|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "Tvi".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who teaches Bohr about radiochemistry?
(a) Eugene Wigner.
(b) Ernest Rutherford.
(c) John Karman.
(d) George de Hevesy.
2. After finishing his Ph.D., where does Bohr start work?
(a) Cavendish Laboratory.
(b) University of Denmark.
(c) Edinburgh Laboratory.
(d) University of Copenhagan.
3. Who writes "The Shape of Things to Come"?
(a) Max Planck.
(c) Leo Szilard.
(d) Richard Rhodes.
4. Whose contributions to 20th century physics rank second only to Albert Einstein's?
(a) Ernest Rutherford.
(b) Niels Bohr.
(c) George de Hevesy.
(d) Isaac Newton.
5. What is the specific topic of Bohr's controversial paper in 1913?
(a) Quantam theory.
(b) Water tension.
(d) Atomic bomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Rutherford discover a radioactive gas emanating from thorium?
2. Who discovers X-rays?
3. Bohr sets out the order of elements on the periodic table based on what part of the atom?
4. Why is Yehudi Menuhim famous?
5. What does Max Planck discover?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)