|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "An Extensive Burst".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Frisch's parents go to live after his father is released from concentration camp?
2. What gas do the Germans first introduce into the war at Ypres, contrary to the terms of the Hague Declaration of 1899?
(a) Xylyl bromide.
(c) Nerve gas.
3. Who recruits Bohr for research in in radioactivity in Manchester?
(a) Ernest Rutherford.
(b) Leo Szilard.
(c) Max Planck.
(d) Albert Teller.
4. What can Von Karman do at age six that show he is a prodigy?
(a) Read science books.
(b) Multiply six figure numbers in his head.
(c) Write equations.
(d) Recite the periodic table.
5. Who conceives the atomic bomb?
(a) Albert Einstein.
(b) Ernest Rutherford.
(c) James Chadwick.
(d) Leo Szilard.
Short Answer Questions
1. When are the Kaiser Wilhelm Institutes in Berlin dedicated?
2. Bohr sets out the order of elements on the periodic table based on what part of the atom?
3. Where is particle acceleration developed?
4. What is the general topic for the Solvay Conference?
5. Who is the Director of the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge after World War I?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)