Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 "Exodus".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of planes does Germany use to bomb England?
(b) "Big Berthas".
2. How many of the 20th century's most exceptional scientists, who go on to become involved in the atomic bomb, are produced by the Hungarian Jewish middle class?
3. What does Chaim Weizmann discover that helps the war effort?
(a) An anerobic organism that decomposes starch.
(b) A way to make radios more efficient.
(c) A secret code.
(d) A new radioactive element.
4. When does Ernest Rutherford win the Nobel Prize in chemistry?
5. Who designs the first working cyclotron?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Director of the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge after World War I?
2. When World War I begins, Bohr moves from Denmark to where?
3. In the early 1900s, Budapest is the first European city to have what mode of transportation?
4. What gas do the Germans first introduce into the war at Ypres, contrary to the terms of the Hague Declaration of 1899?
5. Who becomes the first unconverted Jew ennobled since the Middle Ages?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)