|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "An Extensive Burst".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lise Meitner go when she flees Germany?
2. What is the subject of the patent Leo Szilard gives to Lewis Strass as a memorial to Strauss' parents?
(b) Nucelar chain reaction.
(c) Production of radioactive cobalt.
(d) Solar energy.
3. Who does Enrico Fermi team with to separate iodine isotopes?
(a) Patrick Blacket.
(b) Lisa Meitner.
(c) Ernest Lawrence.
(d) T.A. Chalmers.
4. What is Einstein's second wife's name?
5. What kind of planes does Germany use to bomb England?
(c) "Big Berthas".
Short Answer Questions
1. In the early 1900s, Budapest is the first European city to have what mode of transportation?
2. When does Marie Curie die?
3. What does "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion" advocate?
4. What element does Enrico Fermi and his team begin to experiment with?
5. When does Rutherford suggest the existence of the neutron?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)