|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "An Extensive Burst".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hans Bethe learn of his dismissal from Tubingen University?
(a) From Leo Szilard.
(b) From the Third Reich.
(c) From the head of the faculty.
(d) From a student.
2. How old is Hitler when he comes to power?
3. What does Chaim Weizmann discover that helps the war effort?
(a) A way to make radios more efficient.
(b) A secret code.
(c) A new radioactive element.
(d) An anerobic organism that decomposes starch.
4. Where does Leo Szilard study engineering?
5. Who is the token American at the Solvay Conference?
(a) Leland Stanford.
(b) Ernest Lawrence.
(c) Robert Oppenheimer.
(d) George Rutherford.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lise Meitner go when she flees Germany?
2. Whose contributions to 20th century physics rank second only to Albert Einstein's?
3. Bohr sets out the order of elements on the periodic table based on what part of the atom?
4. How long does Lawrence calculate the size of the tube he needs?
5. Who is Queen Victoria of England's oldest grandson?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)