|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "An Extensive Burst".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Yehudi Menuhim famous?
(a) He is a child prodigy violinist.
(b) He is a child prodigy mathematician.
(c) He writes a book.
(d) He discovers uranium.
2. What is Theordor von Karman's area of study?
(a) Theoretical physics.
(b) Experimental physics.
(c) Quantum mechanics.
(d) Aeronautical physics.
3. Who writes "The Shape of Things to Come"?
(a) Leo Szilard.
(b) Richard Rhodes.
(d) Max Planck.
4. When does the Allied campaign at the Turkish Gallipoli Peninsula begin?
5. When does Bohr win the Nobel Prize in physics?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who discovers X-rays?
2. What instrument does Frisch use to prove the nucleus splits?
3. Who is the Director of the London School of Economics in the 1930's?
4. When does Robert Oppenheimer come to Berkeley?
5. Who is the financial mainstay of pioneering Jewish settlements in Palestine when World War I begins?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)