|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 "Exodus".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the rumor that circulates regarding the 20th century Hungarian Jewish scientists?
(a) They are not all Hungarians.
(b) They are visitors from Mars.
(c) They are related.
(d) They are specially trained from birth.
2. What is the specific topic of Bohr's controversial paper in 1913?
(b) Water tension.
(c) Quantam theory.
(d) Atomic bomb.
3. Who is the Director of the London School of Economics in the 1930's?
(a) William Beveridge.
(b) John Maynard Keynes.
(c) Edward Teller.
(d) A.E. Houseman.
4. When does Rutherford discover a radioactive gas emanating from thorium?
5. Where does Bohr teach in 1916?
(a) University of Berlin.
(b) University of Manchester.
(c) University of Copenhagen.
(d) University of Edinburgh.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the 20th century's most exceptional scientists, who go on to become involved in the atomic bomb, are produced by the Hungarian Jewish middle class?
2. What does Otto Hahn and Lise Meitner research together?
3. When does Ernest Lawrence win the Nobel Prize in Physics for producing a working model of the cyclotron?
4. What theoretical physicist moves to Manchester when he is twenty seven year old for experience working with radioactivity?
5. What is Einstein's second wife's name?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)