|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 "Exodus".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion" advocate?
(a) The destruction of the Jews.
(b) The earlier education of child prodigies.
(c) The destruction of Arians.
(d) The founding of a Jewish homeland.
2. How many of the 20th century's most exceptional scientists, who go on to become involved in the atomic bomb, are produced by the Hungarian Jewish middle class?
3. Who is the Director of the London School of Economics in the 1930's?
(a) William Beveridge.
(b) Edward Teller.
(c) A.E. Houseman.
(d) John Maynard Keynes.
4. In the 1920's/1930's, what is the world's largest source of radioactive polonium?
(a) Marie Curie's Radium Institute.
(c) University of Manchester.
(d) Cavendish Laboratory.
5. What gas do the Germans first introduce into the war at Ypres, contrary to the terms of the Hague Declaration of 1899?
(c) Xylyl bromide.
(d) Nerve gas.
Short Answer Questions
1. By 1920, Jews make up what percent of Hungary's financiers?
2. Who is the financial mainstay of pioneering Jewish settlements in Palestine when World War I begins?
3. When does de Hevesy's entire family become ennobled?
4. When does the Allied campaign at the Turkish Gallipoli Peninsula begin?
5. When World War I begins, Bohr moves from Denmark to where?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)