|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "Men from Mars".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ernest Rutherford moves from New Zealand to where?
2. What does "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion" advocate?
(a) The earlier education of child prodigies.
(b) The founding of a Jewish homeland.
(c) The destruction of Arians.
(d) The destruction of the Jews.
3. Why do the Jewish scientists leave Hungary?
(a) Because they want to find better schooling.
(b) Because of family.
(c) Because they want to go to Israel.
(d) Because of increasingly violent anti-Semitism.
4. Who discovers X-rays?
(a) Wilhelm Roentgen.
(b) Leo Szilard.
(c) Ernest Rutherford.
(d) Ernest Lawrence.
5. When does Ernest Lawrence win the Nobel Prize in Physics for producing a working model of the cyclotron?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Leo Szilard go from Berlin the day before the Nazis confiscate the rail system?
2. After finishing his Ph.D., where does Bohr start work?
3. What can Von Karman do at age six that show he is a prodigy?
4. Who is the second woman in history to earn a Ph.D. at the University of Vienna?
5. Who confirms the existence of a neutron?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)