|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "Men from Mars".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bohr sets out the order of elements on the periodic table based on what part of the atom?
2. By 1920, Jews make up what percent of Hungary's financiers?
3. Who becomes the first unconverted Jew ennobled since the Middle Ages?
(c) de Hevesy.
4. In the early 1900s, Budapest is the first European city to have what mode of transportation?
5. What Russian-Jewish biochemist is later elected first president of Israel?
(a) Chaim Weizmann.
(b) Eugene Wigner.
(c) George de Hevesy.
(d) Theodor von Penski.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Bohr win the Nobel Prize in physics?
2. Who confirms the existence of a neutron?
3. When does Ernest Lawrence win the Nobel Prize in Physics for producing a working model of the cyclotron?
4. When does Ernest Rutherford win the Nobel Prize in chemistry?
5. In 1873, what physicist says that atoms do not exist?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)