|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "An Extensive Burst".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who provides Lise Meitner a grant to continue experimenting?
(a) Neils Bohr.
(b) Lewis Strauss.
(c) Nobel Foundation.
(d) Princeton Foundation.
2. What religion is Enrico Fermi?
3. When World War I begins, Bohr moves from Denmark to where?
(b) United States.
4. How long does Lawrence calculate the size of the tube he needs?
(a) 100 yards.
(b) 100 feet.
(c) 2 miles.
(d) 1 mile.
5. In the 1930's, where do Lise Meitner, Otto Hahn, and Fritz Strassman work when they are trying to sort out the elements created by neutron bombardment of the heaviest elements?
(a) Tubingen University.
(b) Kaiser Wilheim Institute.
(c) Univeristy of Franfurt.
(d) Univeristy of Berlin.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Rutherford announce that he splits the atom?
2. Who is Queen Victoria of England's oldest grandson?
3. What element does Enrico Fermi and his team begin to experiment with?
4. What is the topic of Bohr's first published scientific paper?
5. Hahn and Strassman (without Meitner) continue experiments with neutron bombardment of what element?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)