|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "An Extensive Burst".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who determines how to use x-ray spectroscopy to study atoms?
(a) Niels Bohr.
(b) Max Planck.
(c) Harry Moseley.
(d) Ernest Rutherford.
2. Who discovers that radium gives off a radioactive gas?
(a) Marie and Pierre Curie.
(b) Wilhelm Roentgen.
(c) Ernest Rutherford.
(d) Leo Szilard.
3. What gas do the Germans first introduce into the war at Ypres, contrary to the terms of the Hague Declaration of 1899?
(a) Nerve gas.
(c) Xylyl bromide.
4. What does Max Planck discover?
(a) Home refrigeration theory.
(b) The atom.
(c) A universal constant.
(d) The neutron.
5. Who is the token American at the Solvay Conference?
(a) George Rutherford.
(b) Robert Oppenheimer.
(c) Leland Stanford.
(d) Ernest Lawrence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the rumor that circulates regarding the 20th century Hungarian Jewish scientists?
2. What is the general topic for the Solvay Conference?
3. How old is Hitler when he comes to power?
4. What is hailed as the beginning of true nuclear physics?
5. When does Rutherford discover a radioactive gas emanating from thorium?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)