|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 "Exodus".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Theordor von Karman's area of study?
(a) Experimental physics.
(b) Theoretical physics.
(c) Aeronautical physics.
(d) Quantum mechanics.
2. Who writes "The Shape of Things to Come"?
(b) Max Planck.
(c) Leo Szilard.
(d) Richard Rhodes.
3. Where does Hans Bethe go after his dismissal from Tubingen?
4. In the early 1900's, who do the Jewish commercial elite ally with, creating a large class of ennobled Jews?
(a) Old Hungarian nobility.
(b) Other European commercial groups.
(c) German nobility.
(d) Government bureaucracy.
5. Who discovers radio waves in 1893?
(a) Ernest Rutherford.
(b) Ludwig Mies van der Rohe.
(c) Max von Laue.
(d) James Maxwell.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the 1920's/1930's, what is the world's largest source of radioactive polonium?
2. When World War I begins, Bohr moves from Denmark to where?
3. Who recruits Bohr for research in in radioactivity in Manchester?
4. In the early 1900s, Budapest is the first European city to have what mode of transportation?
5. Who designs the first working cyclotron?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)