|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "An Extensive Burst".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Max Planck discover?
(a) The neutron.
(b) A universal constant.
(c) Home refrigeration theory.
(d) The atom.
2. Who works with Rutherford to develop a counter for alpha particles?
(a) John von Neumann.
(b) J.J. Thompson.
(c) Hans Gieger.
(d) Edward Teller.
3. How many patents does Szilard apply for in Germany between 1924 and 1934?
4. What does Rolf Wideroe invent?
(a) An accelerator tube that causes high voltage problems.
(b) A refrigerator that does not freeze.
(c) A matrix table for elements.
(d) An accelerator tube that avoids high voltage problems.
5. Who is the Director of the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge after World War I?
(a) Niels Bohr.
(b) Ernest Rutherford.
(c) Chaim Weizmann.
(d) Harry Moseley.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Marie Curie die?
2. What does Frisch call the division process of the nucleus?
3. What is the topic of Bohr's first published scientific paper?
4. In the 1930's, where do Lise Meitner, Otto Hahn, and Fritz Strassman work when they are trying to sort out the elements created by neutron bombardment of the heaviest elements?
5. Where does Leo Szilard go from Berlin the day before the Nazis confiscate the rail system?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)