|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "Men from Mars".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes "The Shape of Things to Come"?
(a) Leo Szilard.
(c) Max Planck.
(d) Richard Rhodes.
2. When World War I begins, Bohr moves from Denmark to where?
(a) United States.
3. After finishing his Ph.D., where does Bohr start work?
(a) University of Denmark.
(b) Cavendish Laboratory.
(c) University of Copenhagan.
(d) Edinburgh Laboratory.
4. What does Otto Hahn and Lise Meitner research together?
5. What does Chaim Weizmann discover that helps the war effort?
(a) An anerobic organism that decomposes starch.
(b) A way to make radios more efficient.
(c) A new radioactive element.
(d) A secret code.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Von Karman do at age six that show he is a prodigy?
2. What does Max Planck discover?
3. How many of the 20th century's most exceptional scientists, who go on to become involved in the atomic bomb, are produced by the Hungarian Jewish middle class?
4. Who is the financial mainstay of pioneering Jewish settlements in Palestine when World War I begins?
5. What is the rumor that circulates regarding the 20th century Hungarian Jewish scientists?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)