|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "An Extensive Burst".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Robert Oppenheimer come to Berkeley?
2. What theory or principle does Albert Einstein not accept?
(a) The relativity theory.
(c) Quantum mechanics.
(d) The uncertainty principle.
3. When does Rutherford announce that he splits the atom?
4. After finishing his Ph.D., where does Bohr start work?
(a) Edinburgh Laboratory.
(b) Cavendish Laboratory.
(c) University of Denmark.
(d) University of Copenhagan.
5. Who founds big-machine physics in America?
(a) Robert Oppenheimer.
(b) Rolf Wideroe.
(c) James Chadwick.
(d) Ernest Lawrence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who teaches Bohr about radiochemistry?
2. What is the rumor that circulates regarding the 20th century Hungarian Jewish scientists?
3. What does Frisch call the division process of the nucleus?
4. What Russian-Jewish biochemist is later elected first president of Israel?
5. What is the subject of the patent Leo Szilard gives to Lewis Strass as a memorial to Strauss' parents?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)