|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "An Extensive Burst".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Von Karman do at age six that show he is a prodigy?
(a) Multiply six figure numbers in his head.
(b) Read science books.
(c) Write equations.
(d) Recite the periodic table.
2. What does Rolf Wideroe invent?
(a) A refrigerator that does not freeze.
(b) An accelerator tube that avoids high voltage problems.
(c) An accelerator tube that causes high voltage problems.
(d) A matrix table for elements.
3. What is the topic of Enrico Fermi's fundamental paper?
(a) Neutron bombardment.
(b) Beta decay.
4. What is Theordor von Karman's area of study?
(a) Quantum mechanics.
(b) Theoretical physics.
(c) Experimental physics.
(d) Aeronautical physics.
5. By 1920, Jews make up what percent of Hungary's financiers?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lise Meitner go when she flees Germany?
2. What two scientists are known to work together on gas warfare in German-occupied Brussels?
3. Who is the second woman in history to earn a Ph.D. at the University of Vienna?
4. What is the general topic for the Solvay Conference?
5. Who confirms the existence of a neutron?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)