|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 "Exodus".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Jewish scientists leave Hungary?
(a) Because they want to find better schooling.
(b) Because of increasingly violent anti-Semitism.
(c) Because of family.
(d) Because they want to go to Israel.
2. After finishing his Ph.D., where does Bohr start work?
(a) University of Copenhagan.
(b) University of Denmark.
(c) Edinburgh Laboratory.
(d) Cavendish Laboratory.
3. What is Theordor von Karman's area of study?
(a) Quantum mechanics.
(b) Theoretical physics.
(c) Aeronautical physics.
(d) Experimental physics.
4. Where does Leo Szilard study engineering?
5. When does de Hevesy's entire family become ennobled?
Short Answer Questions
1. Ernest Rutherford moves from New Zealand to where?
2. Who conceives the atomic bomb?
3. Who reorganizes the Hungarian school system along German lines?
4. In 1873, what physicist says that atoms do not exist?
5. What does Otto Hahn and Lise Meitner research together?
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)