Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "Men from Mars".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the specific topic of Bohr's controversial paper in 1913?
(a) Quantam theory.
(c) Atomic bomb.
(d) Water tension.
2. Who is the second woman in history to earn a Ph.D. at the University of Vienna?
(a) Maria Goeppert-Mayer.
(b) Yehuda Menuhia.
(c) Marie Curie.
(d) Lise Meitner.
3. Who teaches Bohr about radiochemistry?
(a) Ernest Rutherford.
(b) Eugene Wigner.
(c) John Karman.
(d) George de Hevesy.
4. Who discovers radio waves in 1893?
(a) Ludwig Mies van der Rohe.
(b) James Maxwell.
(c) Ernest Rutherford.
(d) Max von Laue.
5. What kind of planes does Germany use to bomb England?
(b) "Big Berthas".
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chaim Weizmann discover that helps the war effort?
2. Who recruits Bohr for research in in radioactivity in Manchester?
3. What can Von Karman do at age six that show he is a prodigy?
4. Bohr sets out the order of elements on the periodic table based on what part of the atom?
5. Who is Queen Victoria of England's oldest grandson?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)