|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 "Exodus".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who determines how to use x-ray spectroscopy to study atoms?
(a) Harry Moseley.
(b) Ernest Rutherford.
(c) Niels Bohr.
(d) Max Planck.
2. What does Rolf Wideroe invent?
(a) An accelerator tube that causes high voltage problems.
(b) A matrix table for elements.
(c) A refrigerator that does not freeze.
(d) An accelerator tube that avoids high voltage problems.
3. What is the topic of Bohr's first published scientific paper?
(a) The atom.
(d) The surface tension of water.
4. Who envisions atoms as small billiard balls?
(a) Isaac Newton.
(b) Leo Szilard.
(c) Max von Laue.
(d) Ernest Lawrence.
5. When does the Third Reich promulgate its first anti-Jewish ordinance?
(a) April, 1933.
(b) June, 1933.
(c) September, 1933.
(d) January, 1933.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Leo Szilard study engineering?
2. Where does Leo Szilard go from Berlin the day before the Nazis confiscate the rail system?
3. How many of the 20th century's most exceptional scientists, who go on to become involved in the atomic bomb, are produced by the Hungarian Jewish middle class?
4. After World War I, the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge becomes the center for what science?
5. Who reorganizes the Hungarian school system along German lines?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)