|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 "Exodus".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who heads the Academic Assistance Council in the 1930's?
(a) Ernest Rutherford.
(b) Kurt Mendelssohn.
(c) Niels Bohr.
(d) John Maynard Keynes.
2. What does J.J. Thompson discover?
(a) The proton.
(b) The atom.
(c) The electron.
(d) The neutron.
3. What is hailed as the beginning of true nuclear physics?
(a) The design of the cyclotron.
(b) The discovery of the proton.
(c) The design of the spiral particle accelerator.
(d) The discovery of the neutron.
4. What two scientists are known to work together on gas warfare in German-occupied Brussels?
(a) Haber and Meitner.
(b) Hahn and Haber.
(c) Hahn and Darwin.
(d) Darwin and Meitner.
5. Who recruits Bohr for research in in radioactivity in Manchester?
(a) Leo Szilard.
(b) Ernest Rutherford.
(c) Max Planck.
(d) Albert Teller.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rolf Wideroe invent?
2. What does Chaim Weizmann discover that helps the war effort?
3. What does "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion" advocate?
4. When does Rutherford announce that he splits the atom?
5. Who is the Director of the London School of Economics in the 1930's?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)