|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "Men from Mars".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Max Planck discover?
(a) The atom.
(b) Home refrigeration theory.
(c) A universal constant.
(d) The neutron.
2. By 1920, Jews make up what percent of Hungary's financiers?
3. When are the Kaiser Wilhelm Institutes in Berlin dedicated?
4. Whose contributions to 20th century physics rank second only to Albert Einstein's?
(a) Ernest Rutherford.
(b) Isaac Newton.
(c) Niels Bohr.
(d) George de Hevesy.
5. Who confirms the existence of a neutron?
(a) James Chadwick.
(b) Fyodor Vinbert.
(c) Max von Laue.
(d) Ernest Lawrence.
Short Answer Questions
1. When World War I begins, Bohr moves from Denmark to where?
2. How many patents does Szilard apply for in Germany between 1924 and 1934?
3. When does Bohr receive his Ph.D.?
4. Why do the Jewish scientists leave Hungary?
5. What is the subject of Leo Szilard's Ph.D. thesis?
This section contains 149 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)