|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "An Extensive Burst".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Einstein's second wife's name?
2. Where does Bohr teach in 1916?
(a) University of Manchester.
(b) University of Edinburgh.
(c) University of Copenhagen.
(d) University of Berlin.
3. What two scientists are known to work together on gas warfare in German-occupied Brussels?
(a) Darwin and Meitner.
(b) Hahn and Haber.
(c) Haber and Meitner.
(d) Hahn and Darwin.
4. Who determines how to use x-ray spectroscopy to study atoms?
(a) Ernest Rutherford.
(b) Harry Moseley.
(c) Niels Bohr.
(d) Max Planck.
5. In the 1930's, where do Lise Meitner, Otto Hahn, and Fritz Strassman work when they are trying to sort out the elements created by neutron bombardment of the heaviest elements?
(a) Univeristy of Berlin.
(b) Univeristy of Franfurt.
(c) Tubingen University.
(d) Kaiser Wilheim Institute.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hans Bethe go after his dismissal from Tubingen?
2. Who envisions atoms as small billiard balls?
3. Where does John von Neumann go in 1930 when he leaves Germany?
4. What element does Enrico Fermi and his team begin to experiment with?
5. Who discovers radio waves in 1893?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)