|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "Men from Mars".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does J.J. Thompson discover?
(a) The atom.
(b) The neutron.
(c) The proton.
(d) The electron.
2. When does Rutherford discover a radioactive gas emanating from thorium?
3. What does "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion" advocate?
(a) The founding of a Jewish homeland.
(b) The destruction of Arians.
(c) The destruction of the Jews.
(d) The earlier education of child prodigies.
4. Who is the financial mainstay of pioneering Jewish settlements in Palestine when World War I begins?
(a) J.P. Morgan.
(b) Andrew Carnegie.
(c) Edmond de Rothchild.
(d) David Lloyd George.
5. Who discovers that radium gives off a radioactive gas?
(a) Wilhelm Roentgen.
(b) Leo Szilard.
(c) Marie and Pierre Curie.
(d) Ernest Rutherford.
Short Answer Questions
1. The title of this chapter comes from what philosopher's writings?
2. Who discovers X-rays?
3. By 1920, Jews make up what percent of Hungary's financiers?
4. What theoretical physicist moves to Manchester when he is twenty seven year old for experience working with radioactivity?
5. Who writes "The Shape of Things to Come"?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)