|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "An Extensive Burst".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Einstein's second wife's name?
2. What is the rumor that circulates regarding the 20th century Hungarian Jewish scientists?
(a) They are not all Hungarians.
(b) They are visitors from Mars.
(c) They are specially trained from birth.
(d) They are related.
3. Who is the Director of the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge after World War I?
(a) Ernest Rutherford.
(b) Chaim Weizmann.
(c) Niels Bohr.
(d) Harry Moseley.
4. Where is particle acceleration developed?
5. How long does Lawrence calculate the size of the tube he needs?
(a) 100 yards.
(b) 1 mile.
(c) 2 miles.
(d) 100 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the Solvay Conference in Brussels take place?
2. What Russian-Jewish biochemist is later elected first president of Israel?
3. What does Bohr announce at a Washington conference in 1939?
4. What gas do the Germans first introduce into the war at Ypres, contrary to the terms of the Hague Declaration of 1899?
5. Who discovers that radium gives off a radioactive gas?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)