|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "Tvi".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who envisions atoms as small billiard balls?
(a) Max von Laue.
(b) Isaac Newton.
(c) Leo Szilard.
(d) Ernest Lawrence.
2. Who works with Rutherford to develop a counter for alpha particles?
(a) John von Neumann.
(b) Hans Gieger.
(c) J.J. Thompson.
(d) Edward Teller.
3. When does Bohr receive his Ph.D.?
4. What is the name of Bohr's wife?
5. Who discovers that radium gives off a radioactive gas?
(a) Ernest Rutherford.
(b) Leo Szilard.
(c) Marie and Pierre Curie.
(d) Wilhelm Roentgen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who teaches Bohr about radiochemistry?
2. Bohr sets out the order of elements on the periodic table based on what part of the atom?
3. Who confirms the existence of a neutron?
4. How many patents does Szilard apply for in Germany between 1924 and 1934?
5. Whose contributions to 20th century physics rank second only to Albert Einstein's?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)