|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "Tvi".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who recruits Bohr for research in in radioactivity in Manchester?
(a) Ernest Rutherford.
(b) Max Planck.
(c) Albert Teller.
(d) Leo Szilard.
2. Who confirms the existence of a neutron?
(a) Fyodor Vinbert.
(b) Ernest Lawrence.
(c) James Chadwick.
(d) Max von Laue.
3. The title of this chapter comes from what philosopher's writings?
4. When does Adloph Hitler become Chancellor of Germany?
(a) January 30, 1933.
(b) December 10, 1932.
(c) April 30, 1932.
(d) December 8, 1931.
5. Who writes "The Shape of Things to Come"?
(b) Leo Szilard.
(c) Max Planck.
(d) Richard Rhodes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Yehudi Menuhim famous?
2. What is the name of Bohr's wife?
3. What is the subject of Leo Szilard's Ph.D. thesis?
4. What does J.J. Thompson discover?
5. Ernest Rutherford moves from New Zealand to where?
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)