Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 "Revelations".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the topic of one of the debates that takes place at the Solvay Conference?
(b) The nuclear chain reaction.
(d) The structure of the proton.
2. What instrument does Frisch use to prove the nucleus splits?
(b) Bubble chamber.
(c) Cloud chamber.
(d) Accelerator tube.
3. Who heads the Academic Assistance Council in the 1930's?
(a) Ernest Rutherford.
(b) Kurt Mendelssohn.
(c) Niels Bohr.
(d) John Maynard Keynes.
4. Who determines how to use x-ray spectroscopy to study atoms?
(a) Max Planck.
(b) Ernest Rutherford.
(c) Harry Moseley.
(d) Niels Bohr.
5. Who comes up with the technical term "pile" or atomic pile?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1939, who is pursuing atomic research in Germany?
2. Where does John von Neumann go in 1930 when he leaves Germany?
3. Where does Enrico Fermi and his team carry out his experiments?
4. What is the general topic for the Solvay Conference?
5. Approximately how many wealthy Jewish men do the Germans send to concentration camps during the German Kristallnacht?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)