|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "Tvi".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many patents does Szilard apply for in Germany between 1924 and 1934?
2. Bohr sets out the order of elements on the periodic table based on what part of the atom?
3. What does J.J. Thompson discover?
(a) The electron.
(b) The proton.
(c) The neutron.
(d) The atom.
4. Whose contributions to 20th century physics rank second only to Albert Einstein's?
(a) Isaac Newton.
(b) Ernest Rutherford.
(c) Niels Bohr.
(d) George de Hevesy.
5. Why is Yehudi Menuhim famous?
(a) He is a child prodigy violinist.
(b) He discovers uranium.
(c) He writes a book.
(d) He is a child prodigy mathematician.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who envisions atoms as small billiard balls?
2. When does Adloph Hitler become Chancellor of Germany?
3. Who discovers radio waves in 1893?
4. Who conceives the atomic bomb?
5. In 1873, what physicist says that atoms do not exist?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)