|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "Tvi".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1873, what physicist says that atoms do not exist?
(a) Fyodor Vinbert.
(b) James Maxwell.
(c) Max Planck.
(d) James Chadwick.
2. Who envisions atoms as small billiard balls?
(a) Isaac Newton.
(b) Leo Szilard.
(c) Max von Laue.
(d) Ernest Lawrence.
3. When does Ernest Lawrence win the Nobel Prize in Physics for producing a working model of the cyclotron?
4. What does J.J. Thompson discover?
(a) The atom.
(b) The electron.
(c) The neutron.
(d) The proton.
5. Why is Yehudi Menuhim famous?
(a) He writes a book.
(b) He is a child prodigy violinist.
(c) He discovers uranium.
(d) He is a child prodigy mathematician.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Adloph Hitler become Chancellor of Germany?
2. When does Bohr receive his Ph.D.?
3. What Russian-Jewish biochemist is later elected first president of Israel?
4. Where does Leo Szilard study engineering?
5. After finishing his Ph.D., where does Bohr start work?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)