|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 "Exodus".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Director of the London School of Economics in the 1930's?
(a) Edward Teller.
(b) William Beveridge.
(c) A.E. Houseman.
(d) John Maynard Keynes.
2. When are the Kaiser Wilhelm Institutes in Berlin dedicated?
3. Who is the author of "Mein Kempf"?
(a) Adolf Hitler.
(b) The czarist secret police.
(c) Adolphus von Brogan.
(d) Eugene Wigner.
4. What can Von Karman do at age six that show he is a prodigy?
(a) Read science books.
(b) Multiply six figure numbers in his head.
(c) Recite the periodic table.
(d) Write equations.
5. How does Hans Bethe learn of his dismissal from Tubingen University?
(a) From the Third Reich.
(b) From the head of the faculty.
(c) From Leo Szilard.
(d) From a student.
Short Answer Questions
1. What theoretical physicist moves to Manchester when he is twenty seven year old for experience working with radioactivity?
2. Whose contributions to 20th century physics rank second only to Albert Einstein's?
3. When does Ernest Rutherford win the Nobel Prize in chemistry?
4. Bohr sets out the order of elements on the periodic table based on what part of the atom?
5. Why do the Jewish scientists leave Hungary?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)