|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 "Exodus".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the topic of Bohr's first published scientific paper?
(a) The atom.
(c) The surface tension of water.
2. Where is particle acceleration developed?
3. Who is Queen Victoria of England's oldest grandson?
(a) George III.
(b) Kaiser Wilhelm II.
(c) King Edward VII.
(d) Prince Edward.
4. Who envisions atoms as small billiard balls?
(a) Isaac Newton.
(b) Max von Laue.
(c) Leo Szilard.
(d) Ernest Lawrence.
5. Where does John von Neumann go in 1930 when he leaves Germany?
Short Answer Questions
1. About how many refugee physicists go the United States between 1933 and 1941?
2. How long does Lawrence calculate the size of the tube he needs?
3. Where does Leo Szilard go from Berlin the day before the Nazis confiscate the rail system?
4. Who works with Rutherford to develop a counter for alpha particles?
5. Who discovers X-rays?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)