|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "Men from Mars".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does de Hevesy's entire family become ennobled?
2. Who is the second woman in history to earn a Ph.D. at the University of Vienna?
(a) Maria Goeppert-Mayer.
(b) Yehuda Menuhia.
(c) Lise Meitner.
(d) Marie Curie.
3. What does J.J. Thompson discover?
(a) The atom.
(b) The proton.
(c) The neutron.
(d) The electron.
4. By 1920, Jews make up what percent of Hungary's financiers?
5. Who discovers that radium gives off a radioactive gas?
(a) Leo Szilard.
(b) Wilhelm Roentgen.
(c) Ernest Rutherford.
(d) Marie and Pierre Curie.
Short Answer Questions
1. When are the Kaiser Wilhelm Institutes in Berlin dedicated?
2. Who teaches Bohr about radiochemistry?
3. What theoretical physicist moves to Manchester when he is twenty seven year old for experience working with radioactivity?
4. Who works with Rutherford to develop a counter for alpha particles?
5. When does Adloph Hitler become Chancellor of Germany?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)