|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "Tvi".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who discovers that radium gives off a radioactive gas?
(a) Ernest Rutherford.
(b) Wilhelm Roentgen.
(c) Marie and Pierre Curie.
(d) Leo Szilard.
2. Who works with Rutherford to develop a counter for alpha particles?
(a) J.J. Thompson.
(b) Edward Teller.
(c) John von Neumann.
(d) Hans Gieger.
3. What is the specific topic of Bohr's controversial paper in 1913?
(b) Water tension.
(c) Atomic bomb.
(d) Quantam theory.
4. When does Ernest Lawrence win the Nobel Prize in Physics for producing a working model of the cyclotron?
5. The title of this chapter comes from what philosopher's writings?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the topic of Bohr's first published scientific paper?
2. What does J.J. Thompson discover?
3. When does Bohr win the Nobel Prize in physics?
4. Who teaches Bohr about radiochemistry?
5. Bohr sets out the order of elements on the periodic table based on what part of the atom?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)