|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "An Extensive Burst".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the rumor that circulates regarding the 20th century Hungarian Jewish scientists?
(a) They are not all Hungarians.
(b) They are related.
(c) They are visitors from Mars.
(d) They are specially trained from birth.
2. What theoretical physicist moves to Manchester when he is twenty seven year old for experience working with radioactivity?
(a) Niels Bohr.
(b) Hans Gieger.
(c) Edward Teller.
(d) Eugene Wigner.
3. What does J.J. Thompson discover?
(a) The atom.
(b) The proton.
(c) The electron.
(d) The neutron.
4. What does Rolf Wideroe invent?
(a) An accelerator tube that avoids high voltage problems.
(b) A matrix table for elements.
(c) An accelerator tube that causes high voltage problems.
(d) A refrigerator that does not freeze.
5. Where does Hans Bethe go after his dismissal from Tubingen?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the token American at the Solvay Conference?
2. What instrument does Frisch use to prove the nucleus splits?
3. Whose contributions to 20th century physics rank second only to Albert Einstein's?
4. Who is the author of "Mein Kempf"?
5. When does de Hevesy's entire family become ennobled?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)