypres, contrary to the terms of the Hague Declaration of 1899?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)