|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "Tvi".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who discovers that radium gives off a radioactive gas?
(a) Marie and Pierre Curie.
(b) Wilhelm Roentgen.
(c) Ernest Rutherford.
(d) Leo Szilard.
2. When does Ernest Lawrence win the Nobel Prize in Physics for producing a working model of the cyclotron?
3. Ernest Rutherford moves from New Zealand to where?
4. Who recruits Bohr for research in in radioactivity in Manchester?
(a) Ernest Rutherford.
(b) Max Planck.
(c) Leo Szilard.
(d) Albert Teller.
5. What is the topic of Bohr's first published scientific paper?
(a) The surface tension of water.
(d) The atom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose contributions to 20th century physics rank second only to Albert Einstein's?
2. Who discovers X-rays?
3. What is the name of Bohr's wife?
4. Where does Bohr teach in 1916?
5. What does J.J. Thompson discover?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)