|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "An Extensive Burst".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who provides Lise Meitner a grant to continue experimenting?
(a) Nobel Foundation.
(b) Lewis Strauss.
(c) Neils Bohr.
(d) Princeton Foundation.
2. Why is Yehudi Menuhim famous?
(a) He discovers uranium.
(b) He is a child prodigy mathematician.
(c) He is a child prodigy violinist.
(d) He writes a book.
3. Who heads the Academic Assistance Council in the 1930's?
(a) Kurt Mendelssohn.
(b) Ernest Rutherford.
(c) John Maynard Keynes.
(d) Niels Bohr.
4. Who reorganizes the Hungarian school system along German lines?
(a) Michael Polanyi.
(b) Mor Karman.
(c) Eugene Wigner.
(d) Von Neumann.
5. What theory or principle does Albert Einstein not accept?
(a) The uncertainty principle.
(b) The relativity theory.
(c) Quantum mechanics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who discovers X-rays?
2. When does Rutherford announce that he splits the atom?
3. Where does Leo Szilard study engineering?
4. Whose contributions to 20th century physics rank second only to Albert Einstein's?
5. When are the Kaiser Wilhelm Institutes in Berlin dedicated?
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)