|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "Tvi".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the specific topic of Bohr's controversial paper in 1913?
(a) Water tension.
(b) Quantam theory.
(c) Atomic bomb.
2. What does J.J. Thompson discover?
(a) The neutron.
(b) The atom.
(c) The electron.
(d) The proton.
3. When does Rutherford discover a radioactive gas emanating from thorium?
4. Whose contributions to 20th century physics rank second only to Albert Einstein's?
(a) Isaac Newton.
(b) George de Hevesy.
(c) Niels Bohr.
(d) Ernest Rutherford.
5. Who envisions atoms as small billiard balls?
(a) Ernest Lawrence.
(b) Isaac Newton.
(c) Leo Szilard.
(d) Max von Laue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who teaches Bohr about radiochemistry?
2. Who discovers that radium gives off a radioactive gas?
3. What does Max Planck discover?
4. When does Ernest Lawrence win the Nobel Prize in Physics for producing a working model of the cyclotron?
5. When does Adloph Hitler become Chancellor of Germany?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)