|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "Men from Mars".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When World War I begins, Bohr moves from Denmark to where?
(a) United States.
2. What theory or principle does Albert Einstein not accept?
(a) The uncertainty principle.
(b) The relativity theory.
(c) Quantum mechanics.
3. When does Bohr receive his Ph.D.?
4. What is the topic of Bohr's first published scientific paper?
(a) The surface tension of water.
(d) The atom.
5. What can Von Karman do at age six that show he is a prodigy?
(a) Write equations.
(b) Recite the periodic table.
(c) Read science books.
(d) Multiply six figure numbers in his head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who discovers X-rays?
2. In 1910, Jews make up what percent of the Hungarian population?
3. Who discovers that radium gives off a radioactive gas?
4. Who reorganizes the Hungarian school system along German lines?
5. What does Otto Hahn and Lise Meitner research together?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)