|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 "Exodus".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the second woman in history to earn a Ph.D. at the University of Vienna?
(a) Lise Meitner.
(b) Maria Goeppert-Mayer.
(c) Marie Curie.
(d) Yehuda Menuhia.
2. What does Rolf Wideroe invent?
(a) A matrix table for elements.
(b) An accelerator tube that avoids high voltage problems.
(c) A refrigerator that does not freeze.
(d) An accelerator tube that causes high voltage problems.
3. After World War I, the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge becomes the center for what science?
(b) Nuclear physics.
(c) Experimental physics.
(d) Quantum mechanics.
4. Who heads the Academic Assistance Council in the 1930's?
(a) Kurt Mendelssohn.
(b) Ernest Rutherford.
(c) Niels Bohr.
(d) John Maynard Keynes.
5. How old is Hitler when he comes to power?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Queen Victoria of England's oldest grandson?
2. How many of the 20th century's most exceptional scientists, who go on to become involved in the atomic bomb, are produced by the Hungarian Jewish middle class?
3. Who teaches Bohr about radiochemistry?
4. When does the Third Reich promulgate its first anti-Jewish ordinance?
5. When does Ernest Lawrence win the Nobel Prize in Physics for producing a working model of the cyclotron?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)