|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 "Exodus".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Theordor von Karman's area of study?
(a) Quantum mechanics.
(b) Experimental physics.
(c) Aeronautical physics.
(d) Theoretical physics.
2. Who conceives the atomic bomb?
(a) Albert Einstein.
(b) James Chadwick.
(c) Leo Szilard.
(d) Ernest Rutherford.
3. Who designs the first working cyclotron?
4. About how many refugee physicists go the United States between 1933 and 1941?
5. How many of the 20th century's most exceptional scientists, who go on to become involved in the atomic bomb, are produced by the Hungarian Jewish middle class?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Bohr receive his Ph.D.?
2. What is the name of Bohr's wife?
3. Who is Queen Victoria of England's oldest grandson?
4. Whose contributions to 20th century physics rank second only to Albert Einstein's?
5. When does Ernest Rutherford win the Nobel Prize in chemistry?
This section contains 148 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)