|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 "Exodus".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Director of the London School of Economics in the 1930's?
(a) John Maynard Keynes.
(b) William Beveridge.
(c) Edward Teller.
(d) A.E. Houseman.
2. After World War I, the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge becomes the center for what science?
(a) Quantum mechanics.
(c) Experimental physics.
(d) Nuclear physics.
3. In the early 1900's, who do the Jewish commercial elite ally with, creating a large class of ennobled Jews?
(a) Other European commercial groups.
(b) Government bureaucracy.
(c) German nobility.
(d) Old Hungarian nobility.
4. In the early 1900s, Budapest is the first European city to have what mode of transportation?
5. In 1873, what physicist says that atoms do not exist?
(a) James Maxwell.
(b) Max Planck.
(c) James Chadwick.
(d) Fyodor Vinbert.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Max Planck discover?
2. What theory or principle does Albert Einstein not accept?
3. What is the name of Bohr's wife?
4. When does Bohr win the Nobel Prize in physics?
5. Who designs the first working cyclotron?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)