|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 "Exodus".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who works with Rutherford to develop a counter for alpha particles?
(a) Hans Gieger.
(b) Edward Teller.
(c) J.J. Thompson.
(d) John von Neumann.
2. How old is Hitler when he comes to power?
3. Why do the Jewish scientists leave Hungary?
(a) Because they want to go to Israel.
(b) Because of family.
(c) Because they want to find better schooling.
(d) Because of increasingly violent anti-Semitism.
4. Where is particle acceleration developed?
5. In the 1920's/1930's, what is the world's largest source of radioactive polonium?
(a) Marie Curie's Radium Institute.
(c) University of Manchester.
(d) Cavendish Laboratory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does John von Neumann go in 1930 when he leaves Germany?
2. Why is Yehudi Menuhim famous?
3. How long does Lawrence calculate the size of the tube he needs?
4. Who conceives the atomic bomb?
5. What does "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion" advocate?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)