|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "Men from Mars".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the early 1900s, Budapest is the first European city to have what mode of transportation?
2. When does de Hevesy's entire family become ennobled?
3. What Russian-Jewish biochemist is later elected first president of Israel?
(a) Eugene Wigner.
(b) Chaim Weizmann.
(c) George de Hevesy.
(d) Theodor von Penski.
4. What theory or principle does Albert Einstein not accept?
(a) Quantum mechanics.
(c) The uncertainty principle.
(d) The relativity theory.
5. When World War I begins, Bohr moves from Denmark to where?
(d) United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Leo Szilard study engineering?
2. Who is the second woman in history to earn a Ph.D. at the University of Vienna?
3. When does Rutherford discover a radioactive gas emanating from thorium?
4. Who discovers X-rays?
5. When does the Allied campaign at the Turkish Gallipoli Peninsula begin?
This section contains 149 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)