|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "Men from Mars".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does de Hevesy's entire family become ennobled?
2. Who discovers X-rays?
(a) Ernest Rutherford.
(b) Wilhelm Roentgen.
(c) Leo Szilard.
(d) Ernest Lawrence.
3. What does "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion" advocate?
(a) The destruction of the Jews.
(b) The founding of a Jewish homeland.
(c) The destruction of Arians.
(d) The earlier education of child prodigies.
4. What is the subject of Leo Szilard's Ph.D. thesis?
(a) Nuclear physics.
(b) General physics.
5. When does Adloph Hitler become Chancellor of Germany?
(a) December 8, 1931.
(b) December 10, 1932.
(c) April 30, 1932.
(d) January 30, 1933.
Short Answer Questions
1. By 1920, Jews make up what percent of Hungary's financiers?
2. How many of the 20th century's most exceptional scientists, who go on to become involved in the atomic bomb, are produced by the Hungarian Jewish middle class?
3. What can Von Karman do at age six that show he is a prodigy?
4. Who writes "The Shape of Things to Come"?
5. Where does Leo Szilard go from Berlin the day before the Nazis confiscate the rail system?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)