|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "An Extensive Burst".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Director of the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge after World War I?
(a) Ernest Rutherford.
(b) Harry Moseley.
(c) Chaim Weizmann.
(d) Niels Bohr.
2. What is hailed as the beginning of true nuclear physics?
(a) The design of the cyclotron.
(b) The discovery of the proton.
(c) The discovery of the neutron.
(d) The design of the spiral particle accelerator.
3. What is the rumor that circulates regarding the 20th century Hungarian Jewish scientists?
(a) They are not all Hungarians.
(b) They are visitors from Mars.
(c) They are specially trained from birth.
(d) They are related.
4. What is the name of Bohr's wife?
5. Where does Enrico Fermi and his team carry out his experiments?
(a) In a classroom.
(b) At his house.
(c) In a basement.
(d) In a laboratory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Theordor von Karman's area of study?
2. When does de Hevesy's entire family become ennobled?
3. Where is particle acceleration developed?
4. What can Von Karman do at age six that show he is a prodigy?
5. In the 1920's/1930's, what is the world's largest source of radioactive polonium?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)