|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 "Exodus".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does John von Neumann go in 1930 when he leaves Germany?
2. What can Von Karman do at age six that show he is a prodigy?
(a) Write equations.
(b) Multiply six figure numbers in his head.
(c) Recite the periodic table.
(d) Read science books.
3. Who writes "The Shape of Things to Come"?
(a) Richard Rhodes.
(b) Leo Szilard.
(c) Max Planck.
4. In 1910, Jews make up what percent of the Hungarian population?
5. When does Ernest Rutherford win the Nobel Prize in chemistry?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reorganizes the Hungarian school system along German lines?
2. What theoretical physicist moves to Manchester when he is twenty seven year old for experience working with radioactivity?
3. Bohr sets out the order of elements on the periodic table based on what part of the atom?
4. Ernest Rutherford moves from New Zealand to where?
5. When does Rutherford announce that he splits the atom?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)