|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "Men from Mars".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who conceives the atomic bomb?
(a) Ernest Rutherford.
(b) James Chadwick.
(c) Albert Einstein.
(d) Leo Szilard.
2. Who works with Rutherford to develop a counter for alpha particles?
(a) Hans Gieger.
(b) J.J. Thompson.
(c) Edward Teller.
(d) John von Neumann.
3. In the early 1900's, who do the Jewish commercial elite ally with, creating a large class of ennobled Jews?
(a) German nobility.
(b) Government bureaucracy.
(c) Old Hungarian nobility.
(d) Other European commercial groups.
4. When World War I begins, Bohr moves from Denmark to where?
(b) United States.
5. Who reorganizes the Hungarian school system along German lines?
(a) Eugene Wigner.
(b) Mor Karman.
(c) Michael Polanyi.
(d) Von Neumann.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who confirms the existence of a neutron?
2. When does Adloph Hitler become Chancellor of Germany?
3. How many patents does Szilard apply for in Germany between 1924 and 1934?
4. When does Bohr win the Nobel Prize in physics?
5. What does J.J. Thompson discover?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)