|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "An Extensive Burst".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the Third Reich promulgate its first anti-Jewish ordinance?
(a) June, 1933.
(b) April, 1933.
(c) September, 1933.
(d) January, 1933.
2. Who writes "The Shape of Things to Come"?
(a) Richard Rhodes.
(c) Leo Szilard.
(d) Max Planck.
3. What is the subject of the patent Leo Szilard gives to Lewis Strass as a memorial to Strauss' parents?
(b) Nucelar chain reaction.
(c) Production of radioactive cobalt.
(d) Solar energy.
4. What religion is Enrico Fermi?
5. When does de Hevesy's entire family become ennobled?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chaim Weizmann discover that helps the war effort?
2. Approximately how many wealthy Jewish men do the Germans send to concentration camps during the German Kristallnacht?
3. What is the subject of Leo Szilard's Ph.D. thesis?
4. Who provides Lise Meitner a grant to continue experimenting?
5. When are the Kaiser Wilhelm Institutes in Berlin dedicated?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)