|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "Men from Mars".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who teaches Bohr about radiochemistry?
(a) George de Hevesy.
(b) Ernest Rutherford.
(c) Eugene Wigner.
(d) John Karman.
2. What is the subject of Leo Szilard's Ph.D. thesis?
(b) General physics.
(c) Nuclear physics.
3. When are the Kaiser Wilhelm Institutes in Berlin dedicated?
4. Where does Bohr teach in 1916?
(a) University of Edinburgh.
(b) University of Manchester.
(c) University of Berlin.
(d) University of Copenhagen.
5. What is the topic of Bohr's first published scientific paper?
(b) The surface tension of water.
(c) The atom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bohr sets out the order of elements on the periodic table based on what part of the atom?
2. After finishing his Ph.D., where does Bohr start work?
3. When does Rutherford discover a radioactive gas emanating from thorium?
4. Who determines how to use x-ray spectroscopy to study atoms?
5. Where does Leo Szilard go from Berlin the day before the Nazis confiscate the rail system?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)