|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 "Exodus".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how many refugee physicists go the United States between 1933 and 1941?
2. Who confirms the existence of a neutron?
(a) Ernest Lawrence.
(b) Fyodor Vinbert.
(c) Max von Laue.
(d) James Chadwick.
3. When does Rutherford suggest the existence of the neutron?
4. Where does Leo Szilard study engineering?
5. What is hailed as the beginning of true nuclear physics?
(a) The design of the spiral particle accelerator.
(b) The design of the cyclotron.
(c) The discovery of the neutron.
(d) The discovery of the proton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose contributions to 20th century physics rank second only to Albert Einstein's?
2. Why is Yehudi Menuhim famous?
3. Who reorganizes the Hungarian school system along German lines?
4. In the 1920's/1930's, what is the world's largest source of radioactive polonium?
5. When does Bohr receive his Ph.D.?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)