|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "Men from Mars".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the early 1900s, Budapest is the first European city to have what mode of transportation?
2. In 1873, what physicist says that atoms do not exist?
(a) James Maxwell.
(b) Fyodor Vinbert.
(c) Max Planck.
(d) James Chadwick.
3. Why is Yehudi Menuhim famous?
(a) He is a child prodigy mathematician.
(b) He writes a book.
(c) He discovers uranium.
(d) He is a child prodigy violinist.
4. What is the subject of Leo Szilard's Ph.D. thesis?
(a) Nuclear physics.
(c) General physics.
5. When does Ernest Rutherford win the Nobel Prize in chemistry?
Short Answer Questions
1. What theoretical physicist moves to Manchester when he is twenty seven year old for experience working with radioactivity?
2. What does Otto Hahn and Lise Meitner research together?
3. What is the rumor that circulates regarding the 20th century Hungarian Jewish scientists?
4. Who discovers that radium gives off a radioactive gas?
5. What two scientists are known to work together on gas warfare in German-occupied Brussels?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)