|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 "Exodus".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gas do the Germans first introduce into the war at Ypres, contrary to the terms of the Hague Declaration of 1899?
(b) Xylyl bromide.
(c) Nerve gas.
2. Who is the financial mainstay of pioneering Jewish settlements in Palestine when World War I begins?
(a) David Lloyd George.
(b) Edmond de Rothchild.
(c) Andrew Carnegie.
(d) J.P. Morgan.
3. Bohr sets out the order of elements on the periodic table based on what part of the atom?
4. When does Rutherford suggest the existence of the neutron?
5. Who is the Director of the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge after World War I?
(a) Ernest Rutherford.
(b) Chaim Weizmann.
(c) Niels Bohr.
(d) Harry Moseley.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Albert Einstein's theory of relativity proven through studies during an eclipse of the sun?
2. Who envisions atoms as small billiard balls?
3. Where is particle acceleration developed?
4. When does Rutherford announce that he splits the atom?
5. About how many refugee physicists go the United States between 1933 and 1941?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)