|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "Tvi".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who recruits Bohr for research in in radioactivity in Manchester?
(a) Leo Szilard.
(b) Ernest Rutherford.
(c) Albert Teller.
(d) Max Planck.
2. When does Ernest Lawrence win the Nobel Prize in Physics for producing a working model of the cyclotron?
3. Who confirms the existence of a neutron?
(a) Fyodor Vinbert.
(b) Ernest Lawrence.
(c) Max von Laue.
(d) James Chadwick.
4. What is the specific topic of Bohr's controversial paper in 1913?
(a) Quantam theory.
(b) Water tension.
(c) Atomic bomb.
5. In 1873, what physicist says that atoms do not exist?
(a) Max Planck.
(b) James Maxwell.
(c) James Chadwick.
(d) Fyodor Vinbert.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who envisions atoms as small billiard balls?
2. Ernest Rutherford moves from New Zealand to where?
3. Who conceives the atomic bomb?
4. What does Max Planck discover?
5. Bohr sets out the order of elements on the periodic table based on what part of the atom?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)