|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 "Exodus".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Bohr's wife?
2. What theoretical physicist moves to Manchester when he is twenty seven year old for experience working with radioactivity?
(a) Hans Gieger.
(b) Edward Teller.
(c) Niels Bohr.
(d) Eugene Wigner.
3. What does J.J. Thompson discover?
(a) The proton.
(b) The electron.
(c) The atom.
(d) The neutron.
4. When does Robert Oppenheimer come to Berkeley?
5. Who becomes the first unconverted Jew ennobled since the Middle Ages?
(b) de Hevesy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who recruits Bohr for research in in radioactivity in Manchester?
2. What is the topic of Bohr's first published scientific paper?
3. In 1873, what physicist says that atoms do not exist?
4. By 1920, Jews make up what percent of Hungary's financiers?
5. Why do the Jewish scientists leave Hungary?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)