|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "An Extensive Burst".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who discovers X-rays?
(a) Wilhelm Roentgen.
(b) Leo Szilard.
(c) Ernest Rutherford.
(d) Ernest Lawrence.
2. When does de Hevesy's entire family become ennobled?
3. Who is the second woman in history to earn a Ph.D. at the University of Vienna?
(a) Maria Goeppert-Mayer.
(b) Lise Meitner.
(c) Yehuda Menuhia.
(d) Marie Curie.
4. How old is Hitler when he comes to power?
5. When World War I begins, Bohr moves from Denmark to where?
(d) United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Adloph Hitler become Chancellor of Germany?
2. A part of what country does Neville Chamberlain and Hitler agree should be ceded to Germany?
3. What is the rumor that circulates regarding the 20th century Hungarian Jewish scientists?
4. What instrument does Frisch use to prove the nucleus splits?
5. What gas do the Germans first introduce into the war at Ypres, contrary to the terms of the Hague Declaration of 1899?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)