|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 "Exodus".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the topic of Bohr's first published scientific paper?
(b) The atom.
(d) The surface tension of water.
2. When does Robert Oppenheimer come to Berkeley?
3. What gas do the Germans first introduce into the war at Ypres, contrary to the terms of the Hague Declaration of 1899?
(a) Xylyl bromide.
(d) Nerve gas.
4. What can Von Karman do at age six that show he is a prodigy?
(a) Multiply six figure numbers in his head.
(b) Recite the periodic table.
(c) Write equations.
(d) Read science books.
5. What is the rumor that circulates regarding the 20th century Hungarian Jewish scientists?
(a) They are related.
(b) They are not all Hungarians.
(c) They are specially trained from birth.
(d) They are visitors from Mars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bohr teach in 1916?
2. Bohr sets out the order of elements on the periodic table based on what part of the atom?
3. When does de Hevesy's entire family become ennobled?
4. Where is particle acceleration developed?
5. In the early 1900s, Budapest is the first European city to have what mode of transportation?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)