|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19 "Tongues of Fire".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who provides Lise Meitner a grant to continue experimenting?
(a) Neils Bohr.
(b) Princeton Foundation.
(c) Nobel Foundation.
(d) Lewis Strauss.
2. Under whom is the German fission research consolidated?
(a) Hans Geiger.
(b) Otto Hahn.
(c) The War Office.
(d) The Kaiser Wilhelm Institute.
3. What element does Enrico Fermi and his team begin to experiment with?
4. What gas do the Germans first introduce into the war at Ypres, contrary to the terms of the Hague Declaration of 1899?
(a) Nerve gas.
(c) Xylyl bromide.
5. When does the Oak Ridge pilot reactor reach critical mass?
(a) January 1943.
(b) November 1943.
(c) January 1944.
(d) June 1943.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the NDRC?
2. Who is the token American at the Solvay Conference?
3. Approximately how many wealthy Jewish men do the Germans send to concentration camps during the German Kristallnacht?
4. In the 1930's, where do Lise Meitner, Otto Hahn, and Fritz Strassman work when they are trying to sort out the elements created by neutron bombardment of the heaviest elements?
5. When does World War II begin?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)