|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "Men from Mars".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Adloph Hitler become Chancellor of Germany?
(a) January 30, 1933.
(b) December 10, 1932.
(c) December 8, 1931.
(d) April 30, 1932.
2. Who is the financial mainstay of pioneering Jewish settlements in Palestine when World War I begins?
(a) Edmond de Rothchild.
(b) Andrew Carnegie.
(c) J.P. Morgan.
(d) David Lloyd George.
3. Where does Leo Szilard study engineering?
4. Who teaches Bohr about radiochemistry?
(a) Ernest Rutherford.
(b) John Karman.
(c) George de Hevesy.
(d) Eugene Wigner.
5. Who reorganizes the Hungarian school system along German lines?
(a) Michael Polanyi.
(b) Von Neumann.
(c) Eugene Wigner.
(d) Mor Karman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who discovers X-rays?
2. What does Chaim Weizmann discover that helps the war effort?
3. What can Von Karman do at age six that show he is a prodigy?
4. When does Ernest Rutherford win the Nobel Prize in chemistry?
5. When does Rutherford discover a radioactive gas emanating from thorium?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)