|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "Tvi".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Leo Szilard study engineering?
2. When does Bohr receive his Ph.D.?
3. How many patents does Szilard apply for in Germany between 1924 and 1934?
4. Whose contributions to 20th century physics rank second only to Albert Einstein's?
(a) Niels Bohr.
(b) Ernest Rutherford.
(c) Isaac Newton.
(d) George de Hevesy.
5. What is the name of Bohr's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who conceives the atomic bomb?
2. Who envisions atoms as small billiard balls?
3. What does J.J. Thompson discover?
4. Where does Leo Szilard go from Berlin the day before the Nazis confiscate the rail system?
5. In 1873, what physicist says that atoms do not exist?
This section contains 141 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)