|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "Men from Mars".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the topic of Bohr's first published scientific paper?
(a) The atom.
(c) The surface tension of water.
2. What does Chaim Weizmann discover that helps the war effort?
(a) A new radioactive element.
(b) A secret code.
(c) An anerobic organism that decomposes starch.
(d) A way to make radios more efficient.
3. Who envisions atoms as small billiard balls?
(a) Leo Szilard.
(b) Max von Laue.
(c) Isaac Newton.
(d) Ernest Lawrence.
4. When does Bohr win the Nobel Prize in physics?
5. By 1920, Jews make up what percent of Hungary's financiers?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the specific topic of Bohr's controversial paper in 1913?
2. Why is Yehudi Menuhim famous?
3. Who recruits Bohr for research in in radioactivity in Manchester?
4. In the early 1900's, who do the Jewish commercial elite ally with, creating a large class of ennobled Jews?
5. Why do the Jewish scientists leave Hungary?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)