|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "Men from Mars".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the subject of Leo Szilard's Ph.D. thesis?
(a) Nuclear physics.
(b) General physics.
2. What does Otto Hahn and Lise Meitner research together?
3. Who envisions atoms as small billiard balls?
(a) Leo Szilard.
(b) Isaac Newton.
(c) Max von Laue.
(d) Ernest Lawrence.
4. What is the topic of Bohr's first published scientific paper?
(b) The atom.
(c) The surface tension of water.
5. Who determines how to use x-ray spectroscopy to study atoms?
(a) Niels Bohr.
(b) Harry Moseley.
(c) Ernest Rutherford.
(d) Max Planck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who recruits Bohr for research in in radioactivity in Manchester?
2. When does Rutherford discover a radioactive gas emanating from thorium?
3. When does Bohr win the Nobel Prize in physics?
4. Where does Bohr teach in 1916?
5. In the early 1900s, Budapest is the first European city to have what mode of transportation?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)