|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "An Extensive Burst".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After World War I, the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge becomes the center for what science?
(b) Quantum mechanics.
(c) Experimental physics.
(d) Nuclear physics.
2. Who writes "The Shape of Things to Come"?
(b) Leo Szilard.
(c) Richard Rhodes.
(d) Max Planck.
3. Who is the Director of the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge after World War I?
(a) Ernest Rutherford.
(b) Niels Bohr.
(c) Harry Moseley.
(d) Chaim Weizmann.
4. What religion is Enrico Fermi?
5. When does the Solvay Conference in Brussels take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Adloph Hitler become Chancellor of Germany?
2. What theory or principle does Albert Einstein not accept?
3. Who reorganizes the Hungarian school system along German lines?
4. What is the rumor that circulates regarding the 20th century Hungarian Jewish scientists?
5. What is the name of George Gamov's wife?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)