|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 "Exodus".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Lawrence calculate the size of the tube he needs?
(a) 100 feet.
(b) 2 miles.
(c) 1 mile.
(d) 100 yards.
2. What is Einstein's second wife's name?
3. What is the subject of Leo Szilard's Ph.D. thesis?
(a) Nuclear physics.
(b) General physics.
4. Who discovers that radium gives off a radioactive gas?
(a) Wilhelm Roentgen.
(b) Ernest Rutherford.
(c) Marie and Pierre Curie.
(d) Leo Szilard.
5. When does Robert Oppenheimer come to Berkeley?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the financial mainstay of pioneering Jewish settlements in Palestine when World War I begins?
2. What does J.J. Thompson discover?
3. The title of this chapter comes from what philosopher's writings?
4. How many patents does Szilard apply for in Germany between 1924 and 1934?
5. When are the Kaiser Wilhelm Institutes in Berlin dedicated?
This section contains 143 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)