|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "An Extensive Burst".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of "Mein Kempf"?
(a) Adolphus von Brogan.
(b) Adolf Hitler.
(c) The czarist secret police.
(d) Eugene Wigner.
2. Where does Enrico Fermi and his team carry out his experiments?
(a) In a laboratory.
(b) In a basement.
(c) In a classroom.
(d) At his house.
3. Where does Lise Meitner go when she flees Germany?
4. Who determines how to use x-ray spectroscopy to study atoms?
(a) Ernest Rutherford.
(b) Max Planck.
(c) Niels Bohr.
(d) Harry Moseley.
5. Why do the Jewish scientists leave Hungary?
(a) Because they want to find better schooling.
(b) Because of increasingly violent anti-Semitism.
(c) Because they want to go to Israel.
(d) Because of family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Enrico Fermi marry?
2. Who works with Rutherford to develop a counter for alpha particles?
3. Who envisions atoms as small billiard balls?
4. Where does Leo Szilard study engineering?
5. In the early 1900s, Budapest is the first European city to have what mode of transportation?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)