|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "Tvi".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What theoretical physicist moves to Manchester when he is twenty seven year old for experience working with radioactivity?
(a) Edward Teller.
(b) Eugene Wigner.
(c) Hans Gieger.
(d) Niels Bohr.
2. What is the name of Bohr's wife?
3. What does Max Planck discover?
(a) Home refrigeration theory.
(b) The neutron.
(c) A universal constant.
(d) The atom.
4. Who recruits Bohr for research in in radioactivity in Manchester?
(a) Ernest Rutherford.
(b) Leo Szilard.
(c) Albert Teller.
(d) Max Planck.
5. When does Ernest Rutherford win the Nobel Prize in chemistry?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Ernest Lawrence win the Nobel Prize in Physics for producing a working model of the cyclotron?
2. After finishing his Ph.D., where does Bohr start work?
3. Bohr sets out the order of elements on the periodic table based on what part of the atom?
4. Whose contributions to 20th century physics rank second only to Albert Einstein's?
5. Why is Yehudi Menuhim famous?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)