|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 "Exodus".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how many refugee physicists go the United States between 1933 and 1941?
2. Who confirms the existence of a neutron?
(a) James Chadwick.
(b) Ernest Lawrence.
(c) Max von Laue.
(d) Fyodor Vinbert.
3. When does Rutherford discover a radioactive gas emanating from thorium?
4. The title of this chapter comes from what philosopher's writings?
5. When does Rutherford suggest the existence of the neutron?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who discovers X-rays?
2. When does the Allied campaign at the Turkish Gallipoli Peninsula begin?
3. What is the topic of Bohr's first published scientific paper?
4. How many of the 20th century's most exceptional scientists, who go on to become involved in the atomic bomb, are produced by the Hungarian Jewish middle class?
5. What is hailed as the beginning of true nuclear physics?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)