|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 "Physics in Desert Country".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Director of the London School of Economics in the 1930's?
(a) Edward Teller.
(b) A.E. Houseman.
(c) William Beveridge.
(d) John Maynard Keynes.
2. In the 1930's, where do Lise Meitner, Otto Hahn, and Fritz Strassman work when they are trying to sort out the elements created by neutron bombardment of the heaviest elements?
(a) Univeristy of Franfurt.
(b) Univeristy of Berlin.
(c) Kaiser Wilheim Institute.
(d) Tubingen University.
3. When does the Third Reich promulgate its first anti-Jewish ordinance?
(a) January, 1933.
(b) September, 1933.
(c) April, 1933.
(d) June, 1933.
4. Who is Queen Victoria of England's oldest grandson?
(a) George III.
(b) Kaiser Wilhelm II.
(c) Prince Edward.
(d) King Edward VII.
5. Who is the first American scientist of administrative rank to visit Britain in 1941?
(a) Lyman Briggs.
(b) Ernest Lawrence.
(c) James Conant.
(d) Kenneth Bainbridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately how many wealthy Jewish men do the Germans send to concentration camps during the German Kristallnacht?
2. When is Albert Einstein's theory of relativity proven through studies during an eclipse of the sun?
3. When does the Solvay Conference in Brussels take place?
4. How does Hans Bethe learn of his dismissal from Tubingen University?
5. When does Marie Curie die?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)