|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "Tvi".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Yehudi Menuhim famous?
(a) He is a child prodigy violinist.
(b) He is a child prodigy mathematician.
(c) He discovers uranium.
(d) He writes a book.
2. When does Bohr receive his Ph.D.?
3. What Russian-Jewish biochemist is later elected first president of Israel?
(a) George de Hevesy.
(b) Eugene Wigner.
(c) Chaim Weizmann.
(d) Theodor von Penski.
4. What does J.J. Thompson discover?
(a) The electron.
(b) The atom.
(c) The proton.
(d) The neutron.
5. Where does Bohr teach in 1916?
(a) University of Berlin.
(b) University of Copenhagen.
(c) University of Edinburgh.
(d) University of Manchester.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who works with Rutherford to develop a counter for alpha particles?
2. Who recruits Bohr for research in in radioactivity in Manchester?
3. When does Ernest Rutherford win the Nobel Prize in chemistry?
4. After finishing his Ph.D., where does Bohr start work?
5. Who teaches Bohr about radiochemistry?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)