|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "Men from Mars".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ernest Rutherford moves from New Zealand to where?
2. What is the specific topic of Bohr's controversial paper in 1913?
(a) Atomic bomb.
(c) Water tension.
(d) Quantam theory.
3. Who is the second woman in history to earn a Ph.D. at the University of Vienna?
(a) Yehuda Menuhia.
(b) Maria Goeppert-Mayer.
(c) Lise Meitner.
(d) Marie Curie.
4. What two scientists are known to work together on gas warfare in German-occupied Brussels?
(a) Hahn and Darwin.
(b) Hahn and Haber.
(c) Darwin and Meitner.
(d) Haber and Meitner.
5. Who discovers X-rays?
(a) Ernest Rutherford.
(b) Leo Szilard.
(c) Wilhelm Roentgen.
(d) Ernest Lawrence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bohr sets out the order of elements on the periodic table based on what part of the atom?
2. By 1920, Jews make up what percent of Hungary's financiers?
3. What does Max Planck discover?
4. Who confirms the existence of a neutron?
5. When does Adloph Hitler become Chancellor of Germany?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)