|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "An Extensive Burst".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reorganizes the Hungarian school system along German lines?
(a) Von Neumann.
(b) Mor Karman.
(c) Eugene Wigner.
(d) Michael Polanyi.
2. Where does Leo Szilard go from Berlin the day before the Nazis confiscate the rail system?
(a) New York.
3. How old is Hitler when he comes to power?
4. Who founds big-machine physics in America?
(a) Rolf Wideroe.
(b) Ernest Lawrence.
(c) James Chadwick.
(d) Robert Oppenheimer.
5. What does Max Planck discover?
(a) The atom.
(b) A universal constant.
(c) The neutron.
(d) Home refrigeration theory.
Short Answer Questions
1. After finishing his Ph.D., where does Bohr start work?
2. Hahn and Strassman (without Meitner) continue experiments with neutron bombardment of what element?
3. What is the name of George Gamov's wife?
4. When does Ernest Rutherford win the Nobel Prize in chemistry?
5. Approximately how many wealthy Jewish men do the Germans send to concentration camps during the German Kristallnacht?
This section contains 152 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)