|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "Tvi".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the specific topic of Bohr's controversial paper in 1913?
(b) Atomic bomb.
(c) Quantam theory.
(d) Water tension.
2. In 1873, what physicist says that atoms do not exist?
(a) Max Planck.
(b) James Chadwick.
(c) Fyodor Vinbert.
(d) James Maxwell.
3. When does Adloph Hitler become Chancellor of Germany?
(a) January 30, 1933.
(b) April 30, 1932.
(c) December 10, 1932.
(d) December 8, 1931.
4. Who recruits Bohr for research in in radioactivity in Manchester?
(a) Leo Szilard.
(b) Albert Teller.
(c) Max Planck.
(d) Ernest Rutherford.
5. When does Ernest Lawrence win the Nobel Prize in Physics for producing a working model of the cyclotron?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose contributions to 20th century physics rank second only to Albert Einstein's?
2. Who discovers X-rays?
3. What theoretical physicist moves to Manchester when he is twenty seven year old for experience working with radioactivity?
4. How many patents does Szilard apply for in Germany between 1924 and 1934?
5. Why is Yehudi Menuhim famous?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)