|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "An Extensive Burst".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the second woman in history to earn a Ph.D. at the University of Vienna?
(a) Maria Goeppert-Mayer.
(b) Marie Curie.
(c) Yehuda Menuhia.
(d) Lise Meitner.
2. When are the Kaiser Wilhelm Institutes in Berlin dedicated?
3. What is the topic of one of the debates that takes place at the Solvay Conference?
(c) The nuclear chain reaction.
(d) The structure of the proton.
4. Who is the Director of the London School of Economics in the 1930's?
(a) Edward Teller.
(b) A.E. Houseman.
(c) William Beveridge.
(d) John Maynard Keynes.
5. What does Chaim Weizmann discover that helps the war effort?
(a) A way to make radios more efficient.
(b) A new radioactive element.
(c) A secret code.
(d) An anerobic organism that decomposes starch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Director of the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge after World War I?
2. In 1873, what physicist says that atoms do not exist?
3. When does de Hevesy's entire family become ennobled?
4. When does the Solvay Conference in Brussels take place?
5. Who teaches Bohr about radiochemistry?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)